1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. Hi! Thanks for the quick reply! I bought the Gyoha Moebius head to shell one of my favorite book characters into. I haven't tried a faceup on him yet, i figured i would wait till i had a body for him incase i needed to blush the body to match. Do you know if Doll Family H does color matching though Alice Collections? It seems like sitting they would only do though their own website.

2. You didn't ask me but they do as I received last month a DFH body matched to Switch mocha brown I ordered through alice collections.

3. Thank you! Yes, in the few pictures that i have seen of the DFH normal pink it did look a bit lighter. I was thinking that maybe if the pink tone was close enough to the milk tea i could blush the neck of the body and hands to match the head. I'm super excited to hear you have the exact combo that i was thinking of. The milk tea rose looks like a kind of grey- pink. Since you have both resins together, what do you think of how the pink tones in each look together?

That is great to know! Thanks for the information! Did you end up sending in the head cap to Alice collection's then?

4. @Gypsum I believe they do, you'd just need to email AC with your request. However, I think the Gyoha head would look to bobble headed on anything smaller then 65cm. Especially as Gyoha has more mature features. I believe Switch even has pictures of the head on it's newest 70cm bodies. I've got Waseon and Ajeong Closer who have similar head sizes, and I found at least for me that their heads don't really work on anything smaller then 65cm bodies. If you wanted to go the shorter route then you'd want to find a shorter body with at least a 15cm shoulder width.

5. Do you have the two paired together? If you happen to have a picture of them i would love to see them!

Ahhhh. That was the other thing i was worried about. Shoot. I don't think I've seen a body like that that i liked the looks of.

6. @Gypsum - No, DFH has the colours on file so I just asked the dealer about it an email and alice collections told me what to do when I placed the order. To me the milktea rose barely appears pink, more like a beige ish colour with a very slight pink undertone but not enough to actually match an obviously pink resin. DFH normal pink is an obvious pink, a light normal resin but obviously pink toned. I tried to take a photo comparing the head to DFH jointed hand in normal pink, link here 20220123_211052.jpg, but my phone often auto colour corrects and ate the pink out the image, so hopefully the general comparison can help give you an idea (pink/red tones will fade out of resin eventually anyway). No, I have a different head on the body. This milktea rose ruan was a backup choice in case I couldn't get yido in mocha brown which was wanted I wanted for the character as my top choice.

7. Thank you so much for the picture! I think I'm going to have to re-think the smaller body as well. But that's great information knowing that i wouldn't even need to send off part of the head to have a resin color match from Alice collections. ☺

8. Hello everyone <3
      I have just received my petite boy body and I *love* it. It poses awesome, the single joints are super cute (very classic, volks-like).

I ordered natural pink, and below it has a Supia Lina head on it, both compared to a classic Volks SD13, old Supia & classic Zaoll from Dollmore. It fits girl heads that need to be 'boy'ified' perfectly. But its arms are longer than those of girls, so shirts/tops may be too shrot in the sleeves. I learned it the hard way yesterday xD

other than this, a perfect, perfect body. Just what I needed.
      [​IMG]

here, with the supia body on flat shoes and super high heels. They were supposed to be a couple, but now with the height difference, I have doubts. I mean, I knew he'd be slightly shorter and I had no trouble with that, plus she won't wear such high heels all the time, but I'm just doubting it all now. We'll see :D He's stealing her denims. So, all sd13 girl clothes fir just fine in arms, butt, etc. Just the sleeves (that's why his shirt is rolled up - irl it's too short xD)

[​IMG]

Anyway, hope that such a small, low quality comparison helps (I downloaded the pics from my IG)

9. Does anyone here have a Nick? Or has tried fitting a DF-A 62cm male head on their 68cm female body?
      I just confirmed with the company it can be ordered but they seemed doubtful about the fit even if the listed neck and head sizes are the same.

10. Hello everyone! I’ve just ordered a DFA body, and am a little confused about their resin colours. Does anyone have a Light Tan doll from them?? :)

11. I have a light tan body from last year, I can compare it to a normal pink from this year if you like? The light tan is very light

12. That sounds very helpful, having seen peoples wildly varying shades of the ‘Tanned’ skin I’m a bit more confident that I made the right call, would certainly be interesting to see next to normal pink!

If anyone knows how it compares (Light Tan) to colours like Resinsoul coffee or MYOU Coffee that would be great. I have an Argodoll dark brown, a DFH Tan (which seems a lot darker than DFA’s) and Loongsoul NSP (which to me looks far too light compared to the rest of my crew, so I’ve been hoping the DFA light tan is somewhat better...)

#672 EmortalFreak, Mar 7, 2022
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2022
    13. I'm going to be hybriding my Lemoon Perial 70 head on a Doll Family A 75cm (slimmer) boy body. Does anyone have photos of the body and maybe their own hybrids? I'd love to see owner photos of the body.

#673 Seki, Mar 20, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    14. @Seki Does DF-A have two 70cm bodies?

15. Oh! No I meant to say 75cm slim body! oops, sorry.

16. @Seki Haha, no worries. It would be nice if the came out with a slimmer 70cm body as well. I know there's the 68cm one (which I already have four of >_>) But, I also need something in the slightly taller but not to tall category.

17. The DF-H 72cm Ver II is a slimmer body if that is not too tall.

18. @nancy_schroeder_ca It's a little on the tall side, but it's on my list as a possible back up.

19. I received my Dake on a 65cm body on March 9th. He seems to be no longer available on AC...[​IMG]

IMG_0965.HEIC

20. I've been eyeing the DFA 68 body for a while now, and was wondering if anyone here who owns the body have any issues getting clothes for such a slim build. And the lack of a torso joint. I'd appreciate it if anyone here can share their thoughts and experiences!

Tags: