1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll-Love Product Review

Jan 12, 2013

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      Sweet Doll Evol, Pink Skin, with Face Up, through eBay seller liwenjie0310

* When did you order?
      November 3rd, 2012

Oh yes. These dolls are some of the more affordable BJDs to begin with, and liwenjie0310 offers a free face up and choice of wig. Plus I had a $50 eBay gift card, and the dolls were on sale for 10% off, so I made out like a bandit.

Yes, surprisingly so, actually! I was very impressed with how close her face up was to the promos, especially after seeing other owner photos. I also feel the body looks better in person; those promos aren't very flattering.

Yes! I'm very happy with my purchase.

Positive:
      - Gorgeous, accurate face up.
      - Smooth resin with no seamlines, beautiful color.
      - Nicely engineered body.

Negative:
      - Her face up looks "fuzzy", as if they added too much powder.
      - Her body has a fairly useless torso joint.
      - It isn't too much of an issue, but the pretty box she came isn't adequately protected so it arrived dented up.

Definitely, I'm already eyeing another one of their sculpts:aheartbea

[​IMG]
      Evol Box Opening 9 by ✧Venetica, on Flickr

I have a review of the Doll-Love 1/4 female body if anyone is interested! You can find it here:)

3. * What did you order?
      Baby love Zozo

* When did you order?
      January 9, 2013

Yes

Yes, i actually think that he looks better than the sale pictures

Very much satisfied =) my boy is really cute so im very happy

none

maybe, there's one sculpt that i want as well which is Yoyo

4. * What did you order?
      SD Snow-Sing
      * When did you order?
      Uhm, well... December 2010, I guess.
      Absolutely yes!
      Yes! :)
      Yes, I really love her! :D
      /
      I guess yes. There're a pair of molds that really interest me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. * What did you order?
      Doll Love Luke, Pink skin, With makeup
      * When did you order?
      January 2013
      Yes, the body and face are amazing
      Even better, the pictures were very accurate but did not do him justice.
      Very much so
      His body is gorgeous and very well sculpted and the face up is so amazing and unique.
      One problem I have faced is how tightly he is strung, he has trouble slouching and keeping his arm bent all the way, I don't know if that is really a bad thing.
      Another thing I didn't like was they long eyelashes he came with, they made him look way too girly, that was not an issue tough, I just removed them myself.
      Yes, they were very fast, and definitely worth it. :aheartbea

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Ignore dates on the camera, it is WAY off.

6. * What did you order? Love-Doll Brian, Pink, w/ face-up direct from Doll-Love
      * When did you order? Spring 2012
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Good value for money, yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Not really. In fact, I question whether I actually got the right head.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Considering the value for money, yes, despite some issues, I am satisfied.

Highs:
      -Good value
      -Well-done face-up
      -Lots of free extras when ordering directly from Doll-Love (face-up, clothes)
      -Smooth resin
      -Arrived very quickly and safely
      -Though the ordering system is done entirely by email when buying direct, communication was always fast and friendly.

Issues:
      -Though smooth, the resin has a bit of a plastic-y feel to it.
      -Hip size is way under-proportion compared to the shoulders. No pants fit him well.
      -Extremely tight stringing.

-Yes, but not an SD size. I think I'm going to try an MSD next time. I think the MSD boy hips are better proportioned.

Photo:

[​IMG]

7. * What did you order?
      1/6 blank Linna with default wig in pink skin

* When did you order?
      December 1st through Alice's Collection. I ordered her, another doll and a bunch of clothes so my wait
      time might be a bit off.

Oh yes! She was bought during a Christmas event but I'd gladly pay full price for her.

Her default wig is of much nicer quality than shown.
      The doll itself looks exactly like the company photos.
      I didn't actually expect her to come with default eyes but she did and they are really nice.

I'm very satisfied with the doll, wig and eyes.

Positives:
      She was strung well enough to stand and pose out of box.
      She poses pretty well.
      The default wig actually fits and is cut and styled as shown in photos.
      She came with pink glass eyes shown in pix, they were in a baggy next to her in the box.
      She came with a nice face mask even though she was blank.
      The resin is nice and smooth but not shiny.
      Her fingers are all separated except for one that slightly crosses another, I'm pretty surprised the company did this.
      Negatives:
      She had a small black dot on her nose but that may have been caused by some of the clothes that were packed with her.
      Her wrist balls are a bit thin but I doubt this will ever become a problem.

I'm already thinking about ordering another tiny and ordering a few sets of the optional hands offered by this company.

8. * What did you order?
      Sweet 1/4 Hugh Doll, White skin, no faceup

* When did you order?
      October 18th, 2014
      I think so! He was also on sale, so it was a good bonus! (though now he's even more on sale from the christmas promotion and comes with a free faceup </3)
      Yes and no. He had no profiled pictures, and his nose looked like it'd be a cute button nose, which it was not.
      Aside for the nose thing, which was my own fault for not looking up owner pictures, very much so, I love him <3

He balances very well and poses decently with no restringing or sueding done on him. Downsides are he's a little disproportional looking head to body wise, and he will most likely need some sueding once he's blushed.

I may think about getting an SD, but I will probably end up with a baby sized one. :3nodding:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

(I was showing his posing/balancing to a friend <3 as dangerous as it sounds, I even shook the table he was on, he didn't even budge or falter!!)

9. * What did you order?
      I ordered their 58cm Ruoyi as a fullset from Alice Collections

* When did you order?
      early October-ish

She's a bit stiff to pose and the dress was DEFINITELY not worth the price I paid so I don't think she was worth quite what I paid for her.

Her faceup looked way more vibrant on the sales pics, and the blush has been applied unevenly. The sales pictures didn't even show what shoes she came with and the dress looks awful in person.

I really wish I didn't get her fullset, but other than that I love her. She's a beautiful doll, just the clothes really let her down. I'll eventually get her faceup redone though.

Possibly. I'd only get a fullset again if I saw it in person though, or really good owner pics.

10. * What did you order? I ordered a YOSD Youyou from Alice Collection~

* When did you order? I ordered her on the 12 September 2014, together with a few clothes ^^ She came a month or so later ^^

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Hmmm~ I have a bit of a problem with her. Her lashes fell off when I tried to change her eyes. On the first day I got her moreover :(

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes! But I think she looks more dolly like in real life ^^But she is super duper cute!

* Were you satisfied with the product? She stained quite easily but yes ^^ I'm satisfied and her default wig is really smooth!! ^^

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Negative part will just be the lashes and positive will probably be how smooth her resin feels!~

* Would you buy more from this company? Hmmm~ Maybe not unless they have a sculpt I really really like ^^

11. * What did you order?
      DollLove 1/4 Cecelia Head

* When did you order?
      24th of Januray from Dollonline2009 on ebay came 22nd of February

For the price she is excellent! Her sculpt is really nice and her resin is nice and smooth.

Yep she looks exactly like the blank head image the seller used (except my girl has white skin)

Very satisfied!

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product

Pros
      Smooth resin
      Head cap magnets are really well glued in
      The sculpt is really nice the ears are my favorite bit
      Really nice fangs

Con's
      The inside of the head is rough so eye putty sticks like crazy!

Absolutely if I saw another sculpt I like

12. * What did you order? Doll Love Sweet Kaja
      * When did you order? December 2013
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Better! Good quality for a very low price.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Precisely
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very. He's definitely one of my favorites.

Positive:
      -Stable stander
      -Lovely, smooth resin
      -Well-proportioned

Negative:
      -Head is floppy.

* Would you buy more from this company? I certainly would if they got a new sculpt that I like.

[​IMG]

13. * What did you order? DollLove May with heel feet and company faceup

* When did you order?
      January 24 and received on May 28. I order it close to their New Year celebration so it took quite a bit longer.

It was, her resin was soft and she had a super cute body, the faceup wasn't the greatest but it was free so I cannot complain!

It did. She was just as cute as in the pictures <3!

I was. She was beautiful although she wasn't a very good poser I bought her because I liked how she looked not because of her ability to pose, so over all I got what I paid for.

Positive:
      Cute sculpt, she is lovely.
      her body shape is adorable.
      She is very slim and was able to fit longer minifee clothes
      The white resin is extremely pale which makes it easy to identify if you want to do a hybrid.

Negative:
      Not a very good poser.
      Her feet are very small so generic bjd msd shoes are a bit too big on her.

If I can find another sculpt I like from them, then yes, although I would probably be more interested in hybrids with this company.

14. * What did you order?
      Doll-Love Alina, pink skin and company face-up.

* When did you order?
      February 2016.

Yes, she's a darling and the price was acceptable. Especially since I somehow managed to order her during the last days of seasonal event.

Actually, she looks better in person.

Yes. She was a great choice for a first doll.

Positives:
      - I got her pretty fast.
      - She's extremely cute. She looks like everything good and pure in this world!
      - Nicely proportioned body.
      - The resin is smooth, seamless and matte (a good thing in my opinion).
      - She can stand and she doesn't lean while in sitting position.
      Negatives:
      - The face-up is very subtle, but little piece seemed to... peel off from lips?
      However, it was free and I'm planning to eventually repaint her anyway, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Yes.

15. * What did you order? Brian doll with clothes and face-up

* When did you order? April 28 2016

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, the face-up wasn't as stark as the pictures, but I like it better that way.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes

Positives: Beautiful face-up work, poses well, stands up on his own, no scratches or dents.

Negatives: Strung too tightly, head doesn't lean back like I'd hoped it would. The eye wells were a little deeper than I'd anticipated, and even working with tools the putty was giving me fits.

* Would you buy more from this company? Absolutely

[​IMG]

16. * What did you order?
      Doll Love Zozo
      * When did you order?
      July 2016
      yes! He's perfect!
      I think he looked way better in real than in sales picture..
      Absolutely!
      He poses really well amd he's so cute! Juat that his headcap kinda loose.. Weak magnet for sure..
      Yes! Im gonna get girl next!

17. * What did you order? DollLove You You 2 (1/6), stock wig, shoes and company faceup, from Alice's Collection

* When did you order?
      August 2 and received on Oct 20.

Yes!! She was cute, the company faceup is beautiful and better than shown in pictures! She stands greatly, very stable, but her arms don't bend close to her body. But she was perfect for the price I've paid for her, and got free faceup and free shipping, so I felt very happy.

She is cuter than in the pictures! But the stock wig doesn't look like the pictures, the bangs were different. The wig needs to be trimmed and styled.

Yes! She is so cute!

Positive:
      Cute sculpt, she is lovely.
      She stands easily on her on.
      The company faceup is more beutiful than shown in pictures

Negative:
      The normal pink resin is paler than I expected
      The stock wig does not look like the one on the pictures

Yes If I find other dolls I like!

#17 Jordana, Jan 22, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    18. * What did you order?
      1/6 Doll Youyou

* When did you order?

Yes

Yes, but I prefer custom face up

Yes

Positive: cheap, cute
      Negative: the tension of the string is too tight

No, only if they have new sculpt that I like

19. * What did you order?
      Evol, 44cm Doll Love Girl, with white skin, through eBay seller dollonline2009

* When did you order?
      6/20/2017, arrived 8/17/17

Yes.

Very close (I got a different skin color than the sales picture, so it does have differences).

I didn't like her face as much as I thought I would, but I have no complaints about quality or any problems.

Her head is a bit bigger than most dolls this size.
      I bought from dollonline2009 after doing research on this forum to confirm their authenticity. I wasn't able to pin it down for sure, but I also couldn't find enough evidence to condemn them. I found the communication to be quick and the seller helpful. The doll arrived in an authentic Doll Love box with a little certificate, so she isn't a recast.
      I was happy with the order and would consider ordering from them again.

I am not against it, but I don't feel the strong urge to do so.

20. * What did you order?
      Doll Love Kaja, 1/4 size.

* When did you order?
      In June of 2014, through MintOnCard.

Absolutely!! He honestly is even better than the price, though I am not about to complain that they're a more affordable company. <3

In my opinion, it looks better than the sales photos.

Very! He's an absolutely delightful first doll.

The look and posing of the body are really good. He has cute little fangs that stick over his lips~! He has a habit of wanting to cross his ankles when he's sitting down and he also likes to hold one of his arms, but he's easy to adjust and that could just be a quirk of mine's stringing. (One I don't mind. I think it gives him more personality)

If they had a face sculpt I was fond of, then I definitely would. I love the how the body looks and poses.