1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DOLLITS DKD Mini Discussion Thread

Aug 20, 2015

1. @Cydril
      Thank you! And Nami is so adorable, Somi looks fantastic in tan~ Are those little headphones she has?

@Flamingomoon
      That color is so fantastic on her! I wanna go for a sort of chic and modern but kind of "southern belle" look and character for my Miso, so I might have several different styles of wig to go with her outfits. I'm also really happy to hear she poses well! The joints looked really nice from what I could see on the website, but it's great to hear it from someone who's had experience with the body. Thank you!

2. @KiyoshiSenshi Miso is awesome! I had one years ago on the DC spider body (creepiest hybrid ever) and my current one is an eldery crazed witch

[​IMG]

Old pic cause she is bodiless atm xD

3. @Roterwolkenvogel
      She is so incredible! :D I've seen her on Tumblr and here on DoA and she amazes me every time~ Her styling and faceup and everything is just so cool! I really can't wait for my Miso, she's gonna be so much fun. :kitty1

4. Hi all! I don't mean to double post, but I've been looking through this thread and can't find an answer so... Can DKD girls wear Minifee clothes? I know DKD girls are slightly taller, so maybe pants would be too short...but a lot of the clothes I have saved on my wishlist are for MNFs and I was wondering if I was going in the right direction there. Thanks for any help!

#164 KiyoshiSenshi, Jul 1, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    5. My Soohee can wear a lot of minifee clothes especially tops! As long as bottoms have stretchy material then they should fit too. Dresses will be shorter on her and long sleeved tops too but otherwise she shares their clothing pretty well. :)

Example: She can fit into a kalcia's workshop lace top very well (though it's a pain getting it on through her hands >_< wish all dolls have magnetic hands!)
      [​IMG]

6. Thanks so much! That's good to hear, especially since most of the stuff I want to get for Lacey is either stretchy or short as it is. And for long pants/leggings, well...ankle pants are in fashion these days. :XD: And your girl is gorgeous! I love that hair on her~

7. I'll add a few things about clothing for the D.K.D. body. I've collected fashion dolls for years and am finding that my Lizzy (Miso) can fit into quite a few things made for the 16" fashion doll. Now, the arm length will be short, but quite often sleeves can just be pushed up and look fine. Sweaters usually present no problem at all. The measurements of this doll are very close to the measurments for the Wilde Imagination Ellowyne Wilde doll and I've used two patterns made for Ellowyne and they both fit very well. You do have to adjust sleeve/pant length. Shoes have been more difficult. Kemper has a basic black flat for $3 that fits perfectly. I have also bought shoes designed for the Helen Kish 14" dolls and while they are a bit long, you can put cotton in the toe and be just fine. I think that I was surprised that she is slimmer in reality than she was in my mind. For me and my collection, that is a fortunate thing! As for her high heel feet. That is tricky. I've tried the American Model Tonner doll's shoes and they a bit large, but "workable" if you stuff the toe. If anyone finds a 52 cm high heel shoe, I'd love to know about it. Wish she could fit the Smart Doll shoes only because it would be fun to have a doll that owned Jimmy Choo shoes! :lol:

8. White skin - "Item not in stock"?

Hey guys,
      I've been looking for the perfect body for my mellowed DOD Bee-a, and fell in love with the DKD body. After looking at Dollit's resin colour comparisons, I actually think their gentle "White Skin" could actually work!

Problem is, these days the DKD body listing just says "Item out of stock" when you select WS. However, it isn't consistent throughout the store, eg. I can apparently order a Somi WS just fine.

Do any of you know how the availability of skintones with Dollits works? Are all doll parts pre-made or launched with a finite number? Do skintones come back from time to time? I see current pictures of new dolls from Dollits in both NS and WS, so clearly the WS is still around... Is there anyone who can provide any insight?

9. I don't really have an answer. I ordered my Miso in white skin without any problem. My only thought is that J. Beak uses normal skin for most of his photos on the site, so maybe he just doesn't keep the 'body only' in w.s.? Have you tried asking if he would make it?

10. Like Flamingomoon mentioned, I'd email J. Baek and ask about the skintones. He answered my emails quickly and helpfully when I was ordering my Miso! (Also, because of their unusually fast shipping times, I think they keep some dolls in stock, so that might be why they say it's out of stock on the website. If you ask, they could be able to make one but it might take longer? I could be absolutely wrong, but that's my guess.)

11. Thanks a lot for the responses, both of you! I posted in the Q&A a couple days ago but no response yet, so I may try emailing soon.
      I have such bad timing, haha. I've been eyeing the DKD body since last August, but when it finally came time to act, the one I want is 'unavailable' xD

12. It takes him a couple of days to get to the Q&A and I couldn't read my answer on the board because it wouldn't take my password. I never figured that one out. But I'm sure he'll answer an email and I'll bet you can get a white skin body. It is a really nice body, by the way.

13. I finally got Lacey's shipping notice! She should be here sometime next week, hopefully~ And I got some super cute fabrics today. I know I wanna make at least a romper and a pair of high-waisted shorts, but we'll see how it goes. I'm so excited! :kitty1

14. Ahhhh he is amazing! :dance I would not expect any doll company to change an availability status just like that.

The first time I entered by password to read the message, the page didn't try to load and just blamed the server. Then when I refreshed it told me my "approach" was invalid. Then finally I did the whole login thing over and it was fine...

15. @Momiji I am so happy for you!!! I truly think this is a superior doll company.
      @KiyoshiSenshi I cannot wait to meet Lacey! This is so exciting. And I'm looking forward to seeing your fabrics and your fashion creations for the lovely Lacey.

16. Thanks so much! :kitty1 I'm hoping to get her sent away for a faceup almost immediately after getting her, so her headless body will have to be my model for a while...but that's okay! I'm hoping her hair, eyes, and finished head will all be home around the same time, but we'll see!

17. I just wanted to share a new photo of Lizzy (Dollits Miso) with her new Masterpiece eyes in Blue Ice.
      [​IMG]
      The other eyes that I have for her all had a larger pupil and with her 'smiling eye' shape you didn't see the color of the iris very well. It just looked dark. So I looked for ones with a small pupil and I'm very happy with the result.

18. Well... dang. That's a really cool doll; definitely something I don't see a lot and I totally dig it! I wouldn't have thought to make her into a witch but that works perfectly.
      And, unrelated to your lovely witch --

Does Dollits do 'sets' of a number order of dolls, goes sold out, and then brings them back later? Or is it different? I'm just wondering since SooHee looks really cute and I was considering on getting a floating head for one of my dolls... Not sure how the resin comparison would work out, so I've debated on maybe getting one with a head since, well... Then I won't have a floating head and body, in worse case scenario? XD

19. I messaged J Baek when I saw Soohee was out of stock. He told me he was going to stop selling her but had a few left over. I'm not sure if he has any left but it's worth asking. :)

20. She looks so good! I love Misos so much~

I'm planning to get these eyes in 12mm for Lacey, I think they'll be bright enough to be seen with her smiling eyes. And I've got my favorite faceup artist lined up and ready, I know what hair I'm getting...everything is falling into place! Here's a quick snap of her from her box opening (that everyone's probably already seen). I just adore her! :kitty1

[​IMG]
      BoxOpening11 by kiyoshisenshi, on Flickr