1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Legend Discontinuing ALL THEIR DOLLS!!!?

Sep 27, 2021

1. I saw a message on ACBJD.com and wondered if anyone knew anything about it? I messaged Alice's Collection, but it will take some time to receive a reply and it is almost Oct 1st!!

News : BJD - Alice's Collections - BJD Dolls, BJD Accessories

*panic mode intensifies*:eek:

Well, I got a fast reply actually. It is not good news.

#1 Anshishoku, Sep 27, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2021
    2. Wow, that's such short notice! :aeyepop:

3. Oh dear, I wonder what is the reason behind it since their bodies are a popular choice for matching heads.

4. Oh no! I really liked their bodies! I had hoped to get one some day. :(

5. @__@ not only bodies but I feel like their jointed hands are super popular for use with many other companies. This is a shame. (Edit: oh I misunderstood, it says they WILL keep selling those. That’s something at least.)

#5 evilhamster13, Sep 27, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    6. Gee, that is a huge collection to discontinue all at once! How sad! Freaking covid related complications most likely? Terrible news. :frownyblush:

7. well dang, they have such nice msd bodies too.

A shame, and such short notice.

8. Wow, that's huge.
      Discontinuing could mean though that they're going to offer completely new sculpts, but if that was the case I believe they would have hinted something about incoming new products in their social media channels. Maybe they're shifting into a new company?

I'm very curious to read more information on this.

9. Damn. I was thinking about buying a head from them. I'm still not sure about it, and I really don't want to make an impulse purchase.

RIP. I guess their non-jointed hands are discontinued too then?

10. If the company was discontinuing everything I would assume they're closing but what's puzzling me is that they're still going to sell the jointed hands? Is it that there is one person making the jointed hands who wants to continue but someone else who does the heads & body doesn't so they're splitting? But I agree it's a shame as they did nice dolls & bodies :eek:

11. There was no notice anywhere. I just happened to be browsing ACBJD.com and notice a small message next to the Doll Legend category.

I totally agree with you on that one!

I have heard that one artist is stopping all pre-orders because there is a resin shortage? I bet it is 90% covid related.

I really hope they are going to "refresh" their dolls. I couldn't find any information anywhere, except ACBJD.com. I even tried asking some dealers but got no response.

12. This reminds me of when Dollzone wiped clean their sculpts back in the mid 2010s to go to sculpts closer to Doll Chateau. That was about the time I fell out of the hobby so I don't know what happened after that, but they seem to have gone somewhat back to the style they used to have.

13. oh man! this is sad, i was hoping to order some of their 1/6 hands. so if orders are put in now before oct 1st, i’m assuming they’ll be honored???? because i might just grab the couple of pairs i was looking at, but i need to do measurements and find a sample of their imported white first *_* such short notice!

14. I am assuming that is the case so you better go get them! I want to order so many things, but I saw that Dream Valley is going to release a praying mantis soon sooooo, I hope I can just find stuff second-hand later. :sorry

15. i guess i’d better start measuring then!!! i hope so, or at least they have a stock of stuff or something. do they have their own website too??? nothing on there?

16. I tried to find Doll Legend's website, but going to the web address on their stock photos....the website is gone.... Which is not a good sign? I have never been to their website before so, I don't know if they simply had a new address or not.

However,
      BJDivas is supposedly a dealer for them as well as Legend Doll (almost the same name, lol), LUTS (they started carrying other companies dolls? Or are a dealer for them.) Also the DOLK station from Japan (I wouldn't buy from them, I have had too many bad experiences with them). And, of course, ACBJD.com

17. Maybe they're doing what Dollzone and Fairyland did. I did order a pair of their jointed hand months ago but they haven't shipped yet.

18. Gosh wow, that's like no notice at all, hopefully they're just refreshing their brand with new sculpts. I'm waiting on a pair of jointed hands I ordered back in June that haven't shipped yet either, acbjd said about two more months to go when I asked. I don't think I've ever heard of a company announcing a change this large so last-minute before.

19. Wait, What?!
      Yes, Alice's collections isn't carrying the brand (anymore except jointed hands), but the Legend doll site has them and has no notice about them going under/stopping production of stock. Website at Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company : BJD accessories, Doll items like wig, clothes, shoes and Eyes BJD-Legenddoll looks like the website has changed urls from the old site. This is from a quick search so if anyone has more info please post. I've been eyeing a couple Legend Dolls and if they are going out I need to make some decisions.

20. Legend Doll is a dealer and is different from Doll Legend.