1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Banji What Clothes, Wigs and eyes fit?

Jan 26, 2006

1. 4-inch would be way too big. Tinybear makes nice tibetan lamb wigs for Banji. They are much prettier and fuller than the ones Banji comes with. I don't know if she still has a photo of her Banji on her site:
      http://littlebloomers.tripod.com/thesleepingelf/id33.html

And http://www.bjdollarama.com/ still has a number of 3.25 inch wigs that were originally made for Elfdoll. These are a bit loose on Banji but you should be able to stick them in place with something, or just build up the fairly flat back of Banji's skull by sticking on some moleskin or suede.. Note - the ones that work well are the ones with pretty full headcaps (bob, cute little girl, long wig with bangs). The ones with hardly any headcap (like sweet fairy) or with off-balance weight (like ponytail) would probably have to be glued on.

Here are my Banji and Elfdoll Adel trying on wigs from shop4dollsandbears (now bjdollarama):

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=670545&postcount=15

Carolyn

2. Denver Doll Emporium has some for tiny little heads :)

3. I look for size 3 wigs for my Banji girl on eBay, BJDollarama or from Kemper Dolls. I do put double sided tape on her head to keep them stable.

My favorite wig for her is her original mohair wig she came with but it sheds horrendously!

4. I think if you like original mohair wig you should buy a tinybear wig, they are made of fur either, but are nice . You can choose a lot of colours.

5. Thank you all so much for your advice!

I found some three inch wigs at Denver Doll that I hope will fit nicely. I'll post pictures once they arrive.

6. I think the lati yellow original body shoes might fit banji. I havent bought any yet, but the boots look like they might fit her. Any thoughts?? I have a thing about boots and my banji Alice would love a pair

7. Yesterday was a trial for me. I recently received my Banji girl, and I wanted to give her a faceup and a little body blushing. Taking the head off and removing the eyes was the easy part - putting it back together... not so much. :doh

To start, there's some great information here - http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60518

I have a few suggestions to add to this, however.

First, don't remove the headcap. Putting the headcap back on was, by far, the most difficult part of the process. Instead, hold the headcap back with a locking hemostat, or a similar instrument.

Second, use more eye putty than is supplied in your Banji's head. What you'll want to do is get a decent chunk of putty (actually, I used one of those squishy blue erasers from art class - those seems to work fairly well) and place the eyes into the chunk BEFORE putting it into the head. Try to space the eyes appropriately (about the distance between the eyewells) apart. Then, simply push the putty/eye piece into place. Squish some of the excess putty down to keep the eyes from moving, and cut off the excess or unwanted bits.

Hope this helps!

8. i would still be scared to try changing eyes of tinies, but this sounds quite helpful in case i ever have to!
      congrats for succeeding at last, and i look forward to see pics of your finished girl! :D

9. Ugh- they are a bear to change! I have found that if I use the putty to make kind of a stick on the back of the eye I can use it to get the eye into the head and position it- then when it is where I want it I gently mash the putty stick down to hold the eye in that place. Does not always work but usually. I also use a pointy clay tool to slightly nudge the eye from the front if it is off a smidge, If I am lucky and do not push to hard- I can alter the angle a smidge by touching the sides almost inside the head. Toothpick might work too.
      QZ

10. I make a little cone shape out of eye putty , and use a bamboo stick
      out the eye on the thick end of the putty , angle the eye in the direction I want , and push the lot in ...
      I do think Banji eyes are one of the worse in the world to change
      I can normally get one in easy ...but matching the second eye is normally impossible to do!

11. Hee hee hee, I just popped in to make sure you got all the warnings, which you did, LOL

Good luck!!
      Ingie

12. Oooo this sounds really challenging. I may have to just keep the eyes in my Banji's as is. Not perfect, but there.

13. Hello :D
      No-one's posted here for a while, so I thought I'd put my "two cents" in on the subject of shoes...

Re-Ment shoes fit the best of any size/brand I've tried so far; not perfect, but pretty damn close. Of course, Banji's foot isn't sculpted for high-heels, so standing in them may not work, even with wired joints. Be weary of other Blythe shoes, because some are huge on purpose, to match Blythe's head.

Shoes for Barbie & Stacie don't generally fit. Some may stay by default because Banji's feet are a smidge too wide, and you get a nice tight fit so you won't accidentally loose a shoe. Kelly's shoes are mostly too small, but some people manage to squeeze their Banjis into K's jelly sandals. The heels only stick out a bit in the back. Banji and Francie's feet are a perfect match, but vintage Francie footwear will cost you!

14. I'll have to try Re-ment shoes. Tiny Betsy shoes fit like they were made for Banji's too. :)

15. [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

banji in Bratz

16. These Kelly sandals work - their toes hang over the front a little but since the big toes stick up a little bit, it's pretty darned cute.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My guys wear these tennies most of the time. They're a little larger than their feet but by tying them on tight and making an extra tie around their ankles with the long laces keep them on their feet just fine.

[​IMG]

I've used 1/6 Dollfie boots with my guys before, but I don't have a photo of them wearing them handy.

The dark brown shoes on the left are from Dollmore. The white Blythe ones in the middle from Kemper Dolls are just slightly too small for a Banji foot. The light brown Blythe ones on the right are from Kemper Dolls.

[​IMG]

#176 bakayaro onna, Jan 14, 2009
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    17. Can I ask where you got the tennies from? They are adorable!

18. I went re-ment shoe window shopping after reading that, Goodbyekittie, LOL. Good thing I'm broke, or my Emoji would have a closet like Imelda marcos! Those are so cool!

19. I just bought a bundle of Bratz Boyz clothes on Ebay really cheap...some of the things I picked look so amazing. I'm really anxious to have my boy. :D

20. I got them on eBay some time ago - like three years ago... :o

I think they're supposed to be for Blythe or Pullip dolls.