1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DOLLITS by J Baek

Dec 6, 2014

1. Looking at it, wouldn't SID heads work also? D.A.D is 11.4, nYID boys are 11.3 and SID are 12cm. As SID heads go on the nYID body ok, surely they would go on the DAD body?

If they do and if the normal skin is a good match, I think I will be trying this with a SID Eric head. I want him but I want him taller. I will watch to see what other heads Dollits comes out with too - I like Rey but not sure if I want him or another sculpt. Hmm...

2. but how much of a bobble would you get with .5cm gap? That would be my worry

3. It would be a 3mm gap, since that difference would be distributed evenly around the circumference. That's not too bad! Not perfect for short hair, but definitely workable. Since the bodies are what always stop me from getting any Iple guys, this is an intriguing idea!

4. Do you know, I'm tempted to get his head just to see if it works. I don't have an nYID boy (yet), but from the way Rey's head sits on his original body (the neck bump is visible in some pictures) I'm willing to bet he'd work on the SID, too! If I decide against getting an Iple, that is ... (I was going to go for the event but currency value took a dive so now I'm not so sure any more. What's the point of ordering during an event if the discount gets eaten by the exchange rates anyway?) So depending on the price for the head I might ... might ... yield to temptation.

Does anyone know (yet) if there are more skin tones planned in the long run? Because I'd LOVE them to offer something IH RS-compatible :D

5. Hi, someone knows the measures of D.A.D body?

6. Lovely site design they have - I posted a question on the Q&A, and it has been answered, but I can't access it to view the answer. Every time I attempt to access it, I get the message, "Only read is authorized to Administrator." There's not an option to enter my password for the post so I can read it.

7. ...And that would be why I looked at Rey and thought, "Derp, that looks like Justin! :doh"

I have a stupid question. If this sculptor is starting a new company, does that mean he/she is no longer with Iplehouse?

I do like that body. I have a hybrid planned that I bet would look fantastic with it.

8. Whew! I posted another question on the Q&A board about the access problem, and they fixed the issue. It should be possible to enter passwords and see their answers now. They thanked me for pointing out the access error.

9. That's not a stupid question at all. I've been wondering the same thing ...

So, has anyone ordered Rey yet?

10. Thank you for posting the link, this was really awesome to look at :D
      I would like to see if I could put a SID on the Body ^___^ okay the body is large but not as heavy as a YID so I guess it would be fine for me.

11. Yeah...thanks for the link! I actually like the nYID sculpts but 60cm is too short...now they are a possibility!

12. It's really cool that he did so many comparison shots between Rey and Justin. As usual, I don't think a head for a 70cm doll looks well on a 60cm body because the face is too long, but the Justin head on the DAD body is passable! That bodes well for other heads that are larger than the teeny nYID heads. :)

13. I was in some whack midnight doll-craze late last night and went ahead and ordered the WS version. The body is just so nice, I can imagine him with the whole casual t-shirt - jogging pants hanging off the hips -look. I'm not 100% about the face, I mean it's got potential, but after seeing the comparison with iple head on the body I just can't shake the idea of either Shane or Chris head combined with this body ... Ooh la la!

14. Wow, I really like the engineering of the body, and I appreciate that J Baek took the time to photograph it so thoroughly.

15. I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this guy, if for nothing else then the body - I recall people wishing for a more poseable iplehouse body?
      Anyone else order him yet? I am wondering, because the status of my order has gone to 'queued for shipment', could it really be shipping out so soon? I've got absolutely nothing for a 70cm guy ready at home @_@

16. Agree, loving that ab detail and the mature face is growing on me. I'll look forward to pics of him since my funds aren't near where I'd like them to be T.T

17. ^ There was a Layaway option available, I believe it was 200+shipping in december, 200 in january and 100 in february. ^^

18. My boy shipped!!!! Can't wait.