1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollfair Feedback (ALL)

Apr 19, 2008

1. What did you order? Golden Beige Matte Narae 60cm head

When did you order? December 04/2009 and Arrival date of order (defective head received): April 20/2010 As of June 17/2011, no replacement has arrived. Dollfair and I came to an agreement in October 2010, but this will never be fulfilled because they are scammers.

How was the communication? Communication was at times strained due to the lack of updates coming in from Korea. However, Catrina mentioned to me that she had been repeatedly waiting for responses of progress from Korea. Bimong would say everything was in order, and she would relay this to me, but he would only say things would be ready "soon." Narin Creative as an entity was not communicating properly to Dollfair unfortunately as well. Eventually, Dollfair vanished into thin air!

How easy was it to pay? Easy, with a CC.

How long did it take to ship? I have no idea when it was actually shipped because Narin Creative was having managerial issues and was not communicating shipping information to Dollfair. Meanwhile, Dollfair did not have any answers to give to customers during this wait-period due to the level of miscommunication. From the day I ordered to the day the head arrived, it was 93 business days. Narin Creative refused to send the items in the shipments to Dollfair (instead sending them directly to customers) and, as a result, Dollfair was unable to make sure of the quality of the items sent out.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? No! Of the issues: there were scuff marks on the face of the head, resin burrs all over the sides of the faceplate and headback, the resin itself is rough and sandpapery, there are deep depressions in the right side of the face, and the headback looks crudely casted. For comparison, I have a Narin Charisma and an open-eyed Narae (identical to the sculpt I just received) that were casted several years ago, and they do not look like this. They do not have mold defects like the head I had been sent.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? The Golden Beige is actually yellower than described and Narae has been poorly casted. She does not look as a Narae should look.

Were you satisfied with the product? No, with all of the complications I am disappointed. I had been promised a replacement head from Bimong (along with a gift) and this was never sent to me. Months after the lawsuit had ended between Narin Creative and Bimong, I have still not received a replacement. When Bimong opened his new website, I contacted him and he said he remembered my case, that he would not forget, and promised to work on the issue. I contacted Bimong again, but was told through a general message that this was an issue between me and Dollfair (rather than him as the 'manufacturer' despite his promises). I was also told that I should try to resolve this with Dollfair before coming to him. Since Catrina disappeared, I have been relying on Bimong to follow through with the promises made last year.

Update November 10th: Bimong has noted he will send me a gift around the end of December for my troubles and has apologized, but no gift was sent. Update June 17th 2011: None of my e-mails or PMs have been responded to since early November 2010 from Dollfair. Over a year has passed since requesting a replacement in April 2010 without any of this resolved for me. I am continuing to attempt contacting Bimong.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Update June 17th 2011: None of my e-mails or PMs have been responded to since early November 2010 from Dollfair. Over a year has passed since requesting a replacement in April 2010 without any of this resolved for me.

Would you order from this company again? All I wanted was one blank head and here I have been waiting over a year for a replacement head and a year and a half since my initial order. It's frankly insane. I have been involved in this hobby for nearly a decade, but I have never been treated so poorly. Things unfortunately still appear to be up in the air, so all I can do is patiently wait for the chips to fall where they do. Update November 10th: Bimong has noted he will send me a gift around the end of December for my troubles and has apologized, but no gift was sent. Update June 17th 2011: None of my e-mails or PMs have been responded to since early November 2010 from Dollfair. Over a year has passed since requesting a replacement in April 2010 without any of this resolved for me.

[​IMG]

2. * What did you order?
      Left and right arm parts for my Machina as replacement parts.

* When did you order?
      I contacted Dollfair about ordering spare parts on January the 26th. I was given a total for the parts and shipping on March the 31st and that's when I paid.

* How was the communication?
      Communication was very fast. I received replies to my emails within a day telling me to wait one or two weeks for a real answer on my question if I could order spare parts as Dollfair had to check if there were spare parts available. Usually I emailed after two or three weeks as a reminder. I got fast replies on those emails, telling me to wait some more with an explanation why it took so long.
      I was never left hanging and never ignored. It just took a long while, so I suggest other people dealing with Dollfair to have patience and send polite reminders after the "deadlines" they set have passed.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with Paypal

* How long did it take to ship?
      It was shipped within a week.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I was expecting better quality as the Machina dolls are no longer cast by the artist, but by a professional company. At least, that's what I heard. I did get "left over" parts and I didn't pay that much for them. I'm happy I could order spare parts as my Machina is cast by the artist and not bought directly from Dollfair. It was nice of them to offer me the service.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      They don't have pictures of "left over" spare parts. ;)

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes. The arms fit my Machina and I can finally put her together again and play with her. I even got new hands, while I didn't ask for them.

* Would you order from this company again?
      Yes.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes.

3. I just wanted to start a Dollfair feedback thread, as I need to leave feedback.
      So the generic:
      COMPANY NAME
      * What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

4. Dollfair
      * What did you order? Tan 44cm Limho
      * When did you order? I paid on layaway, but paid him off on February 8th, and the order went out March 1st I believe. He arrived May 12th
      Fast when I was making the payments. But its gotten slow as of late, and that's why I'm posting this before he has arrived. (i hope that's ok) I was told that he was going to ship the week of April 19th. So I was expecting him to be waiting for me when I got back from my honey moon(april 30th). When he wasn't I emailed her again asking if there were delays? May 2nd I was told that he was shipped out already, and they had dispersed tracking numbers that day (May 2nd) But I hadn't received a tracking number at all (I checked both my emails, the junk folders, and paypal), so I requested it, and haven't received an answer. So I've sent another email, and I'm hoping to get a response, because he should have been here by now. I'm not saying I want to leave negative feedback, because when they have communicated they've been nice, but all I want is a tracking number!
      EDIT: 5/6/10: So I got an email from them saying that they haven't even received the doll from limhwa let alone it having been shipped out. So they said they'd have a tracking number soon, but not yet. I dunno, it went from, 'we sent the tracking numbers' to 'oh we haven't received it yet'
      EDIT: 5/11/10: So I have two tracking numbers now? Along with a message saying that he's on his way (as of the 9th) The tracking numbers aren't working though, and he should be arriving tomorrow if he was shipped when they said. So we'll see. They still say 'we were told to expect your package for shipment' Hn.
      as of 5/12/10 he has arrived!
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? I dunno, has he shipped? He shipped monday the 10th, and arrived the 12th.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? To be quite honest I was expecting a little better. I've had limhwa before (second hand). The tan was even no marbling, and in general the gate parts were fine. Save that the face plate doesn't like to stay on (the edges where they meet are rather rough), and the hand seems like it didn't leave the mold very cleanly. It was hard to capture it, but there are three very distinct mold lines on the inside of the hand, and the hand seems a but . . . smooshed? Otherwise I am happy with him, he is beautiful despite those two flaws.
      [​IMG]
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes and no. I think the tan isn't quite as dark as the stock photos, but I didn't expect it to be, as I know tan is hard to do.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? For the most part.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? All they have to do is answer me with a tracking number, so nothing as of yet. I've decided I can live with the flaws, and see no reason to go through the rigormoral of trying to get a replacement hand.
      * Would you order from this company again? I've ordered from them before, and didn't have this issue. So I'm not sure if I would or not. I suppose it depends if they answer this current email, and what condition he's in if he arrives. If he doesn't arrive by wednesday of next week, I imagine no. I don't think I'll get another limhwa which is sad because I would have liked to get a foryou. I really want a neo narae, but I don't know if I want to go through the trouble again to be quite honest. So I'm not sure.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

I just want to state that I'm not trying to slander them or anything, and currently I'd like this considered a nuetral feedback until he's in my possession. I will update this with any current news on the situation, and when he arrives. I'd just like an answer, and a tracking number. I don't want to leave them negative feedback either.

5. * What did you order?

Limhwa To You Sara in tan

* When did you order?

Feb 25th

Very good.

Easy- though Paypal crashed while I attempted to send payment through the Dollfair website, so I requested Dollfair send me an email with their Paypal details. I then waited 24 hours in case my payment had gone through (as I didn't want to pay twice!) and then paid Dollfair direct (not through the website).

Received on May 3rd (approx. 2 months, 2 weeks)

Yes

Yes

Yes, very- the doll is exquisite.

Yes, for a Limhwa product.

Yes :)

6. :DGOT MY SARA TODAY, AND SHE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!!! THIS IS MY SECOND DOLLFAIR EXPERIENCE, AND, LIKE BEFORE, IT WAS FLAWLESS!!! :aheartbeaI LOVE DOLLFAIR, AND LIMHWA:aheartbea!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE HARD WORK THAT SHOWS THROUGH ALL OF HER WONDERFUL DETAILS!!! I WILL BE BACK!!!

* What did you order? Toyou Sara
      * When did you order? 2/14/2010
      * How was the communication? Excellent, kept informed of progress, very impressed!!!
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy with Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Received today, 5/12/2010
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I feel that I got an extremely detailed and GORGEOUS doll for a small price!!!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? She is even more beautiful than pix
      * Were you satisfied with the product? ABSOLUTELY!!!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? I am looking forward to it!!!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? :Dyep!!!

7. Dollfair International: never again.

What did you order?
      Yumi, Elfdoll
      When did you order?
      5/2/2010
      How was the communication? Terrible,
      very very difficult, specially after payment.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy
      How long did it take to ship? 3 weeks.
      1 week without notice from seller after sent the payment and two weeks to came by EMS. Seller didn't sent the item in the agreed conditions.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? No.
      The product was described as Special Yumi,
      limited edition, with facepainting and costumes
      . But it came with only one faceplate, missing opened eye faceplate.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? There wasn't pictures.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Not at all
      . The doll of my dreams became a nightmare. After paid, I was for a week without notice from seller. Now she came missing one face plate and seller do not answer my email.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      They didn't solve.
      Would you order from this company again? NEVER AGAIN!!!

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      No.

8. * What did you order?
      Limhwa ToYou Sara
      * When did you order?
      February 16, 2010
      Not great. Merely adequate.
      Easy

It shipped more or less on time, however the shipping charges ended up being outrageous.

Dollfair posted on April 17th that the order would begin to ship the week of April 18th from Limhwa, but that due to the artist's exhaustion, part of the order would be sent in a bulk shipment to Dollfair. Dollfair informed us that they would send the dolls on to the individual buyers with tracking numbers. We heard nothing for two weeks, then on May 2 Dollfair posted only a repeat of the previous post, that they would be forwarding the dolls to individual buyers. There was no other information.

I eventually received my tracking number May 9. My doll arrived May 12th.

Note that Dollfair saved a considerable amount on postage by combining EMS on all the U.S. shipments, then sending them on via USPS priority. In similar scenarios with a doll this size, combined EMS is about $10 per doll, and Priority postage on my package was less than $8.50 with insurance and Delivery Confirmation. When we originally placed our orders, we paid $50 for EMS direct to each individual, making US customers' overpayment on postage over $30 per doll. No postage refunds were offered by Dollfair. This would be considered unacceptable business practice in another selling venue or from a private seller here on DoA.

Yes.
      Yes.
      Yes.
      No. Never.
      Yes. I would buy Limwha dolls from another source

9. * What did you order?
      Limhwa To You Sara, white skin, with faceup, wig and eyes.

* When did you order?
      February 17, 2010

It was ok. I asked only one question which was answered the day after.

Easy, with Paypal.

It was quite long, but I was expecting this waiting time. I never got any shipping notice or shipping update, except for the information mentioned by The Elf Piper in the last post. She arrived on May 17th.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I've read many bad experiences that others had, so I would be a bit worried to order again. But since my experience was good, I guess I would do it if they have a doll I want.

No, because I don't like buying second-hand.

10. DO NOT BUY FROM DOLLFAIR - THE INTERNATIONAL LIMHWA SITE IS DOLLFAIR AS WELL
      update september 14.2010 - 3 months of waiting, no replays from dollfair for my last 6 mails, last heard from them was august 17. opened a dispute against Dollfair on PayPal. NO DOLL NO TRUCKING NO ANSWERS !!!
      update september 17 - more mails I am sending, NO REPLY
      update september 21 - more mails from me to them, about 8-9 now since august alone, NO REPLY
      update september 22- got a long mail with dozens of explanation on why my mails were not answered, but no answer on when my doll will be shipped, telling me I should be more patient, and how LIMHWA is just an artist who does not understand "service and communication" issues, does that sound real to you? I feel so sorry for those two who can not handle their own business...
      update october 1 - still no news, more mails from me, but they don't answer again.
      update october 6 - still no reply, I see LIMHWA starts a new ordering period, maybe there is hope now?
      update october 17 - still waiting - nothing is happening !!!
      update october 18 - you won't belive it and I don't believe it, she simply arrived last night, without any notice at all- 4.5 months in total more than 30 mails and lots of aggravation !!!

* What did you order?
      LIMHWA to you sara, no face up, no eyes, no wig

* When did you order?
      beginning of june 2010 (I ordered just few days after an ordering period was closed, this is why i was considered "in between periods" but inquired in advance and was told it is OK to do, and it will be shipped with this period, but it was not true - I recommend not to do that stupid mistake).

very bad, I have wrote about 34 mails, I get an answer only after 3-5 mails (about 1-2 weeks for a reply). For the last month I don't get any more answers at all, I wrote to them that I want my money back and I got no response !!!

very - PayPal, I asked PayPal to help me nagotiate with Dollfair, They will step in only if there are few other complaints against Dollfair from other buyers, So please people, if you have a money issue or purchase issue with dollfair, contact PayPal and let them know !!! it is very easy to open a dispute on PayPal if you have a problem, It will show on Dollfair record, and PayPal will have to intervene once there are few complaints against a seller.

I ordered her after I inquired in advance and was promised by dollfair (who got the schedule from the artist) to receive her at the end of July, this is why I have ordered from them. I received her after 4.5 months, which is 2.5 months later than the initial date she was promised, I have waited through two ordering periods.

well, I have good and bad opinion, but since it is a review of a doll by LIMHWA I don't think it has to do with Dollfair, so who ever is interested can read it on the sara toyou thread - here (post no. 1146)

once in about 2 weeks I get a mail saying I should be undestanding to the Artist's situation, how she is doing everything by herself. So it was not resolved yet, and I lost my understanding at this point. I did understand that the problem of delays is from the artist's side, but the delay in communication (or should I say avoiding communication) is from dollfair side. As for the artist, I see that she is always extending her ordering periods, I think if she can not handle all by herself, she should hire help or not take as many orders.

* Would you order from this company again? N E V E R !!!

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, I think all LIMHWA dolls is better to buy not through Dollfair but on the market or eBay, many are sold here that are brand new.

11. I would never order from dollfair again

What did you order?- to you sara white and tan
      * When did you order?- first ordering period
      * How was the communication?- really bad
      * How easy was it to pay?- yes by paypal
      * How long did it take to ship?- 3-4 months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?- it's okay the first toyou doll is better quality
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?- yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product?- relatively, the ankles and such are a bit weak and the jointing could be better but really beautiful sculpt. i had a broken ankle on my tan doll and have been waiting for at least 3-4 months from their scheduled time they claimed they would do. such as the next ordering period and still no news whether i will at least get it or not in this ordering period or not.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?- they cannot handle a business at all. i don't see why they always use the artist as a scapegoat to cover how bad their customer service is. i don't think they should be doing business. talking to the artist herself directly is much quicker than through dollfair. they don't reply to any of my mails.
      * Would you order from this company again?- NEVER
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?- certainly, at least it's much faster and you know what you are getting.

12. edit :
      Catrina can't be trusted, please everybody beware of Dollfair...
      * Would you order from this company again? NEVER

13. * What did you order? Limwha high heeled feet parts
      * When did you order? October 28th 2010
      * How was the communication? Horrid. I ordered from them about two years ago when I bought my half elf and communication was excellent. I emailed them after buying the parts simply to ask if I would be getting them soon or waiting until after an order period. Got an email saying "Please wait for a reply." Sent a few more emails after that, never got anything. Finally got an email saying it was being shipped Monday, got a tracking number Tuesday which never updates (USPS's fault, not theirs) and then they appeared out of no where yesterday.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very, just paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Way too long. 2 odd months for parts, not a doll.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, limwha is always gorgeous
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? I can't rememeber looking at the sales picture, but they are perfect- they are as gorgeous as the normal feet and fit nicely into her new shoes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They didn't but they did a very nice job wrapping everything and wrote a note with the feet which I thought nice of them.
      * Would you order from this company again? If it was my only choice for getting the item. I wouldn't want to be buying a doll from them whilst their communication is like this.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Seeing that they don't make it and all their issues right now are in the communication? Totally.

14. I wish this could be a better story.

* What did you order?
      Neferti head in tan urethane resin, blank.

* When did you order?
      June 8, 2010.

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Dollfair is a dealer.

Minimal at first, but adequate. Then, good for awhile. Then utterly, completely, overwhelmingly ABSENT. The last time I ever heard from her must have been late November or early December. A certified mail letter I sent her was never picked up; she stopped answering from ANY of her emails, of which she has multiple; she didn't pick up phone calls.

Easy enough. I used my card, punched in some numbers, and it was done. Too easy.

It didn't. If the artist HIMSELF had not started his own shop and TAKEN ON MY ORDER FOR FREE, I would not have my doll OR my money back. I cannot stress this enough--my product was NOT produced, NOT delivered, and NOT refunded. I couldn't even do a chargeback with my bank because the date was after 60 days.

I can't really answer this question as Dollfair was not the one who delivered for me in the end.

Same problem as above.

She never came. Not from Dollfair, anyway.

She didn't. The entire time I was waiting for my Neferti, she made excuses about why the shipping was delayed, made up some cockamamy story about how she was having the outstanding orders produced here in the US, gave shipping dates that came and went with no notices, ignored every form of contact I could POSSIBLY have tried with her, especially after I decided this wasn't happening and asked for a refund... I have had to file with fraud agencies over this.

NEVER. And I would caution anyone who actually wants something for the money they spent to feel the same. :/

Yes. The artists she works with make beautiful dolls. I only wish the other artists who have contracts with her would just work for themselves so no one would have to deal with Dollfair ever again.

15. *WARNING* ALERT!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM DOLLFAIR. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR DOLLS/ITEMS. I DID NOT RECEIVE MY HEAD *WARNING*

BUYER BEWARE!!!

THIS "COMPANY" SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN IN BUSINESS. MULTIPLE FRAUD COMPLAINTS FILED AGAINST INCLUDING POLICE REPORTS

COMPANY NAME: Dollfair International/Datatex Media/Catrina Sanders or Severson

* What did you order? Neferti head French tan resin

* When did you order? June 8 2010

* How was the communication? Abysmal. Then non-existant. What communication there was was dishonest in the extreme. Stopped returning emails altogether; there are four different email addresses associated with Dollfair; all were tried, no response. Tried phoning three different numbers; one "no longer in service", one with a full voice mail despite several attempts over several months, one rang out indefinitely. Sent certified letter to supposed correct physical address (the one listed in all her sites, paypal, etc), had it returned. Was given an email address for "Jo Ross" who replied very early on, who then also stopped all response. The early responses that I did get gave excuse after excuse about delays. Never saw any evidence of the head actually existing (no photos, no one receiving item). Said she shipped "half" the orders, but no one ever received one. Was told it was "boxed and ready to ship", but obviously was not.

* How easy was it to pay? Extremely easy... paypal.

* How long did it take to ship? *NEVER* SHIPPED.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Unknown, never received. From Dollfair, anyways... (see below)

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Did Not Receive.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Did Not Receive.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Did NOT solve, did nothing at all, did not ship item, did not make item, did not communicate.

* Would you order from this company again? NO. AND COMPANY SHOULD NOT EXIST.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, the dolls and the artists who actually make them are wonderful.

As a retailer Dollfair is corrupt and fraudulent. I hope more people leave honest feedback about it.

As an addendum, BIMONG, the original artist (Narin Creative) has made these heads and shipped them OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET, HIS OWN MONEY. I received mine FROM HIM today. She is lovely, beautiful and perfect. EXACTLY as shown in sales pics. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the final product, and so happy to have her home after eight months of waiting. But to be clear: BIMONG MADE AND SHIPPED MY NEFERTI OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF HIS HEART AND (in his words) AS THE HONORABLE THING TO DO.

DOLLFAIR/CATRINA DID NOT MAKE THIS HEAD!!!

16. I've been meaning to check on the Dollfair feedback thread for a long time because I ordered 2 pairs of hands last year and I never received them, nor did I get any kind of refund. After sending many emails, including some indignant ones at the end, and she finally replied. Catrina told me that she had been extremely sick and that folks who make the Narae hands had taken all the money from all the doll orders and disappeared. Of course I felt bad that I had sent some reprimanding emails when she was sick and seriously out of money and all I had ordered were two pairs of hands. Now I see that was probably a big fat lie.

So no, I would never buy from this company again. I don't know if Dollfair is still in business or not--I don't see how it could be.