1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollHeart International BJD Fashion Design Competition 2006 - Entry Form

Dec 28, 2005

1. Dear all, (^^

I am pleased to announce that the entry form of DollHeart International BJD Fashion Design Competition 2006 is ready. Please check the info and download the entry form by this link:

http://www.dollheart.com/news/DH2006Competition.pdf .

Abstract about the competition:
      CATEGORIES:
      A) ~60cm Ball Joint Doll
      Theme:
      1.) Apocalypse
      2.) Tarrots
      3.) Love & Peace
      B) ~43cm Ball Joint Doll
      Theme:
      1.) Revolution of school
      2.) Fantasy
      3.) Samurais
      C) ~23cm Ball Joint Doll
      Theme:
      1.) Fairy Tale
      2.) Monster
      3.) Dessert

All entrants can submit totally THREE designs per class among Nine classes.

CLOSING DATE: Entries close at 5:00pm Apr 14th, 2006.

Haute Doll Magazine will co-operate with us for this competition, the Top 3 designs (@class) in round 2 will be posted on DollHeart's Website (www.DollHeart.com) and Haute Doll Magazine (www.HauteDoll.com) and for Public Voting which is counted as 30% score of the competition.

Prize: Winners of each class will get:
      1)1 set of real outfits which is under their designs when the products are launching officially.
      2)Designer's name will also appear on the Designers Section at the same time.
      3)DollHeart will co-operate with them for the further project.

Thank You , Haute Doll Magazine (^^

2. Please let me know if u have any question (^^

3. On all of these, could one design a boy or a girl's outfit? Or are you looking for both?

4. is this illustration of designs only or do we need to sew a prototype for photographing?

PamSD

5. Thank you for your question (^^
      Actually, you can send us both boy and girl or just 1 (Boy or Girl) are also no problem. :)

6. Since we are focusing on the concepts of the designers, thus, just send us the illustration of designs with detailed description are enough :)

7. do you have to be 18 or older to enter?

8. This competition are opened to all ppl with no limitation of age.

9. So to my understanding, you can submit 3 to each category, right? So, altogether you can submit 27 entries.

I'm not doing that but I would like to submit more than one entry ^_^;;

10. ...*ridiculous planning begins* There are others much more talented than me that would benefit from this...

Any preferred medium for submissions? Is computer-coloured work ok, or must they be real media like pencils/paint/marker?

Also, how many submissions to each catagory? If it's three like Miisha asked, that means 9 total for the SD catagory?

Also, am I right in assuming "Tarrots" is Tarot cards? Or am I completely missing something? (I miss things often, as I'm very short and things just float right over my head)

Thank you!

11. Yes, you can submit 27 entries maximum :)

12. Just because Im not sure, is tarrots like Tarot? like the cards? sorry for the silly question.

13. oh wow. this might be quite fun! *^_^* i already have one haute couture rendering that i did for a design class this past semester. now how to incorporate it into the themes. :(

will there perhaps be some examples to clarify theme interpretations? to be exact, how broad to read and the like?

14. hmm.. does "Revolution of school" mean a school uniform or something? >__<;;

15. those of you who are considering entering, you might want to look at past winning entries, and compare them to the "themes" that dollheart gave for them. that should give you a basic idea on how wide the range is.

This is great! I hope to actually try to enter this time!

16. Actually, I like both CG and real media :) So, it does not matter :)
      Yes, the maximum is 9 for SD catalogory. :)

"Tarrots" = Tarot Cards :)

17. Since i don't want to set too much limitation to designers for the theme, thus, designers just let me know what is their concept about out theme by the "description" section is ok :) I want to be a listeners to all designers about their concept :)

18. yay, this sounds like so much fun :D *starts drawing right away* uhm..does the difficulty of the design matter? I usually draw/make really detailed/pretty hard to sew costumes..is that allowed or would it really narrow my chances?

19. I only have one question:

23cm cathegory; which kind of doll is? Petite/Leeke/cutie? Smaller?

20. Ah, I'm so glad you're running this contest again!

Just a question, though:

Does DollHeart lay legal claim to all the designs submitted?

Specifically, if I submit a design that doesn't win, will I still own the design to make myself afterwards should I chose to?

Thank-you very much. ^_^