1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves 20cm Dolls Discussion

Jun 16, 2010

1. Ok, made a fun discovery today..."Sparkle Girls" clothes....super cheap at Walmart, but cute...fit Mint! Picked up a few outfits for less than two bucks apiece, and they will be great til I get some more things made!

2. Oo! Nice. I had to look it up. Not a fan of the clothes, but they do have nice accessories. Hmm.

3. With these being discontinued soon, I was thinking of getting one as they caught my eye early on in getting interested in BJDs. Would love to see Acorn spam if anyone has one, that would probably be the one I would get. I hope they would be willing to give the elf wings instead of the butterfly wings with Acorn though.

4. I just finished doing a face-up and making an outfit for my little Alex. She will be going to the Pnwbjd expo with me next month and after that I will post pictures of her. I won her last year at the expo for the diorama contest and she is so sweet. I would have never considered such a small doll before, but now I am smitten and want more. This is a dangerous hobby. :)

5. I've got a Alex to :) I was not into the tinys until I bought her. Love her face :) I make almost all her clothes myself.

6. Hey all!

I am thinking of buying a Doll Leaves Laura.

I would be happy if any of you can tell me, how she poses, maybe pictures?
      She would make a nice Mini-me for one of my Vampire Ladys

Thank you ❤

7. I just got my secondhand Laura in the mail. She really isn't a great poser, sadly, but she seems strung with very thick elastic so it might just be a problem with mine. Her face is LOVELY but I'm not very happy with her body at the moment. It's cutely shaped at least.

[​IMG]

She does kneel okay, but mostly by the weight of her own body pushing her legs down. Her hands CAN touch her face but only if you hold them, or were to wire her. Sueding would probably help this, but not sure how to do that on a doll so tiny.

[​IMG]

Her sit is horrible. She's leaning way too far back, and I know this isn't just her thick elastic, because to lean her forward to a proper sit, you have to pop her leg/hip joint out--which does mean you could fix this with wiring or a quick modding to thin her torso a bit so the leg can actually slot forward properly. Her legs also don't rest on the ground, probably from how light she is.

[​IMG]

But how wide she sits is a bit ridiculous to be honest. This will require more thinning around the crotch to fix, or maybe it's somehow the elastic's fault, not sure. I don't have enough experience with BJDs to know exactly the issue.

[​IMG]

She does stand just fine (although not on the soft surface I was using for photos, so hello hard plastic binder). It's easier to stand her than sit her, honestly. And in this photo I propped her hand against her neck to show she has the ability to touch her face, just only if you hold it or prop it there.

This might all just be issues with my specific Laura, so take it with a grain of salt with my inexperience in the hobby. I'm going to try to restring her with thinner elastic that fits better in her joints and see if that helps at least her touch her face and kneel properly.

[Edit]Also I realize the question was from ages ago, but this might help someone, so why not.

8. Maybe question is ages ago, but your answer is helpful. Thank you! I’m waiting for Laura and now I know what problems I’ll have to deal and be prepared for them.

9. Hey! Could you tell me what eyes size fits her well? I couldnt find this info anywhere.

10. On the old acbjd listing she is listed as needing 6mm eyes. I was able to fit 8mm plastic eyes in her eyewells, but they look quite odd. Honestly not really happy with the 6mm eyes she came with either.

Apologies for the blurry photo, she's hard to photograph closely with how small she is. Also her eyes are currently a bit crosseyed and off-center, oops.
      [​IMG]

Here's the 6mm eyes, they're blue and out of her head they're simple but cute... but in her head it's hard for them to catch the light, so they're dark and take up far too much of her eye.
      [​IMG]
      Also good to keep in mind that her head is VERY difficult to move around in. There is barely even room for the hook, nonetheless her eyes. I got out my 8mm eyes to show you but I then didn't feel like fighting her eye putty again to get these out, so sorry. If people really want, I can swap out the 6mm eyes for the 8mm ones, but honestly neither look that great.

I'm looking for, and would recommend smaller iris 6mm or smaller eyes that are flatter or have a shallow curve, so they can catch the light better. I might even just buy small gemstone beads for her eyes since she's meant to be a tiny fae in my collection anyway.

[edit] I want to specify, that I'm not sure the 6mm eyes are eyes she was sent with from the company, just the eyes I received her with. I have no reason to believe these aren't her company eyes, however, considering what I know of her previous owners.

[edit again] Okay this post got me curious about getting her new eyes and I wanted to measure things myself, so I did end up fighting the putty out.

So here's some more photos.
      [​IMG]
      So here's what the 6mm eyes I was showing off look like outside her head. Simple and cheap ones with a raised dome that I think is part of why they don't catch light nearly at all.

[​IMG]

Here's her with the cheap purple sparkly 8mm eyes. They're cute as well but completely eat up her entire eye. It's also quite difficult to get them to catch light, so sorry for the weird angle.

[​IMG]

The 6mm vs the 8mm inside the head, you can see that the 8mm is probably the max size that can fit in these very round eyewells. The 6mm eyes with their high dome kind of roll around without the putty there to hold it to the face.

Also the hook needs room, so keep that in mind when purchasing eyes, as you're likely to not want eyes with stems/backs like these two, since the hook WILL hit them when posing the doll and knock them out of position. I have to use a special tiny hook tool to unhook her head and a small clay tool to get her eyes sitting right in the putty.

[​IMG]

Here's a better look at the two eyes outside the doll's head. I noticed they've both got about the same iris size, around a 4.5mm-ish size to my measurements? So that is likely the problem with why the 6mm look so bad--the iris is too big for the size of eye she needs.

I still say a smaller iris on a 6mm eye would likely look better, but it's possible a 6mm eye with an average-sized iris could look fine.

#370 theplushfrog, Apr 20, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    11. Hopefully this does not count as double posting, as it's been awhile, but I wanted to update people that I receiving some clothing I had ordered for my Doll Leaves Laura. So, first thing is that some Blythe clothes DO fit. She seems to fit Pure Neemo S sized clothing the best, but it can be slightly tight in the bust, so keep that in mind. Pure Neemo M also fits, but is a little baggy--it seems that more Blythes use this body, so that means she will fit most Blythe clothing. I also tried something sized for Neo Blythe and that was a very nice fit as well.

My only issue so far is that nearly all the dresses I ordered are far too long for her height, but that's not a terrible fix with some hemming or just rolling it up in some cases. BUT! If you're going for the "doll for my doll" look, a too-long dress really sells that well.

Some photos for examples, these dresses are from Kosucas on etsy. Also, apologies for her terrifying eyes and my very yellow lighting.

[​IMG]
      The Pure Neemo S dress that fits very nicely, altho her hands are difficult to get through the tightest part of the sleeves.

[​IMG]
      A Pure Neemo M dress, looking kind of baggy and too big, but still cute.

[​IMG]
      It's gonna need some hemming.

[​IMG]
      The aforementioned Neo Blythe dress which is very cute (excuse the photo bombing duckies, they wanted camera time too).

#371 theplushfrog, May 20, 2021
      Last edited: May 20, 2021
    12. @theplushfrog thank you for clothes update! I’m really happy to hear that Laura fits in blythe size, which have a lot of beautiful outfits.

13. I'm so glad this thread still exists. I just ordered my Laura through Denver dolls today and had no prior knowledge about the doll at all XD (definitely an impulse buy) But the size is just so perfect.
      I'm not too nervous about thinning the body up to help with sitting if anyone wants update photos on that when I get her in/around to it.

14. I bought one from Denver Doll also. One hip will go to a 90 angle easily. The front of the body comes too fardown on the other hip.

15. I bought an in stock Laura from DDE too! I've been looking at her every now and then, and telling myself that I didn't NEED her. After all, I have too many dolls already and I am busy with my new, fabulous, big dolls.
      However, when I went to get DV Gru, they had a listing of her at the bottom of the page. She is cute and little and why shouldn't I have a new doll? I got her in ws with FU, and she got here in just a few days. She came with 8mm eyes, so I put in ( with difficulty) a pair of 6mm eyes. Better, but not quite big enough, so I'll order 8mm eyes with 3mm irises.
      Then I got out the 4" wigs, and a curly red wig fit and looked great. I love that wig, and it never looked right with any other doll.
      While doing all this I had to put on my reading glasses and had a close look at her face. I'd thought the blush looked funny, but saw that she had tiny hearts as part of her blush. Then I found several outfits that fit well, and I was in love.
      She doesn't pose well; she can only look down, and her arms don't want to stay straight, but I've had worse. I also feel like a great stylist! The listing had her in too large everything -- eyes, dress, huge puffy wig. Now everything fits correctly and I'm really pleased.
      Plus it's so fun to buy a doll and get it only a few days later!

16. I'm working on her faceup, so no photo, sorry, but I did find that Mama Frapp's 8mm eyes that are made for the Frappzilla Blooms are actually perfect size for my Laura. They're very flat/thin so her hook doesn't hit them, and the iris is small and dainty making it perfect for her, plus they are shallowly curved enough that they DO catch light and don't swallow her eye in darkness.

I got them for my Blooms, but I'm now going to get a pair just for my Laura. The eyes are currently only available in limited batches, but there have been several options available during Frappzilla's December advent calendar sale, just be prepared to wait a bit to receive them.

This does prove my theory that it's more the pupil size needing to be smaller than 4.5mm so it looks proper, so share if you find any other eyes that work for her. I'll toss up a photo once I'm not ashamed of showing my work on her face, lol.

THAT IS ADORABLE. Now I'm a bit sad I didn't get her with a company faceup.

I would LOVE update photos on thinning her body, as I'm still a bit too nervous to do it myself.

17. I just saw a doll comparison on the Mature 1/6 Dolls thread. They had an Asleep Eidolon 21cm Cordelia, and her body is lovely! Funny, I considered her, but decided I didn't like the face enough. Now I'm thinking about buying the body, at $165 plus $35 for shipping. Funny, I thought
      Laura's body was ok up to now. My collection seems to need constant upgrades.

18. I just bought a Laura from DDE and I am so happy that I found this thread. I really want to turn her into a tiny, horned girl, so we’ll see if working with someone so tiny isn’t too much of a challenge. Can’t wait to get her and try some of the tips in here!

19. I got my grey Laura a month ago from Alice's Collections, but never shared her here. She's wearing Oscar Doll 6mm eyes, a Parabox wig, and Mattel Stacie shoes. Sorry for the not great picture, but here's my Pearl.
      [​IMG]Doll Leaves Laura