1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll wishlist

Dec 18, 2010

1. As nearly everyone on here has a wishisht i just wanted to ask a few questions

1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      2.Do you go by acording to your list?
      3. Do you look back on your list to make changes?
      5. if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?

I'd love to know!^^

2. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order? Well I just used to list them by company but now I only have one doll on the list, heh.

2.Do you go by acording to your list? Not always, I tend to be pretty impulsive at times.

3. Do you look back on your list to make changes? Oh yeah. I've lost count of how many times the list has changed.

4. if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want? Well, it usually would depend on which doll I could find first, and the condition of the one I found first, etc.

3. I have changed my list more times than I can count. My tastes tend to change or I find new dolls, companies. Right now my list has been paired down to be realistic but at times I add to it or subtract. It is an on going process.

4. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      No, not at all.

No, it's definitely a wish list, not a plan or budget. I'm not that methodical!

Definitely. From time to time I prune it and add new dolls.Usually about the time I'm adding new dolls I decide to pare it down a bit.
      5. if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?

That's definitely up to chance and opportunity. Whichever one I can get a good deal on first, basically.

5. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?

In order,no,usually I list them randomly.

I don't follow the order and I can be pretty impulsive at times too.

Definitely,I used to love doll A from xxx company and added him into my must-get list,however I kicked him out after few months when I saw another doll which attracted my attention more^^''.....

It depends,if my wallet allows I can just get both together or I'll get whichever I can find first ^_^

6. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      I did. I also used to change the order whenever I found a doll I liked a lot more than who was at the top of the list.

2.Do you go by according to your list?
      Yes and no. I can get pretty impulsive and skip ahead to someone in the middle.

Yes, as a matter of fact, in an effort to gain a bit of self-control I pretty much dropped everyone from the list except for a body for one of my floating heads and a female doll.

I pick the one I can more readily afford if the funds are on hand.

7. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order? They are in random order. :3
      2.Do you go by acording to your list? Nope. The ones i like most from there get choosen. :)
      3. Do you look back on your list to make changes? Sure do, whenever i see a doll i LUUUUV i change my list. :D
      5. if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want? It depends on the price, value and how much i'd love to have it. ^_^

8. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      For the most part I list them in the order I think I'll get them. It's more as a helpful benefit to me rather than to let others see who I'm getting next. I need all the help I can get in keeping focused.

Ha! I try to but it doesn't always work out according to plan. Sometimes I find things not on the top of my list for a good deal and so end up getting them or I add something new to the top and everything gets bumped back. And a few times I've gotten things not even on my list (damn impulse buys really kill me).

Yup. I try to keep adjusting it based on my changing wants. Also I prune it down if it gets unrealistic.

Hm... that usually gets decided by what's most cost effective. However if there's some kind of a deal going on or if something's limited/rare then I'm probably gonna be influenced by that.

9. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?

I used to xD

Not at all LOL

I think I threw the list away :p

I guess my answer will be the same as Isabeau :p

10. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      No not really.

I don't know. I haven't bought anything off it. ^-^

All the time. I constantly compare the ones I have up to each other or to new ones I find. Trying to widdle it down to my top few favorites.

4. If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      I have no idea. At this point in time it's not really feesable for me to even consider a second doll. So I haven't had that problem yet. lol

11. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order? Yes In order by which one i *plan* to get next
      2.Do you go by acording to your list? I try but the marketplace can foil that with a doll I have never planned to get but once seeing it fell in love OR seeing a doll thats further down on my list with a gorgeous face-up or cheaper then the companies website
      3. Do you look back on your list to make changes? All the time. I like to thin it out so i stick to only the sculpts i love
      4. if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want? I choose by whatever one I have built best for a character ie whatever ones character is flushed out the most *or* what one fits best the current doll family I have

12. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      I usually list them in alphabetical order, by the name of the character I hope to get them for. It not only keeps the dolls I want organized, by my characters. Which are then further separated by world, and if the world is big enough, then group or race/species. I have a "master list," which is horribly out of date since I haven't been able to update it in months. But it's definitely a wish list, and not a to-buy list. I have over 150 characters at the last count. I do NOT want to spend that much money on my hobby! >.<"

Nope. Being alphabetical according to character name, it's really difficult. I usually go by what I've promised (to myself or girlfriend), or which doll happens to have my unrequited love at them moment. Which is subject to change at any given moment.

Most definitely. Usually adding... >.>;;

4. If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you can't choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      Flip a coin? No really. If not that, then I pose my dilemma to my girlfriend. She has an ironclad plan for most of her dolls, which I sometimes go along with. We try to get our dolls in couples, since most of our dolls and characters are with each other. Makes things a little easier, and we don't have a random odd man/woman out.

13. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order?

I sort of have two sections for my wishlist - the bjds I know I want and am eventually going to get (the sculpts are subject to change, but their characters are what I want) and the ones that I in-passing think "oh I love him/her, maybe I'll get him/her someday!" So there's vague order there, but otherwise I just sort of lob sculpt names in willy nilly.

Ehhhh not really, I'm still deciding which of my "must haves" I'll get first/complete, so they aren't ordered really, but I might in the future.

Oh, definitely! I'm constantly coming across new sculpts I love, and removing ones I've fallen out of love with. I find it silly to think "oh, now that I like these few dolls I can NEVER change the list," since I'm always changing it around, adding new ones, taking some away, refining it for those I need more than have a passing want for.

I'm having that problem with three at the moment - my in-progress Miho who needs his body, a Bory and an Iplehouse Carina. It's logical to continue to finish my Miho but I want a Bory so badly and have since I first got into bjds. So I'm narrowing it down according to which would be the more logical one to get. A Bory is much much cheaper than the body I have my eye on, and he's MSD size which will let me adjust before I take the leap with the SDs I want. So, at the moment, he might be first.

14. 1.Do you list the dolls you want in order? Only in order of how I find them.
      2.Do you go by according to your list? No more like who is the easiest to get as far as layaway options and ready money.
      3. Do you look back on your list to make changes? Of course, as I discover certain companies didn't work for me I have to remove all who won't work as hoped and replace with ones who will.
      4. If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you can't choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want? The one who can be easily found, and purchased see #2.

15. 1Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      Yes, actually by the Must Haves and the Want

Mostly, and I try not to buy impulsively anymore.

Yes. I do review especially if I am looking at something and I think I HAVE TO HAVE IT! Right now! To make sure I am not forgetting what I really want.

Sometimes it's my own thing, for example, well, I don't have any YO boys, I need one. I try to diversify my collection and not just keep buying the same vampire elves over and over.

16. I don't list them in order and I try very hard to adhere to the list. I have to really, really want them to put them on the list at all. I constantly revise the list as I refine my collection and discover new dolls. The things that alter my plans are special sales, like the Dollshe half-price offer, and announcements that a doll I want is to be discontinued. That moves them to the top of the list. I almost always have a project in mind, so I never have a problem in deciding which one to buy next.

17. ^^ thank you all for answering. Seems like some of you are in the same spot as me xD
      For example: grimgoblin, i've got two options, a supia rosy or a soom saiph boy, but i just can't decide!

I've done mostly what you've all said to be honest; once my wish list was about 15-20 dolls and i had reduced it all the way to eight but now it's gone back up to about 10 =/
      Ugh why do all these doll companies make such nice dolls!:...(

18. 1. Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      I do, they go in order of how I want to bring them home. ^^ I also have a rough time scale of when and how too, and I like it like that. :)

2. Do you go by acording to your list?
      Defenitly yes, because I'm not really in a position to impulse buy. =P But it has to be said, the ones at the bottom of my list are the, "Probably not, but just so I don't forget..." sort of wish. Those ones are the most likely to change.

All the time. I keep on changing it if I find a better doll for the character or just decide I don't like the mold on the list anymore. :)

5. If on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      It sounds miserable, but I look at the two molds with a 'cold eye'. Like I'd sit there and go, from my own opinion, "I don't like that, that seems impractical, is it really that size, etc." and if I want one more than the other after that, then I'd get rid of the one I can say more wrong about. That and there's price, too. *Cough* :P

At first my wish list was quite big, but I've managed to cut it down by a huge amount. And it does change a lot as well. ^^

19. I sympathize with you. I keep thinking that I am done with buying them and then I discover a new and wonderful doll.

20. Do you list the dolls you want in order?
      no. since the order change almost and dolls are kicked out and new ones added EVERY WEEK

Do you go by acording to your list?
      no. I am the master of impulse buy xD I just ordered a tan Ryu. Ryu is a mold i really love, but a tan one... what the hell am i gonna do with him?? xD I still don't really know. but man, gorgeous and so limited. had to have! <3 (anyway I couldn't make up my mind about wich doll to get)

Do you look back on your list to make changes?
      urfff i often forgot to change it. it's mostly in my head ;)

if on your list you want to buy two specific dolls you cant choose from, how do you end up deciding the one you want?
      DAMN though question! xD i still don't know how to answer that... since very often i get doll on the market place, I simply go by the one i can find (or has the best price). or buy something else completely random :D that usually end up with me reselling the doll :sweat