1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      I ordered a Doll Family H Ling Yu 1/3 63cm boy/with makeup.
      * When did you order?
      I ordered him just last week.
      Yes it was. The quality of the doll is very good as is the price.
      The body yes, the face up not so much. This is not a bad thing though, in all of the photos his face was covered by his hair and the lighting was bad, I was so afraid that when I got him his face up was going to be dark and rather ugly, keep in mind I could not see the make up well in the photos and I for the life of me could not find photos of his face up. I was happy to find that he had a rather light and sweet face up when he arrived.
      Yes I was. The doll is good quality and affordable.

He is tightly strung which is both good and bad. It is good because it means no re-stringing for me. But it is also bad because it means that he is finicky and will go crazy at random times because of how tightly strung he is.

I was also a little disappointed because when he arrived he was covered in black marks and had scratching all around his joints. Mr clean magic eraser got the marks off no problem but he still has marks on his joints as if someone had been using them violently.
      I did not buy from them directly but rather through MintOnCard and I will definitely be buying from them again.

[​IMG]

3. Well, it says "Doll Family," so I'm going to assume that is both A and H. :)

* What did you order? Doll Family A Wind w/ elf ears. Purchased via Alice's Collections
      * When did you order? Summer 2011
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Mmmm... Not as much as it should, really. The eyes were slightly misaligned and the standard faceup was nothing like the factory pictures.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I am. He's still a cutie, despite the above issues.

Highs:
      -DF-A will really work with you. I asked, on a lark, if they would be willing to put elf ears on him. (At the time, that wasn't an option.) They said yes!
      -He was shipped within a month of ordering.
      -WOW! He can stand on one foot! And fairily easily.

Issues
      -Above mentioned face probems.
      -The box was very flimsily wrapped and was beaten sensless when it arrived. Luckily, the doll inside was unscathed.

* Would you buy more from this company? Yup.

[​IMG]

4. * What did you order?
      DF-H Anna, blank, pink skin, free event pink skin jointed female hands

* When did you order?
      December 1, 2013. She was ordered through Alice's Collection with another doll and a lot of clothes so my wait time might have been a bit off.

I think so. I wasn't really expecting the doll or the hands to be as nice as they are.

She's lovely but the company photos really only showed the side and 3/4 view of her head. I found accurate photos of her on DoA and on google.
      The female jointed hands that came free during this event look a lot like the company photos but I couldn't find any photos of them on a doll.

I'm pretty satisfied with both the doll and the jointed hands.

Positives:
      Strung very well enough to be able to stand and pose straight out of the box. She wasn't too tight or super squeaky like a lot of owners have mentioned.
      The body is nicely detailed and slightly curvy.
      The resin was nice and smooth but not shiny like some pictures I've seen of DH dolls.
      I love the double jointed knees, they look nice bare and dressed.
      She also came with a face mask even though she came blank. The company was even kind enough to add a few tissues to keep her nose from getting squished.

The jointed hands are the exact same color as the doll itself. I was kinda worried they'd be from a different batch.
      The base of the jointed hands don't have a ton of detail to them but the fingers and fingernails are lovely.
      These are my first set of jointed hands so I don't really know how to judge their stringing but the poses I put the hands into all hold into place and don't snap back.

Negatives:
      Her chest isn't round as I had hoped it to be. They look a bit more like they are in a slightly pointed bra. I didn't find out until after I bought my doll that DF-H offers a small chest part. :(
      She had slight grayish marks on her legs when I opened her. I assume these could have been caused by clothes or shoes I bought with her or maybe DF-H uses a grey sandpaper. It came off really easily though.
      Her face is slightly lower on her face than what I would have liked but she's still beautifully sculpted.

I've got my eye on a few of the newer sculpts that have came out from DF-A & DF-H and I'd also love to have more jointed hands.

5. * What did you order?
      DF-H Xiang Yi Normal Yellow without face up
      * When did you order?
      25-03-13 from Manu Shop (German dealer) / Received on 03-08-14 (together with Manu's face up)
      Really reasonable price and nice quality.
      I didn't order the default face up, so it was a bit difficult to tell. His body and mold are exactly like in official photos.
      Very satisfied! If he would have better balance by standing, would be perfect. What I was surprised, he could also kneel and didn't fall. >v<
      Positive : It was almost a year after he came to live with me. No yellowing and his joints still like new. He can kneel and post normally.
      Negative : He can't stand well without any thing to support. I don't know if it's just mine?! (O.O)
      Maybe, if I find an interesting mold and suitable to my character.

[​IMG]

6. * What did you order?
      - I ordered a Doll Family-A Shana (blank) in normal/pink skin
      - I ordered during an event so I got a free Doll Family-Pets Frog (blank) in green skin
      * When did you order?
      - I ordered during the third week of February 2016 through Alice's Collections and received my order March 31st 2016
      - I purchased this doll during an event, so I received a discount as well as the free frog. I am really satisfied with the quality. The resin is really smooth and there are no seam lines on either doll. The hands are really nice and better than I expected.
      - The sales pictures only showed the sculpt with the faceup, and I ordered a blank. I was a little anxious that the website had no photos of the blank sculpt but she's gorgeous!
      - Yes, absolutely. I can't wait to give her a faceup and make her some clothes!
      POSITIVES
      - She stands pretty easily
      - No seam lines
      - Smooth resin
      - Hands are detailed and delicate
      - Body shape is really nice
      - Both dolls arrived safely without any scuffs
      - The frog event gift is super cute
      NEGATIVES
      - So far, the only thing I can think of is that the frog head faceplate magnets are a little weak. Otherwise I'm really pleased!
      - Totally! Plus if you're patient and wait for sale events you can get some really great gifts.

7. * What did you order?
      Doll Family H Bei Lie fullset with Normal Pink skin via Alice's Collections
      * When did you order?
      March 2, 2016
      Yes, definitely
      Close. All of the pictures on the website showed a "scarring" face-up, but I ordered without the scarring. From the unscarred part of his face in the pictures, I'd say it's pretty close.
      Absolutely
      Positives: I love the joints. Some joints on dolls look a little blocky or strange under clothes, but his joints look very natural
      Negatives: He came with a tiny bit of his nose chipped off. (You can't really notice it unless you look close.)

Absolutely

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. hey! I bought this body, I wanted to know if he can slauch! (hug his legs) please~

9. Hello Scarlette! :D Of all my dolls, Bei Lie is still one of the best posers. I wouldn't say you could pull his knees clear up to his chest, but with a little work he can hug his knees. The body I have has grooves in the top thigh ball joint, which allows for some good poseability. I don't know if you could bend him in half, per se, but of all my dolls he has the best range as far as bodies go. Plus with the triple-jointed chest, a line just under the chest and one at the hips, you can get him to slouch fairly well. The hip joint actually is a little more flexible than the chest joint from my experience. Hope this helps!

10. aw I'm excited! yes all my SDs have 3 torso pieces but in one of them, the lower one is basicly useles hahah
      I got the body version 3 (62cm) and it will come with jointed hands which I also heard they work good.
      Now I just hope the head its for fits correctly. Either way, thank you for replying! c:

11. * What did you order?
      DF-H XingChen Practice Head

* When did you order?

08 March 2017 at Sunny World Taobao and arrive at 20 March 2017

Yes

Yes

Yes

Come without COA and they just put some tissue around the head and some white sponge wrap, luckily the head didn't come with some scratch.

Yes, cause I think this is the cheapest head for practice face up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. * What did you order?
      A Doll Family A Milu
      * When did you order?
      December 25 2016
      Yes very much so
      Yes and even cuter in person.
      Oh yea!!
      Unlike the other pet dolls by this company, it's knees bend!
      Of course.

13. * What did you order?
      A DF-H Xiao Xin head in Normal Pink via Alice's Collections.
      * When did you order?
      Late on May 1st, 2017 EDT.
      Absolutely, considering the head was less than $30 USD.
      No, but that's okay. The face looks better in person. The company photos make it have a chubbier appearance.
      Yes, very much so.
      For what is considered a practice head, it was very well made. It's smooth with good coloration and not really any defects. It has minor sanding markings, which aren't noticeable unless you are at a particularly close and wonky angle. My only physical complaint is that the neck area is not even, and if you sit the head down on a table it leans a bit. Really though, it's not a problem. While not a problem for me, others might be upset that the face itself is not even. The eye holes, the nostrils, etc are all slightly different in both shape and size on the two sides. The differences are very small. Personally, I think it makes the face look more natural. However, the lack of information regarding this head sculpt is awful, and even then the information is wrong. The neck hole is closer to 8.5cm to 9 cm, it really does not need 16mm eyes (the iris is far too big) but rather 14mm, and the head circumference is actually closer to 21cm. I'm so glad I waited to buy a body.
      Absolutely. Overall, I'm extremely happy. :)

#13 BenEMcD, May 15, 2017
      Last edited: May 15, 2017
    14. * What did you order?
      Doll family H Chiyu 1/4 tan skin

* When did you order?
      June, 2017

Yes, resin is very thick and look real

Yes

Yes

Positives : cheap price, pose well, usually have discount 10-15%
      Negatives : nothing yet

Yes

15. * What did you order?
      A Doll Family-A 46cm Girl Body Ver. II

* When did you order?
      On July 28, 2017

The quality is more than appropriate for the price, the resin is extremely soft and the body poses really well!

It looked exactly the same, if not even better.

I was a 100% satisfied with the body, I'm still so in love with it!

I actually only find positive things about this product since everything went extremely well, the resin is a beautiful color and it is smooth and soft, the body poses well and they even put a neck protector on her neck which is super amazing! Also the manufacturing time was less than a month since I ordered her on July 28 and they shipped her on August 21. The only "negative" thing I was able to find is that the joints are not really that realistic looking but I don't have a problem with that!

Yes definitely!!!

16. * What did you order?
      Doll Family-H Takumi Kazama on a 68cm tan body via Alice's Collection.

* When did you order?
      16th of January 2018
      I received it the 24th of May 2018

The doll quality is very good for its price.

Exactly like the sales pictures ^^

In general yes, more detail next:

Positives:
      The resin is a very good quality.
      The Tan color is beautiful.
      The sculpting of the face and the body is awesome.
      The multiple joints helps with posing.
      He came in a soft cushioned carrier and the company box is very sturdy.

Negatives:
      Marbling marks everywhere on the Tan resin, but nothing that can't be hidden with blushing.
      ZERO sueding whatsoever
      So the body's limbs don't keep their pose when fighting against gravity.

It's not in my plans, but Takumi wasn't "part of my plans" either, ;)
      So basically, it's a possibility.

17. What did you order?
      Doll Family-H Yue Jian, body type 3, normal white resin, company faceup.

When did you order?
      May 2018 from Alice's Collections. Received Sep 2018.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      He's very nice for being an 'inexpensive' doll - the resin is smooth and he's double-jointed in arms and legs.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      The faceup is much softer, lighter, and has way more blushing than the stock photos. He looks much sweeter as opposed to the more mischievous look from the photos. The body and face sculpt shape are accurate.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, overall I'm really happy with how nice my doll looks!

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      + The resin is much less shiny than I expected. No seam lines either!
      + Good range of motion in limbs and stands like a champ.
      + Packaging was sturdy and the doll was well-protected in shipping.
      - He's a bit kicky and sometimes you have to gently push the double joints to get the other side to engage.
      - Torso is only jointed underneath the chest so he doesn't slouch very well.
      - Some wear marks on the hip joints that were there before I moved them at all.

Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes, it was a good experience overall!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

18. * What did you order?
      Doll Family A mx

* When did you order?
      Ordered on 7 December 2018 from Alice collections, received mid Feb. 2019

Yes, I paid 260$ for a 62 cm doll (was on discount), plus a free event head, I would say the quality is great for such a price!

I got it blank and did the faceup myself so it I can't tell exactly, but at least the body looks like the sales photos

Yes very satisified, it turned out much better than I expected, and it was such a good deal

Positive: the amazing price of course, also the face is very beautiful especially his eyes, the resin is smooth and the body shape is cool too
      Negative: the body keeps popping out at the belly when trying to pose him and he's also so kicky and squeaky, but I learnt how to handle him to minimize the popping and kicking, he also probably needs glue sueding, but I can't really complain at the price I paid for him

Maybe, but since I am eyeing other company dolls now I am not planning to buy from DF anytime soon, maybe in the future

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. * What did you order?
      DF-H Ghost General Beilan in 68 cm male body (with free jointed hands from the event) along with DF-A BoBo in 1$ from the event as well.
      I write this review for DF-H Beilan. BoBo came in a good condition too, by the way.

* When did you order?
      August 2018 direct from Alice Collection. Arrived in January.

Yes. I bought him while event and got a discount.

Yes. He is very handsome in person.

Yes.

+ Great sculpt, there is no seam lines on mine and it's really smooth.
      + Nice resin color. Mine is Normal Pink.
      + The jointed hands is really beautiful! It has long nail but i commissioned someone to cut the nail to be short, that way i can use it in the future.

- His fingers broken when he arrived. He is really big (and heavy), but, their packaging not really great. The soft pillow can't really protect the doll because it's quite thin in my opinion. I told alice and gave them the photos of his broken fingers and they said that DF-H will send me a replacement parts. I need to wait around 2 months for the new replacement hands. The resin color from the replacement parts is a bit different from the body but i'm ok with that.
      - There is a sounds every time i move the joints for posing him, it's a little bother me.

Probably yes. I eyeing their 65 cm male body for my future hybrid doll.

20. * What did you order?
      I ordered a fullset Christmas Ver. Qing Lang from DF-H on Alice Collections site.
      * When did you order?
      I ordered him in January of 2019
      He came with a fullset, but the faceup came with a black mark on the top of his nose. His headback was cracked and he had line marks on his feet.
      He looked good as the images despite the flaws.
      I was not satisfied. I spent so much for him to come broken. It makes me sad to think about what horrible condition he is in. And DFH still hasn't gotten back to me on it.
      No, not unless they give me a new headback at the very least.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]