1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Love/DollLove/Doll-Love SDs discussion

Jan 31, 2013

1. I hadn't seen a discussion about the Doll Love SDs, so I decided I wanted to start the thread myself. :) Discuss ANYTHING about the dolls - pros and cons to them, about the company, what clothes/wigs/etc. fit, and the like - and I'd love to see pics, too!

~*~*~
      My two bits
      ~*~*~
      On my end, I love my Doll Love Alice - she's gorgeous, and she poses really well once I got the hang of standing her upright. Here she is cuddling a puppy:
      [​IMG]

However, I'm not sure if she's actually an SD13 size; I've just been assuming she is. Is she an SD13, or is she a different classification? Also, I can't seem to get my girl to look up and down at all. Is that normal for DollLove BJDs or is it just my doll?

Also, is it spelled DollLove or Doll-Love (with the hyphen) or Doll Love (with a space)? It's been confusing me.

2. Hey, I also have a Doll Love Alice, she's a lovely sculpt :). She is SD13 size although many people say 1/3 size too as SD is technically a Volks term for their larger BJDs rather than a general term for all 1/3 size dolls. I normally just say SD13 though lol.

There is already a Doll Love discussion thread but it doesn't seem very active so it's a few pages back http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?368053-Doll-Love-discussion!

3. OK, thanks for pointing it out to me! :D That's probably why I couldn't find it... Now to go post there! :D

4. i love doll love alice :) i have one myself

5. my love Millie choupie Lillycat
      [​IMG]

6. I don't usually post pics of my dolls here at DOA, but it seems like Doll Love gets so little attention that I decided to stop by and share my Alice, Holli. She is one of my favourite dolls ever, and I was so pleasantly surprised by her quality when I got her. She out-poses all of my other dolls, and has such a pretty sculpt. This company really deserves more attention, IMO.

[​IMG]

You can see the faceup a bit better in this "faceup in progress" pic I took... Yes I use my fingers to dab excess paint off my brush XD

[​IMG]

7. Wow! missmerrythe3rd, you did a lovely job on the face-up! She looks great! I love dark gothy face-ups! :aheartbea

I agree, Doll Love deserves more love! I like Doll Love dolls, but I have only bought their 1/6 dolls.

It's good to know the 1/3 body is a good poser. :thumbup

8. Thank you so much! I love the goth look, too, so I have lots of dark!BJDs, lol. I hope to add a Doll Love tiny to my collection too at some point, but jumping into another scale is daunting, having to get all new stuff for them. O_o

9. Yes, it can be daunting to add a new size to your collection. I know, it was one of the reasons I never bothered to look at YOSD-sized dolls. I wanted to stay focused on my SD-sized crew. But, I got a free tiny as a gift when I bought a 1/3 doll, and that was the end of my resistance! That little doll was so much fun to play with!

I have always admired Doll Love's Alice sculpt. She's very pretty. I also Like Lenon and Brian. Someday, I'll add one of those boys to my crew. But, in the meantime, I'll just enjoy your Holli! :fangirl:

Thanks for sharing!

10. Just jumping back in this thread with an updated pic of Holli, as I made her some custom eyes (using a kit) the other day. ^_^

[​IMG]

11. aww this thread is pretty inactive, but i recently got a luo li sp. head and im totally in love! i put her on an old volks SD10 suwarikko body and the match is actually really good for the normal yellow. ^^
      she needs a wig and clothes and probably eyes (altho her temporaries suit her just fine!), but she’s got such an attitude to her!

her head is technically a male head, but even so it’s just a tiny bit small for the neck hole so i’m gonna try and mod it larger in the future? or maybe shrink the neck.... hmmm...!

her head is kind of a weird shape too so i’m hesitant to get a custom wig, but she needs one since her hair is black with blonde roots.