1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Peddlar Feedback (ALL)

Oct 26, 2007

1. I ordered a Peaks Wood Hucky girl last week on Wednesday after spending a lot of time talking to both Judy and Kelly about my options. They were patient and helpful. I had my doll, Dollheart outfit, Monique wig, and Dollheart shoes on Friday! Everything was perfect! I just put another order in this week for a Peaks Wood MSD Mori with Dollheart outfit, Monique wig, and shoes. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. Again, they helped me so patiently and kindly by phone and by email. Payment was easy with Paypal.

2. Doll Peddlar
      * What did you order? MSD Fukubukuro bag
      * When did you order? Mid May 2014
      * How was the communication? Seemed good to me
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, credit card
      * How long did it take to ship? June 3
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? All but one item were in good condition. The DollHeart coat quality n the Fukubukuro selection was poor (two very prominant tears in the faux leather lapels), so I contacted them and they wrote back the same day. Still waiting to see about replacement.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? n/a Fukubukuro bags are supposed to be a surprise :)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? It was smaller than I expected for the price and the coat was in poor condition.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? We are still working on it with them. I'll send you an update once they write back with a solution.
      * Would you order from this company again? Depends on how they solve this problem.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? n/a

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

3. I am happy to report that The Doll Peddlar was super nice and responded to me right away with apologies and I received my replacement coat (and a gift pair of glass eyes) on Saturday, June 14th - just days after I reported the damage. Very friendly and very fast service! Will use them again. Thank you Doll Peddlar! :)

4. * What did you order?
      Two pairs of Oscar Doll eyes.

* When did you order?
      Middle of June, though I finally came to a resolution today. (July)

* How was the communication?
      Pretty good despite having an order that unfortunately went sour. Will elaborate more later in this post.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, I paid through PayPal.

* How long did it take to ship?
      Quick, however my package had to ship out twice because I received defective eyes and was missing the other pair that I orders.
      USPS is quite unreliable and lost my package in the end and I can't blame DollPeddlar for that.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Not really. Read in my next section.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      No. The pictures were quite dark, blurry and grainy so I took a leap of faith while ordering these eyes. The one pair of eyes that I did receive were defective with a deep scratch in the iris.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      No. Because I ordered two pairs of eyes and only received one; the pair of eyes that I received were scratched.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I emailed them about my missing pair of eyes and the defective eyes that I received in my package. They responded very quickly to have my recheck my package to see if it was hidden inside of the packing material. It wasn't. I took pictures of the defects on the pair of eyes that I did receive and they told me that I could exchange the eyes and also receive a replacement pair since they didn't include the other pair of eyes that I didn't receive. I was okay with that and I chose the eyes that I would like to have to replace my first order. I then returned the defective eyes that I received and they arrived safely back at DollPeddlar. After that they sent me my replacements -- I was waiting for the package to arrive and checked the tracking. On July 3rd they said that they were delivered, and I had not received any packages at my residence that day. I emailed DollPeddlar again and they said that it should have been delivered and that I should check my property again to try to find my package. Nope. It wasn't there. I had been home at the time of delivery, so this was exceptionally perplexing. Upon checking the tracking again it was probably sent to the wrong address since my zip code is 9***5 and it was delivered to 9***3. Got in a little argument with Kelly saying that my address didn't work/didn't exist and that they couldn't make a label with my address. They said that they would try to get USPS to retrieve the package from the incorrect address a week ago. I just received a full refund for my order this morning since USPS wasn't able to retrieve my package from the incorrect address.

* Would you order from this company again?
      Probably not, this ordeal was not really worth it for two pairs of eyes.... I'm a little sad because I really wanted more Oscar Doll eyes to add to my collection.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Maybe.

5. After not getting Souldoll's Robb, I was wishing that I had. I saw where The Doll Peddlar had him, and I called to see what they could tell me about the doll. They keep the dolls boxed, but do check to make sure all the parts are there. Anyhow, long story short, I bought him and he is gorgeous!! I asked that they ship him Priority/ full insurance and all went very smoothly. I am so happy with Robb, Souldoll, and the Doll Peddlar.

Added: They sent a gift. How cool is that? I would recommend them.

6. Ordered a Dollsbe (Dolls Be With You) Carrot from them.

Order arrived today via UPS. Carrot was not inside her Dollsbe box. Instead, I found a Migidoll and another YOSD.

Called them to let them know. They are going to send out another Carrot and a reurn shipping lable for the 2 that did arrive.

Apparently, they have been "looking for them." And... they don't check your doll prior to shipping.

7. * What did you order?
      Lati Yellow Cookie (basic fullset)

* When did you order?
      03 December 2014

Communication was always fast, friendly, and helpful.

Very easy, I paid through PayPal.

The doll shipped on December 10th due to the Doll Peddlar being away at a doll show.
      Not a big deal and I understood!

Yes, and they even sent me a gift!

Pretty much. Her eyelashes were a little crushed but I plan to replace them anyway.

Yes, and although I had one problem, it was easily and quickly resolved.

* How did the company solve your problem?
      I messaged The Doll Peddlar and let them know that my order was missing the additional Lati Yellow hands. They apologized and sent them out almost immediately at no extra charge to me.

Yes. My mother and I are actually repeat customers, and considering their customer service was excellent when they made a mistake, I think we will continue to be. (:

N/A

8. I found an archived thread, but not an active one for this company so I thought it would be alright for me to start a new one for Doll Peddlar.

* What did you order? Two Dollheart dress sets for SD10/13. LD-509 Alice Dream Red Version and LD-298 Destiny of the Broken Vow Promise Outfit
      * When did you order? On February 12, 2015
      * How was the communication? Excellent. I received order and shipping confirmations immediately.
      * How easy was it to pay? I used Paypal so it was super easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? Not long at all. Received both items in excellent condition on February 14, 2015
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? Not applicable
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely! They are very professional, and well organized.

9. * What did you order?
      Dollheart LD-298 Destiny of the Broken Vow Promise Outfit for SD 10/13 and Dollheart LD-509 Alice Dream Red Version for SD 10/13

* When did you order?
      On February 12, 2015

Excellent. Received both the order confirmation and the shipping information the same day I ordered these outfits.

Super easy. I used Paypal.

Not long at all. I received them on February 14, 2015.

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      No.

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      Not applicable here. My order came in excellent condition.

Absolutely. Doll Peddlar is very professional and well organized. I am very happy with the service.

10. Doll Peddlar
      * What did you order?
      1st order: Jollyplus Christy Stone Murray doll
      2nd order: 2 Dollheart wigs
      * When did you order? December 2014, wigs came before the doll
      * How was the communication? Staff are nice. Very friendly.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easily with Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Ordered the doll on a Saturday, they shipped it on Tuesday morning, got the doll by Monday
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Doll was a bit expensive but it is limited to only 40 and no other store had it for sale
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They did tell me they were charging less shipping for the wigs but they did end up charging me the same $14 shipping. I did not bother calling them about it. I just let it slide.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes. They have a lot of stuff that are not available anymore and you don't have to wait a long time. You just have to be mindful of the shipping charges, though.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Sure, if I really like the item and if it is out of stock with other stores.

11. * What did you order? Oscar doll eyes
      * When did you order? Feb 2015
      * How was the communication? less then 24 hours to respond to all emails.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy to pay though they expect you to find on their website their policies in regards to cost of shipping explanations etc. and their website is *not* the easiest to navigate. (They put a "hold" for more then the amount they charge for shipping, and then later on they only run it for the amount thats actually due)
      * How long did it take to ship? Just a few days iirc - pretty quick.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Possibly.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Not at all. Looked much better even though it was defective. My main complaint with them is their website - it is horrible. The sales photos are blurry, and many of their items like wigs are all the same pic - with just a generic color descriptor like strawberry blonde. So if you really want to know what that wig looks like, you have to google that comp/wig and find it yourself which can take quite a bit of time. They also don't really write descriptions about the product - I ordered Oscar eyes on a nervous whim and couldn't tell by the photos that a) there is a jewel glued to the outside and b) the pupil was not a solid thing, it was like a snow-globe and the contents shifted around etc. If they had added these to the description that could really influence people (in both ways) as to buying or not.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Not at first. My first set of eyes arrived and the outside jewel promptly fell off - first off of one eye, and then the next day, I picked the doll up from his box and saw the second eye had lost it as well. From just sitting there. The replacement I finally got has not had this problem.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They offered to replace it promptly, and contacted Oscar about the issue and questions I had. It was a bit confusing figuring out what to replace the eyes with - since at least three eyes that I wanted that were listed as for sale on their website were either already sold or they discovered were damaged when they pulled it out to send to me. I don't know if this is a common issue with Oscar Eyes (disappointing to think so) or if they have storage issues or what... I do find the lack of up to date web info to be pretty unprofessional, though every person I emailed back and forth with was completely kind and awesome to work with.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, I think because of the way they handled the issue, I will give them another try. I hope they are able to update their inventory to accurately reflect their stock soon. If it continues to be a problem when I next want to order, I doubt I will try a third time.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand sure

12. * What did you order?
      Glass Round Eyes (Seafoam) 10mm (EXB-06/10)
      Glass Round Eyes (Light Brown) 10mm (EB-24/10)
      * When did you order? 02-23-2015
      * How was the communication? Excellent. I received many updates letting me know exactly what was going on with my order.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy. I paid with paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? 4 days. Shipped on 02-27-2015
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely. Both pairs of eyes are exquisite quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes they looked exactly like the sales photos.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes completely.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

13. * What did you order? Unidoll UH-08 Elf Bliss Limited Edition
      * When did you order?
      February 2nd, 2015
      Prompt, excellent, and very friendly.
      A little difficult at first- the automated cart was not functioning at full capacity, and would not permit me to select options. But with a simple email, the order was placed, and all issues resolved. They sent me direct Paypal invoices; smooth sailing prevailed.
      My layaway was payed off over a weekend, so they shipped on a Monday.
      Very- I am thoroughly impressed by Unidoll now that I own one in person.
      Spot on, except for the wig which was much darker in person. However, Doll Peddlar made a point of noting this right in the description, so I was not taken by surprise.
      Very- my itch to own more Unidoll resin has only increased now.
      N/A
      As Unidoll is defunct, no, but from Doll Peddlar? Definitely- I am thrilled with their service.
      I am looking into it as you read this review. :)

14. * What did you order?
      A Souldoll Zenith sized outfit and shoes in one order and Zenith sized shoes and boots
      * When did you order? January 2015 and April 28, 2015
      * How was the communication? Excellent. Shipping updates were excellent and Judy responded within hours when I emailed her about a problem with the shoes
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy. I paid with paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? 2 days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The heeled Zenith shoes did not fit the Zenith foot as the front strap was not wide enough and the heels were short for the heeled feet. The other Souldoll shoes and outfit were wonderful.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes they looked exactly like the sales photos.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes except for the shoes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Judy did LMK that the heels were short fitting and said I could return them. However, they fit my Feeble 65 girl very well so I kept the shoes.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

15. * What did you order?
      2x SD13G shirts and a pair of leggings from TTYA

* When did you order?
      October 14, 2015

Fantastic! Judy was so prompt with her replies and was very courteous too!

Easy; via Paypal.

Believe it or not, they shipped my items 2 hours after I placed my order(It was during 5am in my time and I had a bad case of sleep deprivation). I chose Priority Shipping and my package came in the mail 2 days later.

TTYA makes great clothing, and I'm glad Doll Peddlar carried some of their items so I wouldn't have to suffer using Registered Mail again.

Yup, as expected from TTYA.

Both satisfied with my purchase and the shop.

n/a

Yes! I've been wanting to get a pair of Oscar Eyes from them...

n/a

16. Their website can be problematic, particularly the search engine, but overall I've had no problems with TDP and I shop there at least a couple of times a year. They can be pricey compared to other doll stores which keeps me from spending as much there but sometimes they do have good sales and I indulge. One thing I do like is most of the time the item I want to buy is in stock. I'm not ordering and waiting for items that may take months to get there...

17. * What did you order?
      2 pairs of Oscardoll eyes.

* When did you order?
      15 November 2015

The communication was okay. When I emailed them to ask questions, they reply within a day, which is good. However, I had a bit of problems trying to understand the email about shipping because the website said that The Doll Peddlar would contact me by email about shipping but I did not get any email notification. When I asked, the representative said I did receive the "email", which they later corrected by saying they had referred to any correspondance from the website as "email".

Very easy. I used Paypal express checkout. (Also a heads up to anyone using it, it gives The Doll Peddlar authorization to adjust your shipping fees afterwards without needing you to go through paypal again.)

It shipped on 17 Nov, because they had to confirm if I needed insurance with my shipping via email. Other than that, they were fast with my order. The shipping itself took 10 days (8 working days) because it was Priority Shipping.

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      No. The eyes arrived in a box and in good condition.

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      The only issue I have is that on the website, they never updated my actual shipping, which was more than the $14.95 quoted at first. While the website does state that $14.95 is a flat rate shipping estimate, and is for domestic (USA) shipping, it is never mentioned when you go through the process of ordering. Also, because of how I paid, The Doll Peddlar could charge my new shipping fees (about $30) through Paypal without my realisation. In addition, Paypal also did not send me any email notifications. As such, I only realised the additional shipping I paid when I went back to check my Paypal account. As this is not exactly the issue of Doll Peddlar, although it would help if they have more explicit information with the ordering process rather than on different parts of the website.

I did send an email to ask if the amount I was charged on Paypal was my shipping fees as I was never given any notification (from either the Doll Peddlar or Paypal). And they replied that it is for shipping and they only charge what USPS charges them. I think the company handled it alright, although, as I said, clearer information on the website would be better.

Maybe. The goods arrived well, and with the exception of what I mentioned about shipping and clear/easy to find information, the buying process was satisfactory. They do stock some Oscardoll eyes which are sold out on the original website, which is always a draw for me.

18. * What did you order? Souldoll Robb (Full Set), Souldoll Karin NS, Souldoll Karin Outift, Joelle D. Outfit
      * When did you order? 08/30/15
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dealer
      * How was the communication? Communication was great. I had both phone conversation with Judy and emailed back and forth with Kelly. Both were very nice
      * How easy was it to pay? PayPal, very simple.
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped 12/01/15 24 arrived 12/07/2015 Via UPS
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, given these were all sold-out from the manufacturer, I found the prices reasonable
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Of course.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes. However, I was assuming I would get free wigs with the dolls instead I got a pair of acrylic eyes and a fan.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Probably
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? N/A

19. * What did you order?
      A pair of Oscar eyes
      * When did you order?
      February 1st
      Bad at first! Their emails went to spam so I didn't know if my order went through or not- but by the time I figured out where the emails went they eyes were shipped and they had adjusted my ship cost since they were able to fit my eyes in a cheaper package.
      Easy!
      4 days
      Yup!
      Exactly
      Very much so!
      Already have! Second pair of eyes haven't gotten to me yet

20. * What did you order?
      One pair of Oscar Doll eyes.

* When did you order?
      July 2nd, 2016

Pretty decent. All my e-mails were answered within 24 hours.

PayPal made it simple, but I was really confused about the shipping prices listed on the Doll Peddlar site. They charge a flat rate of $14.95, and a pair of eyes shouldn't cost that much to ship. I e-mailed them asking if the price could be lowered, and got a response saying that the shipping price will be automatically adjusted to $6.50, or if I'd like, I could ask for a cheaper option (USPS First Class) in the comments section of my order. I requested the cheaper option in the comments section, and received an e-mail a few days later notifying me that shipping will be $6.50. I reminded Doll Peddlar that I had requested the cheaper option just as they had instructed, and they e-mailed me back saying that I'd need to forfeit insurance if I went with that option. I immediately replied saying that was fine, and requested for a third time to please switch over to the cheaper option, and they finally did.

A few days, but I ordered from them over a holiday weekend.

No. While Oscar Doll eyes are absolutely stunning, Doll Peddlar charged me $10 more than the eyes are worth. I chose to buy from here because my options were limited.

Yup!

Yes.

N/A

I probably won't be buying overpriced products from them again unless I really want something for whatever reason. Fabric Friends, another local doll store, sells Oscar eyes for their actual sell price and doesn't charge ridiculous amounts for shipping. They actually charge half the price for USPS First Class than Doll Peddlar does. I would have ordered from Fabric Friends, but their Oscar eye selection wasn't as big.

Maybe.