1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollfair Feedback (ALL)

Apr 19, 2008

1. I have to say I agree with you. I ordered my first, and I have to admit, only, Narae March 27. I still haven't received my doll, and would honestly just like my money back. I haven't asked, though, and have just decided to sell her. I don't even want her anymore, and don't want to deal with this company again. I understand a wait, but I'm almost at the 4-month mark, which I don't find okay. The dolls are beautiful, but when is enough, enough??

2. i bought 2 dolls from dollfair

blank open eye tanning Narea
      which C told me that she has stock in store.
      i order her on the 15/11/07 & received her after 8 days!
      everything went so smooth & i was very happy with her...

but

when i order my blank urethane limho mono on the 26/11/07, the nightmare started.
      c told me that he would be ready by late dec or early jan so i waited n waited..
      as time passed when i don't received the doll, i started to emailed her but there's no reply until i start posting my question on DOA then she replied promptly telling me there's shortage of resin in korea blah blah blah...

i finally received mono on the 12/2 but to my horror his cast is in really bad shape (compare to narea)
      skip the body parts which still can be fix but the eye hole, mouth & face plate are uneven all over..
      when i complaint to c which very hard to get her to reply my mail...
      she then explained to me it's normal because i bought the mono without face up so the cast should be rough, i just need to send them myself blah blah blah all the shxt ....

although after many rounds of complains, she finally gave in n ask me to send limho back to her n she'll see "WHETHER" she can fix it!!
      which means no promise at all.

i never sent my boy back to her.. who knows how long do i need to wait for him to be back home again..

i really love dollfair's dolls but i need to think twice before ordering another frm c again.

3. I ordered my Doll on 19 May 2008. She arrived today 30 July 2008.

(That's 8-9 weeks, 4-6 weeks from the time it hit Narindoll) This is totally acceptable to me.

A total of 12 emails have been passed between us. All emails were answered within 48 hours, and there were 4 emails that were sent to keep me up to date with news, and to ask questions rather than assume.

Catrina and Joan have been polite and very helpful.

The doll received was in perfect condition, and had been checked by Dollfair. It was very carefully packaged, and hands were carefully covered in special packaging to ensure that they would get no damage.

The doll came with a default wig and eyes - both of good quality.

In addition, a pair of old knee replacements for the doll I bought from DarkMothFlame were included in the package. They are a good match in colouring, and in perfect condition. They were individually packaged.

I would have no problem in recommending Dollfair to others.

In addition, I would say that the Narae and Narin dolls are the most beautiful that I've ever seen.

Asneth

4. I purchased my first Narin dolls directly from Bimong. The wait was long but he was most kind and sent extra eyes and wigs for my patience.
      I have ordered more faces from dollfair and in the beginning the communication was very good. Catrina was quick to respond.
      My last order (and I do my my LAST order) was for the heart break face with face-up by Kim Kyu Yun. My wait was long ( so were the other waits- but I did't mind that.) What I mind is lack of communication. This time it would take two to three emails before I got a response and not from Catrina.
      Finally, the heartbreak face arrived and the paint was smeared, it was not the heartbreak face, certainly not done by a professional like Kim Kyu Yun and the skin color was not the white of my dolls and other faces. I sent pictures of the face to them, explained the problems and have been put off for 2 months now. I am sending the face to a friend to repaint (which I will pay for) and hope the difference in the white skin is not too noticable. This is my last purchase from dollfair - and I love the Narin dolls - just beautiful but the company (recently sold out, I am told) is not being run well. So sad!
      Great doll, poor management and poor communication.

5. I have never ordered a full doll from Dollfair. But I have ordered a 60cm Mature Narae faceplate, blank, directly from Dollfair. My initial thought was, because I ordered a blank faceplate, it would arrive before the other orders of complete dolls. Well, I received no updates about the status of my order, in fact I wasn't even sure what order number I was in.

I have ordered a painted head from another company, and that was a 2 week wait. I ordered a body from a different company before, and that was something like a ridiculous 8 day order-to-doorstep wait. But my unpainted single faceplate from Dollfair was about a 2-3 month wait. Months...for a blank doll head? Well it wasn't until later that I learned that Catrina waits until every single doll from the order was in from Korea before she ships them out to the customers. So I waited the same amount of time for my single blank head as someone waited for a painted, sanded full doll.

Is the head beautiful? Yes. But do I want to order from Dollfair again? No, but I don't really seem to have a choice since I want a supia in tan. I have since emailed Dollfair questions about the Supia orders, and now there seems to be a customer service rep who is very good at responding to questions. So I will order a Supia, and I anticipate to wait probaby a good 5 months, since that is what the tan limwha order wait time is up to. But if I do decide I want a Narin doll...I'm going to be looking for one second hand.

6. Dollfair Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

7. Hi there,

I would like to share some feedback on Dollfair and Narin as well.

Octobre 23th I received my Narin Charisma from Dollfair.
      I was very happy he arrived, because there is always a very long waiting period for these dolls. But when you order these kind of dolls, you just have to take that into account ;)

But when I opened the box I was very disappointed to find out that the head of my boy was damaged.
      It had quite deep cuts (pits?) in the face around the mouth and on the chin (and some tiny ones above the eyerbrows which I didn't photograph). The damage looked a bit like tiny holes which can occur if you drop something sharp and somewhat heavy (for example a doorkey) on it.
      I am not saying that this happened, but it kinda looks like that. They didn't look like air bubbles which you can sometimes find in resin.

Anyway, you can see it for yourself. Here are some photos of the damage:
      The pics are a bit big, but it was hard to take good photographs with bad light back then. Had to change the contrast a bit.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

The wig was also damaged. Not that it is THAt big of an issue, but we pay for it, right? so we expect a perfect wig to be send together with the doll. Not a wig that has been torned on the inside of the wig cap, and with hair that looks like it has been burned off partly.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

So after receiving my doll I immediately emailed Dollfair about this.
      They kindly replied the same day that they would email Narin about it.
      Three days later (because it was weekend) I received another update (again) that they would contact Korea about it.

After that I waited around 2 weeks (the 16th of november) and questioned them if Narin had send them some information. Dollfair replied that they still didn't hear from Narin (which in my opinion sounds like very bad service from Narin if they don't even reply to their dealers after 2 weeks)...

I emailed again the 19th of december (a month later!), and Dollfair told me now that Narin couldn't open the photos. Which kinda sounds to me like bullsh*t. Can't help it, but we are now two months further and still no real reply from Narin?

I trust Dollfair to be honest about this. In that case Narin is really showing bad service. But it's typical that this is taking so much time.

Actually, even though I have now modded my boy, I still feel I should have gotten a replacement. His chin is different now, and it's just not done to pay so much for your doll and then get a damaged head. I want my doll to look like the mold I bought, not a mold I had to mod quite heavily in order to get rid of the damage. His chin is a bit too round now.

I will post updates about this issue. Hopefully Narin will be kind enough to reply.

Annother feedback on Dollfair:
      I ordered another doll with Dollfair for a friend of mine. A Supia Rosa.
      She was ordered the 20th of octobre. Dollfair let me know that she would last minute be part of the current pre-order.
      So I waited, and the 5th of december (almost 1,5 months later) I asked them if there was any news about the order.
      Dollfair apologized and now told me that the doll was not part of this pre-order. So she will be hopefully part of the next pre-order.

I think they should at least have emailed about this, instead of only replying when I email them about the order status. I don't mind waiting, but I do mind when information is not provided.

I find communication a bit hard with Dollfair. Especially if it comes to updating. They only reply when you ask them something. Of course it is a good thing that they reply fast, but they lack in telling people the information which they always promise to provide when they know more.
      It's a standard scentence they use in emails:
      As soon as we receive any information, we will notify you.
      But they've never done that so far. This is my third order with them, and it has been like this with every order until now.

Will keep you updated :)

8. 11/4/08:
      I ordered a Narin head with custom face up from Dollfair. This order was promised to arrive by Christmas and was supposed to be a Christmas gift. The head did arrived on 12/19/08, but I received a blank head not the custom face up I had requested and paid for.

I immediately emailed Dollfair about this on 12/19/08 and was told that they would contact Narin Co. in Korea for me. They apologized and said they would handle it and expected to have a reply in a few days. Eleven days later, after hearing nothing, I emailed Dollfair again and on 12/30/08 Dollfair replied telling me Narin Co. took time off due to the holidays but they expected to hear from them that day. Later I was asked to send photos of the blank head that I received. I did so and was told on 1/2/09 they would be forwarded to Narin Co. in Korea. I was told Narin Co. would send me the head with face up I ordered and paid for. But then I never heard back from Dollfair. I was left hanging, wondering if Narin Co. was indeed going to send the head or not. What did they say about the photos? I don't know and was never told.

No head arrived. I was never told how long it would take if they were going to replace it. So again on 1/25/09 I had to email Dollfair to find out about the head. I was told that they had just received an email from Narin Co. that possibly mentioned the word "head" but it needed to be sent to the translator. After that I never heard back from them. It's been a week now and nothing.

I have tried to be patient and understanding throughout this process but I feel like Dollfair has been very unfair to me! It's not good business to say you will have a reply then never contact the buyer. That's how this process has gone. Dollfair tells me they will handle things and as soon as they hear anything they will keep me updated but then they never do. So I am once again forced to email them to find out what is happening. Joan has been very good in replying to my emails and always polite and apologetic but I feel like nothing happens unless I initiate contact.

In fact, I was never told for certain that I would get the new head. I was left to assume so, but then when so much time has gone by with no communication it leaves me wondering and uncertain about the outcome.

I understand that some things are out of Dollfair's control but communication with customers is not. I feel this is bad service to be left hanging so often. I'm waiting on the final resolution of this error and will update this post when that happens.

Edited update:

2/17/09:
      I received this group email sent to those who were in order #76 the one sent in well after my original order #75, which means that no priority was given to fixing their error in sending me a head without the face up I'd ordered and paid for in Nov. '08:

"This notice is to inform you that we received word from Narin in Korea that they are finishing the facepainting this week. Then the group order will be shipped to us in Ohio for repackaging next week. We all apologize for the delay. We will email you with tracking information. Thank you for your business and your patience. Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience."

2/28/09:
      The Narin head arrived to me directly from Korea, no tracking number sent. The head arrived with poorly applied eyelashes and a nice but very basic face up, not the #30 face up with sight modification that I ordered. He had no Narin Co. ID plate on the back of his head and no tooth part. I emailed Dollfair to ask if the missing tooth part was normal. At that point I hadn't noticed the missing ID plate and decided it wasn't worth the trouble getting one or a new head back! I received a reply that Dollfair would send a tooth part, no response on whether it was normal for Narin Co. to send a replacement without one.

3/9/09:
      Tooth part arrives. It is intact and I'm very happy to have it but it does look like a used part, with slight rub to paint and definitely used putty surrounding it, but useable.

From start/paying to complete finish/arrival of all parts, it took 4 months. Unacceptable to me.

On both counts: For the doll, yes. For the face up, definitely not.

No.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

Yes, they are beautiful dolls.

9. I said I would keep people update about my story with Dollfair:

This was from an earlier post of 12-29-2008:

Update - februari 5-2009

After posting this I quickly received answer from Dollfair that they had a response from Narin, and that they will send me a new head and wig for my boy. I was really happy about this of course ^^. I have mailed Df and asked when the head and wig would be send, and of course they didn't know and that Narin was working on it. That was januari 8th. It's already february now and still nothing of course.

Also haven't heard back about the Supia order yet. Only thing told was that she would be part of the next pre-order and would probably be ready around the end of january. Still nothing on that subject. Will mail them again. The doll was ordered back in october.

But there are also positive things about Dollfair that I need to mention. ;)
      A while ago I asked them if I could order a limwha teeht part because I lost one and they said they would ask Limwha about it. I created a temp teethpart for the time being and alsmost had forgotten about it, but then I suddenly got an email that the teethpart was there. We negociated about the shipping price, and they were very flexible.It has been send now. So this is great service of course.

Update - 7th of februari:
      A day after posting this I have actually received an update from Dollfair about the Supia doll. She will be completed around the third week of february and send shortly after. I am very happy with this information. Thnx Joan :)

10. Dear Nancy,
      My heart is literally beating like crazy. I do not understand your posts. Here is a copy of one the emails I have sent you that you have attached answers to, so I'm assuming you read them:

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:19:32 -0600
      To: *****@**********
      Subject: Fwd: RE: OnlineOrder_00002762 shipping update
      Dear Nancy, We have just heard back from Narin and they apologize for this mistake. Please take a photo of the head (front & back) which is blank. We will send it to them, and they will then send you a new painted head. The blank head will be yours to keep as an apology for this mistake. Again, we apologize for the oversight, and are working hard to fix the situation.
      Sincerely,
      Joan
      Customer Service
      Dollfair International

In no way do I want to sound disrespectful but we do wish you would have emailed us if this was unclear. The head is being created. When Narin sends us the tracking information, we will send it to you. Unfortunately, it does takes several weeks. While I have been answering emails at [email protected] , I have not checked DoA until now. (Catrina is taking some well-deserved time off.) I want to thank the people who have assured you that we will do the right thing. For me, it really is overwhelming to read these things.
      Joan

11. What I was saying is that after I sent the photos I was never assured that a new head was indeed being created or on it's way. I was just told (after I contacted you after hearing nothing for 2 weeks) that there's an untranslated email that possibly mentions a head. It's been another 2 weeks since I emailed about that and I still haven't been told what that email said. How am I to know?

I'm sure it's overwhelming to read these things, it's overwhelming to me too. I email for info, you say you'll find out, nothing gets found out, I get no email reply, I wait another week or two and email again.... and I feel frustrated and confused and have lost patience. If you say the head is 100% certain coming I'll wait until it arrives. I won't email any more. I never meant any disrespect. Is this normal business practice? I honestly don't know. I posted here to see if anyone else had any answers or advice about this situation.

12. * What did you order? Tanned 67cm Limhwa Mano
      * When did you order? November 2008
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? through DollFair
      * How was the communication? Excellent and very helpful
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? I was surprised I received him within 8 weeks.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The quality is great. The price was higher, but I had wanted him for a LONG time.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Very close
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? He came with his face plate off and I was helped to place it back correctly as I had a problem getting it to click. He is fine now.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Would depend on the quality of the item, but I have a Narae all ready second hand

13. * What did you order? Narae 43cm
      * When did you order? My husband ordered October or November 2008
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from Dollfair
      * How was the communication? It left something to be desired. When they did communicate, it was professional and very cordial. They were quick to respond to my husband's and my requests, but slow to keep us informed as to the status of the order. For example the "Order Updates" page remained static, with a early February shipping estimate well into March, with no explanation until well after the original shipping estimate. I recieved official notice that my doll had shipped after the mailman showed up with her at my door.
      * How easy was it to pay? She was a gift--my husband says it was quite simple.
      * How long did it take to ship? From Dollfair, a couple of days. From Korea, a few months.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very.
      * Would you order from this company again? Not around the holidays.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

14. * What did you order? Two Naraes (43 cm)
      * When did you order? 23.01.09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? From Dollfair
      * How was the communication? Fast and friendly
      * How easy was it to pay? Very
      * How long did it take to ship? From ordering 68 days, shipping took 6 days straight from Korea
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely, very much so
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? Maybe, I would definitely need to be more patient myself about the waiting part :)
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

15. * What did you order? Tanned Limhwa Half-elf
      * When did you order? Very end of March during the ordering period.
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dollfair.
      * How was the communication? Excellent. Very prompt with questions!
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy. With paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? 5 days from Korea; production of her was about 6 weeks, so she was on schedule!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely. The faceplate is a little wonky (as it slips off easily), but it's nothing a little silicone tack can't fix.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Definitely. Such a lovely shade of tan too!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! :) Dollfair was nice enough to wrap her entire body up carefully in bubble wrap along with Limhwa's huge pillows, and they even wrapped her box up in a gorgeous metallic wrapping paper with a matching silver-blue bow!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes!

16. * What did you order?

Tan Limhwa To-L

* When did you order?

June 3, 2009

Through Dollfair, a dealer/distributor

Horrible. We went weeks and weeks without any word. We were promised Tracking Numbers within the week then waited two more weeks before hearing it had been delayed. HORRIBLE.

Very Easy

Ages. It was promised 6-8 weeks from ordering, eventually shipped August 21st, 11 weeks after ordering.

Resin was bright orange and not as good as my other dolls, but doll is incredibly handsome.

No, resin was orange.

Yes

I didn't even try.

Heck no. Never.

I would ONLY buy second hand because then you aren't given the runaround about production and shipping.

17. * What did you order?
      A To L in French resin, and a tan Limhwa 57 Eva with a dreaming half elf face-plate and high heeled feet, also in tan.

* When did you order?
      The To L June 1st and the Eva with bits June 8th or 9th.

I ordered through Dollfair, agent of Limhwa.

Very decent and fast. I started to ask questions somewhere in May about order periods and if it was possible to order a dreaming half elf head at the same time as a Limhwa 57 girl. Questions were answered within a few days.
      I made a small error when ordering my girl, but that was also fixed within a day.
      After six weeks I received an email asking questions about the invoice I requested and when I'd be away on vacation so the dolls wouldn't arrive when I was away from home. When the dolls were shipped, I received tracking numbers.
      After I emailed Dollfair about one of my dolls being damaged during shipping, Dollfair offered to order a replacement part within two hours after the first email.

Easy with Paypal, but my browser froze during payment and then I couldn't find an order history with order details and where to send the money to. I ended up placing the same order again, paid that one through the link to paypal and then cancelled the first order.

10 weeks and 2 days after the order was sent to the Limhwa artist. Last time I ordered a Limhwa doll it was 11 weeks, so nothing unexpected here.

Yes.

Yes, although the tan colour is darker than on the pictures from the website. I don't mind, because it's 100 times better than the orange tan other people who ordered in the same period got.
      I also got a silicone head cap with my To L. I wasn't expecting that. ^_^

The girl doll arrived broken with a chip missing in the upper torso. I've heard that this type of chipping in this part of the doll has happened to other people as well.
      Aside from the damage, I'm happy.

Within two hours after I emailed Dollfair about the damaged Eva, I was told that Dollfair will order a replacement torso next order period.
      I take it will be about 3 months before I get the replacement piece, so maybe I'll update this feedback by then.
      UPDATE:
      The replacement torso arrived a few days ago in a very lovely box (almost after 3 months). Dollfair contacted me to ask details for the customs forms before the item was shippend and emailed me a shipping notice.
      The tan colour of the torso is lighter than the damaged doll and can't really be used as a replacement, but I knew it would be a gamble as resin colour (especially with tan resin) can differ from batch to batch. I've sanded the damaged area of my doll and it looks okay now even without replacing the damaged part. Dollfair handled my complaints fast and professionally and let's just say I got a nice box out of it. ^_^
      I recommend people who order a 57 cm Limhwa girl to ask if the doll can be shipped unstrung or with extra bubblewrap and tape around the torso joint area to avoid similar damage to the torso (as I'm not the first with this problem). The way these dolls are constructed and the rough way packages are handled do not combine that well.

Yes. The dolls are beautiful and I've been helped very well with my questions and problems in a fast and polite manner.

Yes.

18. * What did you order?
      Captiva Briar (a limited Sleetwealth Briar).

* When did you order?
      September 2009.

From Atelier Nouveau at Dollfair.

Excellent. I spoke to Catrina via email throughout the whole transaction, except for once when Joan contacted me regarding clarification of shipping details.

Very easy, I used Paypal.

Five days.

Yes, Briar is a stunning work of art. Catrina also included body blushing free of charge- it was done beautifully, very subtle.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes :daisy

19. :fangirl:I just wanted to say that I received my Briar today, AND SHE IS AWESOME!!! I had Armeleia do the face-up, and it is even better that I could have imagined...I am blown away!!!

Everyone there is friendly, I had great communication with Joan every step of the way...she ROCKS!!!:treecookie I will post pix ASAP...I just have to tell you that I will definitely be a repeat customer, and that they had speedy-fast service, even for this time of year!!! I can't thank them enough, excellent customer service!!!

:hollyberryTHANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Erika

20. Please leave feedback in the following format so as to best inform everyone of how your transaction went with the company. Be as specific as you like, and additional comments are always encouraged.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?