1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollFactory Baby Ari Discussion Part 1

Jun 6, 2008

1. This is a great idea for a thread, dev-nyo! Thank you for starting it. I just got a Jinee today, and I am rather enchanted with her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had some of the Dollfactory animals, but I never really looked at the girls. I'm so glad I did!

Thanks for looking at my first post on DoA. :)

2. My (or rather, Marie's XD) Pinee came in the mail today!!! :D And oh my goodness is she ever TINY!! Until now the smallest doll in the house was a slim MSD, and the last time I saw a dollie this small in person was a couple of years ago at a convention, so I was totally amazed upon opening the box. The first thing I saw in there was her miniscule extra hands, and I think I did a triple-take before continuing. XD

So far I've got just one pic of this cutie (I was just too excited to slow down & take a whole box opening shoot! lol). More will follow soon, though. Her wig & new eyes should be arriving in the next few days, as well as some clothes. <3 Then the next order of business is coming up with her name....

[​IMG]

Marie: Hi, everyone! This girl here is my first very own BJD!! Isn't she cute? I can't wait 'til I get her all completed. Then I can take lots of pics and share them here on DoA, just like all you other awesome dollie owners! I'm so proud! ^_^

Me: ...uh...just what do you mean by your "first" doll?

Marie: ^__^

Me: :|

3. Thanks, Dev-nyo. ^__^ The wig is a size 3/4 I got from the marketplace. It's Obitsu brand, brown, kinda long & wavy with bangs. I got some 8mm green glass eyes coming for her, too. Changing those will be an adventure. I still haven't gotten over just how tiny she really is! Yesterday I got some Kelly dresses for her, and even the size of them threw me. I just started thinking, Marie's hands are so much smaller than mine, it would be a lot easier if she could actually move & dress her own doll. XD

4. Finally got around to getting a new pic now that the little one's clothes & wig have arrived:

[​IMG]

Marie: I found out her name is Holly Chestnut. <3 I'm really happy with her hair, but right now she's just making due with the acrylic eyes because the 8mm glass eyes we ordered for her were suprisingly much too big! Guess we'll have to find some 6mm and try them next. Oh yeah! I'm also having the common "what size shoe?" dilema, but it's not that big a deal since Holly doesn't seem to mind going barefoot...at least for now.

5. i am having the same problem with the shoes T^T i ordered some and they were WAY too big! so i tore them apart cut them down to size an glued them back together! which is ok but not the best. fairyland pukipuki shoes are long enough but not wide enough, blythe shoes are too long but are wide enough! i am at my wits end with it!

6. I like to make shoes for my dolls .But you can try Evi shoes.They are perfect for Baby Ari.
      I like the baskets.

Evi is (for my part) an imitation of Shelly with tons of cheap clothes and dollhouse furniture.
      Simba -made in China,is written on her back.

[​IMG]

7. Oh good! Thanks for the tip, gilou2310! ^__^ I've never seen Evi dolls around here, so I guess it's time to start stalking eBay....

About the extra hands that come with Baby Ari, I'm assuming the doll (or at least the arms I guess) has to be restrung in order to use them? I'm not planning on doing it any time soon (I'm still a little apprehensive at the thought of having to work with such tiny pieces XD), just wondering if anyone else has done it before.

8. ^^ Doh! I was just at the dollar store looking at their toy section for dolly stuff the other day but only glanced at their princess-type dolls and kept walking, since I saw that this time they only had ones with super ugly neon plasticy clothes. XD Next time I should pay more attention to if they have shoes on or not. Cutting them into sandals is a good idea. I tried before just to cut the strap off of a pair of Kelly mary janes to see if they'd fit like flats on my Pinee, but they're just not wide enough.

9. i have re-strung my jinee a few times and it is waaaay easier than it seems! it was even the first time i had ever re-strung a doll and it went fine! and yes you only have to do the arms. i just loved the little graceful hand it is so cute!

10. I got myself a Sunnee and she is just precious! I wasn't too fond of her body in the company photos, but in person she is perfect.

[​IMG]

11. Emmalise, such a beautiful photo!
      I can't find baby ari on dollfactory site... Are they out of production?:(

12. Wow, dollfactory seems to have removed the Baby Aris. I guess in favor of their new Senior line.

13. I asked about Baby Aris on Dollfactory Q&A board, and that's that they answered:
      So wigs are the problem... It's quite strange for me to remove the whole line from the site just because wigs are out of stock. But anyway I'm happy that Baby Aris are available, because I want to order Jinee, but later:) There are couple of dolls before her in my wishlist.

14. Hokay. Here's a slightly less fancy photo of my Sparrow.

[​IMG]

Any suggestions on where to buy shoes for them?

15. Same on the shoes but I was wondering if there was anyone on here that can give my the foot length of these cuties... going to attemp some shoes. I know they are longer than Pukipuki's but shorter than Pukifee's but that's about the extent of my knowledge. I've looked up and down the forms and I can't find the answer, still looking though.
      P.S. also perhaps the shoe width b/c I think they are a bit wider than most tinies.

16. An old thread!!!!
      Baby Ari Pinee is still alive!!!

[​IMG]

#37 gilou2310, Jul 14, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    17. I just bought a tiny Pinee doll on eBay who looks brand new. So adorable. My tiniest bjd. Very complete with box, COA. No yellowing. So sweet!

18. What size wig works? Thanks!