1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll&Sky - Kaxias Head Discussion

Feb 11, 2007

1. Well, the neck circumference is given as 10.5 cm. Wihch is the Dollshe neck. The IP body has a 10 cm neck. A Saint head looks ok on an IP neck, even though there is an "indented" ring around the joining area (which you don't notice unless you look from below), but needs some sort of additional piece (I'm trying to work out what at this point), because the S-hook seats into one position, and the Saint neckhole is already as far back as it can go. Aka, you can't drop his head forward.

But a Hound head is larger, and the positioning of the neck piece makes it jut out too much over the rest of the body. The Kaxias head is said to take an 8-9 wig, so it's probably closer in size to a Hound, and would need the DS body. As far as color goes....

Well, it figures someone would have picked up this mold AFTER I bought one of these heads, bare, for more money off YJ. I'll have to ask my deputy to send it along soon, and try out some match-up tests.

2. There was a thread somewhere around here started about this head a few weeks ago. Here's a link to the Doll&Sky site.

Doesn't he look like a Dollshe Hound/Volks Tony love child? Cute!

3. I love those eyes! They look so lovely...! If only there's a body that goes with it. I wonder what body fits it...?

4. the last picture... when I saw him I thought damn... he looks like Lion a lot...

5. What resin does he match, damn it? He's pretty!

6. Wow! He fits Dollshe body?!
      Yaaay another 70 cm doll! :D

7. His resin is made to match Volks... so would Dollzone work for him? I just read that on the Iplehouse QnA

8. I don't think so. I heard that DZ resins are very light, even for a normal skin. Then again, I could be wrong. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Then there is also the problem of which skin is matches. Does's Volks have a pure skin and something else that also looks like normal skin??

9. DZ resin isn't that light. I'd rate the normal skin as closer to CP normal. A Dollshe head NS looks pale as anything on a DZ body.

IP normal skin is very light and would be closer to Dollshe tones.

10. I see. Well, the problem still remains, and that is which Volks skin he fits... the Pureskin or the normal skin...? If I'm wrong about Volks having 2 skin tones, please correct me.

11. There is an Ebay seller who is offering this head on a dollzone body now. It looks to be in terrible condition, faded and in need of major work. I think it would be a good practice doll.