1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves Product Review

Jan 15, 2013

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      Teenage Dream Flora in NS with face up and outfit

* When did you order?
      I ordered from Mint on Card on November 18th, 2012; the order was submitted to Doll Leaves on November 20th.

Yes, these dolls are not the best quality but they are very inexpensive. I also purchased her during an event in which I received the face up for free.

Yes! Her face up is a bit asymmetrical but looks great. However, the color of the Normal Skin Flora is shown in on the website is a lot less pale in person (it's a beautiful color...just not as advertised).

For the most part, yes. The doll is lovely, her face up is great, the outfit is gorgeous. Unfortunately an internal resin piece broke less than 24 hours after receiving her. I only needed to glue it back in place, but it was a hassle having to partially disassemble her. At some point during the process, the bottom edge of her torso was chipped in several places. Also, her outfit has plastic snaps that are extremely difficult to undo. They put a lot of stress on the sewing holding them to the fabric.

Positive:
      - Very affordable
      - Sweet poseable body
      - Face ups are as enchanting as shown in the promos
      - Clothing is just as beautiful and imaginative as shown in the promos
      - Short waiting time (less than a month!)

Negative:
      - A piece of her broke almost instantly
      - Plastic snaps on fabric are a big no-no and will eventually fall off
      - These have got to be the lamest hands I've ever seen.

I'm not certain. I'm hesitant because of that broken piece. Having her body chipped the day following my box opening is disheartening. I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't recommend the company though, I think I just got unlucky with mine.

I have a review of the 1/4 Doll Leaves body if anyone is interested! You can find it here:)

3. * What did you order?
      1/3 boy body and jointed hands, and a free Noir head.

* When did you order?
      I don't remember the date, but I think the doll took about 1 month or less to be shipped. It was during an event.

yes! the prices are very affordable, and they have lot of events with free gifts.

yes.

Absolutely!

the body poses very nicely and the resin is smooth.
      The heads are non-symmetric and the details are a bit more rough than in the bodies, but it is not totally negative... symmetrical hand-sculpted faces are beautiful too.

sure.

4. * What did you order?
      Teenage dream - MAYA with altered face-up
      * When did you order?
      around the 16th January
      definitely!! Better, even.
      yes
      absolutely
      - they altered the face-up for me at no extra cost
      -body came securely packaged with no chips or scratches
      -body had a few minor scuff marks, but easily removed with an eraser
      -body has a little bit of dried liquid-y stuff on the back of the calf, but wont be seen in most cases
      definitely!

5. * What did you order?
      Sisley in NS (with face-up - I wanted one without but the only Sisley available had a face-up so I was made to pay for it)
      * When did you order?
      May 2012
      Lets face it - DS have cheap dolls. Personally I don't get why RS gets so much flack as being the worst/cheapest BJD company when in my opinion DS is worse. The body isn't the prettiest, and the torso is strange to pose. Her face in my opinion needs work. I fell for her smaller eyes (unusual for a bjd).
      You get what you pay for, my Sisley is charming and I love her ears but she's nothing much compared to my DIM girls.
      But they have potential with the right owner who can put the work into them.
      Yes, but the photos were taken from so few angles I hadn't realised just how strangely miniscule and pointy her nose was.
      The face-up I received was a lot more pink.
      Yes, the quality is probably slightly better than what you pay for. She came in a nice box with a white cushion and free little socks.
      Positive
      - She stands sturdily.
      Negative
      - A piece inside the torso is glued down inside the abdomen, mines dislodged and now her chest piece snaps around. I'm going to have to glue it back.
      I like Noir, but probably not.

6. * What did you order?
      1/4 Royal Boy
      * When did you order?
      Around the start of october 2012
      Oh yes, if not it should have been more! I love him so much
      very much
      Yes, very much
      His resin is so smoooooth he came a bit floppy but that was easy to fix. There was a little bit of black cuff marks but nothing an eraser couldn't fix. He was a great first doll, very flexible
      Yes! I look forward to that day when I do

7. * What did you order?
      1/4 Sisley in WS, blank
      * When did you order?
      April 15th, 2013
      Absolutely! I was really shocked, her resin is so smooth, I can't even tell she has ever had seam lines! No sanding marks or anything.
      Yes, if anything even better
      Yes, very much, I am so pleased with her.
      Awesome first doll, I have nothing to compare her too other then Mirodoll, and she's soooo much higher quality. I can't find any flaws in her other then she was super tightly strung, but thats just something I need to fix :) I think she poses very well, and stands really easily.

Absolutely

8. * What did you order?
      DS Special Edition Puppet-02 in NS, face-up for Arwen
      * When did you order?
      May 8, 2014
      Puppet-02 was definitely more expensive than Doll Leaves' other MSD sized dolls, but it's totally understandable since she's a limited edition. She also came with a free Arwen, since Doll Leaves was having an event at that time.
      Yes!
      Very!
      I actually like her a lot. Her and Arwen's face up are exquisite and I actually like the joint system. The only problem was that she came a little cross-eyed, but it was nothing a little tweaking with the eye positioning couldn't fix
      Definitely

9. What did you order?
      Doll Leaves 58cm Female jointed hands in white resin

When did you order?
      I ordered via Angelesque in May; I placed my order with Carol on the 14th, the main order was placed on the 29th. I received them today, the 21st August.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I believe so. They are very well sculpted and pose nicely even without wiring, and the colour match is perfect with Alena's Dollzone white resin.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, except I bought blank hands and the sales pictures are painted!

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes!

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Lovely smooth resin (and perfect match as I already mentioned!) and really easy to install. They pose nicely, though I am considering wiring them, as the fingers are a little kicky when trying to pose them individually. They come already strung together, and they feel nice and solid - they do look a little strange to me at first because they are larger overall than the default dollzone hands she came with, but they look natural enough and I really love the long nail sculpt. Very pleased!

Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes.

10. * What did you order? Another Me grey skin Lilith with faceup- came with an event doll Arwen

* When did you order? 14 April 2014 from DDE, doll arrived 2 September 2014

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I think so

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Fairly close

* Were you satisfied with the product? yes

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Positives: The body is very poseable and stands like a rock right out of the box, the company faceup is very nice, the grey skin has a slight greenish tone to it which I like, but others might be put off by it, seams are all sanded with minimal marks. A pair of good quality glass eyes were included. The free event doll is sturdy feeling and also poses nicely. Negatives: Lilith is very light weight compared to my other slim minis and her resin is very slick feeling. I personally prefer heftier resin with more tooth. Her double joints gap quite a bit and are not aesthetically pleasing to me.

* Would you buy more from this company? Not another whole doll unless it was in a special skin tone. I dislike the joints. I might consider getting a head & making a hybrid.

11. * What did you order?
      70cm boy body with Len head (head was free in the summer event)

* When did you order?
      31st July 2014 direct from the company, he arrived just under a month later.

Yes. Very pleased with the quality & price, the shipping was also very reasonable.

Better actually. The company photos of the body don't really show off how good it looks and the company face up for the head looks a bit.... odd.
      I didn't need the head so I asked for the one they showed with the photos of the body. He is really very nice looking in person.

Very.

Positives:
      Stands like a rock
      Poses very well
      Nicely sculpted body
      Cute head
      Very smooth resin and no seams
      Well packed in a sturdy outer box and lots of protection in the inner box
      Came with free eyes as well which I wasn't expecting

Negatives:
      Hard to think of any!

Definitely!

12. * What did you order?
      Dora and a free Arwen (and nicer msd hands for the Dora, aaaand minifee elf wings for Arwen) (all blank)

* When did you order?
      May 30, 2013

I can't really say for sure, this is my first purchase of a BJD. However, given that everywhere else I see MSDs go for $300 and up, the $160 feels like a steal!

The sales pictures for Dora had a face up that did not appeal to me at all. In fact, I found it sort of ugly... I looked up the sculpt online and found some really nice faceups though, so I got her blank. The Arwen doll looks like the pictures, but I swear I did not notice the tiny little teeth in his mouth on the pictures! (But they're adorable anyway)

Indeed I am.

Positive:
      -smooth skin on all parts
      -I like the face sculpts much better in person
      -the head comes with eyes and putty! (Is that normal? I knew it came with eyes, but I was kicking myself in the butt because I forgot to buy eye putty.)
      -all the skin is the same color
      -it came in a shiny pillow thing, no scratches!

Negatives:
      -arwens legs are really tight, so it's stuck in a sitting position.
      -Dora's whole body seems too tight
      -neither of mine stand on their own. (I got Dora to for about ten seconds, but she face planted and I was glad she was on carpet)
      -Arwens fingers and toes are a little odd, like the dips between his fingers were sanded down in a rush.

Totally. Its very well priced, and far as I can tell, the dolls are fairly good quality. As a doll newbie, though, I don't know how to really fix my problems. I'm afraid if I restring either of them I'll just mess them up more... That and I don't just magically have extra elastic laying around.

13. * What did you order?
      Doll Leaves noir head
      * When did you order?
      Last november
      The quality is great!
      Not really. I expected his eyes to be a bit wider.
      Yes, definitley!
      It's a shame his ears pop off easily! The white resin is so beautifull <3
      I would :)

14. * What did you order?
      I ordered a Doll Leaves Bailey; she came with an event Arwen.
      * When did you order?
      I ordered last May-ish, they came in August. (bit late with the review, eh?)
      Yes, definitely. They're both adorable. Bailey is heft, poses well, gorgeous default face-up.
      Yes, I would say so!
      Definitely!
      Bailey cannot stand (or maybe I am trying to get her to do it in the wrong way). Bailey has very cartoonish proportions (she has a big head and her hands feel big), but I really like it. Getting her head off is a pain, though, but that can be fixed. Arwen stands beautifully, though she is a little kicky.
      Yes, I totally would.

15. What Did You Order?
      I ordered a Doll Leaves 1/3 size Doris through Denver Doll Emporium. I ordered the white skin version.
      When did you order?
      I placed the order during an event, on March 20th. She arrived on June 16th
      Was the Quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. She is quite spectacular. The face up is really perfect.
      Did the Item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes...she looks almost exactly like the pictures. I was impressed.
      Very much so.
      Tell us some positives and negatives about this product:
      She stands on her own pretty easily and her eyes and face really "pop" on camera. I have her in my office, just out of her box, and people just stop in to see her because they are so struck by her.
      I also got a free tiny "Alex" as part of the event and she is quite cute as well but I have not done her face yet. The joints on Doris are a little tight..she pops in and out of her poses which I find a little annoying but I probably just need to do some work on her. I also ordered the jointed hands which are quite amazing. I ordered the "face up" (hand-up?) on the hands too but they forgot that so DDE is sending them back for me.
      Would you buy more from this company:
      Yes, I really like their sculpts.
      I am new to this so I don't know if the picture will work..I have an image on my picture trail site. (Mods..please let me know if I have not done the linking correctly.)
      http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24659442

16. What Did You Order?
      I ordered 1/3 scale Evan in normal skin through MOC with the extra elf ears, and no face up. He also came with the event doll Alex -also blank in ns.
      When Did You Order?
      March 2015. He arrived June 2015.
      Was the Quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes! The face is even better looking in person (even blank). The body is very stable & a heavy resin with sanded seams. I love the fact Evan can change out human and elf ears.
      Did the Item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, Evan looks mild and reserved in RL as in the company pics.
      Very much!
      Tell us some positives and negatives about this product.
      I love the fact I can change out his ears without having to remove his head cap. Mine seem to have strong magnets, so no falling off unexpectedly. Evan is strung really tight and I had difficulty removing his head. Maybe this is because I'm not used to SD yet. But it was really hard! My only 'issue' is his hands are bigger than what I prefer -but well sculpted. Evan was well worth the $ I spent! The event doll Alex is just so cute! All positive there!
      Would you buy more from this company?
      Yep -I bought a Noir event head secondhand and was planning on getting him a DL body. Definitely would have, but the resin match between 2013 and 2015 is totally different. I still would love to get another bjd from them though.

17. * What did you order?
      1/4 Maya in NS
      * When did you order?
      Sometime over the summer, i believe his birthday is sometime in July
      Yes. The resin is very smooth and well made.
      Yes, exactly.
      At first yes, before I realized he wasn't what I had pictured for my character. I modded his eyes open slightly and plan on giving him some teeth sometime soon. But I do love this doll dearly.
      He came packaged very well. Securely wrapped and came with a face mask which was nice too.
      Hedy is the next on my list!

18. What did you order?
      Doll Leaves Amara 1/4 scale normal skin with face up

* When did you order?
      I ordered through acbjd, around july 7. There was a free face up event. The doll took around one month to make and was shipped at the end of july. Shipping was fast

Definitely! She has no seamlines, she feels really smooth as well. I didn't have to restring her or anything, she stands pretty well and poses great! Also, her face up is amazing.

Definitely, though my impression is that she is much more beautiful irl than her promo shots.

Absolutely!

Positive: amazing default face up, the body is really poseable and well made. I like how long her legs seem.
      Negative: the only negative thing is her lashes were weakly glued and tended to detach themselves. Fixed it myself with a bit of glue, and it is a really minor thing, i wasn't really bothered.

Definitely yes. There are a few sculpts of them that i really like, like 1/3 Daniel, and while i'm settled on other dolls, if i had the opportunity, i would order from them again. I was really satisfied by my experience with them!

19. * What did you order?
      Doll Leaves Wish (MSD boy) without face up and in pink skin

* When did you order?
      22nd January 2016 - as it was an in-stock Item at Alice's Collections (but the order also contained non-in stock-items), he reached here on 1st February 2016

Absolutely! He was my first doll (not the first I ordered, but the first to reach), so I had nothing to compare him to at the time and I was stunned by how smooth his resin was. There were no seam lines either and he was fully intact. He came strung very well (neither too tight, nor too lose) and holds most poses very well. The original price was $150 and to my mind that is absolutely a steal, they could easily charge more for these!

Absolutely - I'd say better actually!

Very much so!

Positives
      1. Stands like a rock, right out of the box
      2. Can hold a variety of poses without sueding
      3. I love the elbows and knees!
      4. Beautiful face-sculpt, not overly detailed, but very charming
      5. Very smooth resin and no seam lines
      Negatives
      1. His fingers have ascending length from outside to inside, i.e. the middle finger is not the longest finger, but the index finger is. It is not a big deal, but did bother me a bit
      2. His hands and feet are not overly detailed, they look cute, but compared to a Dollzone body for instance, there is room for improvement :]
      I also made a body review, for those who are not sure whether to get them or those, which would like to hear (and see) about the positive and negative points more in-depth:

I attempted a body blushing, which also shows his sculpt, like hands and feet:

[​IMG]

and another picture showing his feet/hands and how he stands (he can stand without support easily):

[​IMG]

Absolutely! I am contemplating getting alternative heads for the MSD boy body :]

20. * What did you order?
      - Doll Leaves Jeremy

* When did you order?
      - February 26

- I love it. The sanding has been done amazingly, the random eyes that came with him are beautiful and his ears are adorably not-exactly even. He has a very, very lively face and everything was like it was supposed to be.

- It did!

- Very!

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      - Love the sculpt. The only thing is that he came extremely tightly strung - but that is nothing I cannot fix. The eyes I got were beautiful blue-grey.

- Absolutely! I am sad they don't have any yoSD's with sculpts I like, because their MSD's are amazing.