1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollMore Catish Dolls discussion part 1:

Jun 13, 2006

1. @Lawrichai They really do! Your girl is gorgeous!
      @City Kitty Thank you! She's such a fondant pink beauty!

2. I already wanted a cat doll for so long time. Especially Catish is so beautiful and lovely.
      I hope sometimes some people will still post here some Catish pics. It seems like this girl is not so popular.
      Hopefully I can also own one soon :D if so, I will share some pics here :3nodding:

3. They definitely are lovely dolls. Idk, maybe it's because she does not have magnetic ears that makes her a little bit less popular, neither does she have a tail. I'm not a very big fan of non-magnetic ears myself, I find it problematic because I prefer my dolls to have hair on their heads. The wigs are good quality but I don't like it much that the seam where the ear holes are shows. That's why I ordered my black skin Reaa ears and a tail from Pipos Doll.

Also it would have been nice if they could make some other types of Catish sculpts as well. They are all Reaa sculpts. The boy version's name is Teaa though, but I'm not sure if it's just the Reaa sculpt put on a boy body or not. They seem the same to me :?

Other than that I do not regret getting my Reaa girl. I love her and she looks really good with her Pipos ears and tail on :)

#283 manabusama, Mar 21, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    4. [​IMG]IMG_0681 by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

Here's my girl Elspeth. Sometimes I just call her by her nickname Elsa. You can't see her tail in this photo, It's there but it's a short tail. Here's a picture showing her little tail. IMG_0710

I don't want to scare you from getting one because of what I said. Other people might not mind non-magnetic ears, it's just that I personally usually don't like em so much. Other than that Reaa dolls are totally worth getting :3nodding:

Even though Iher original ears bugs me a bit, she's still my favourite anthro doll. She even beat my other anthro BJDs.The girl got something they can't even compete with :kitty1

#284 manabusama, Mar 21, 2019
    5. I agree; more Catish pictures please! ^_^

I don't mind the non-magnetic ears, I think they're very pretty and delicate but it sure would be easier with wigs if she would have magnetic ears. I made my Reaa my own wig since I didn't like any of the Catish wigs available at Dollmore.
      The biggest thing that annoys me is her body, I don't think she's a very good poser. I don't like dolls with big breasts so those bug me too but not enough to not love my own kitty girl. I would love to see Dollmore release either the mink skin Reaa again or release more fantasy coloured Catish girls.

Anyway, here's my Pink Fluxus girl:
      [​IMG]Envi the cotton candy kitten by suruni, on Flickr

(in this photo she's not wearing the wig I made)

6. She's beautiful :) Wish I had the energy to make my own doll stuff, if I had I could have made my own wigs. I also had to give up learning how to do my own face-ups because of my "chronic fatigue syndrome" diagnosis, so no wig making for me either :| Gettig my girl a pair of magnetic ears were also easier for me because I can not make my own wigs.

I have not had my Reaa sueded and re-stringed before though so her body is quite floppy. I can't really say for sure what I think about the body until I've had her properly sueded and stringed. I find that on my MSD dolls, especially my Resinsoul MSD girl it helps using thicker strings made for SD dolls. My Resinsoul Li she poses like a champion! All her body parts locks in place and stays in the position I've posed her. So I'm hoping that sueding and SD strings could help my Reaa girl as well.

7. Agree more different colored Rhea's would be awesome like maybe a greenish blue mint color. I haven't yet played around with sueding or restringing but the body it self is horrible to try and pose I have to use a stand for mine if I want to get photos of her standing unless I have her leaning on something. I wish they would have an option to choose their kid body, after all the boy catish is on their kid boy body would only make sense to be to realease a catish girl that way.
      As for the ears..yea I'm a bigger fan of magnetic ears (if the magnets don't keep falling out..lol) it's useful to keep wigs on. I have a problem with my mint rhea because her default wig is long and heavy her head cap keeps falling off when I'm trying to dress her or do anything with her.
      My black catish I put a different wig on her where I had to cut slits between the wefts to get it to fit..my boy has a faux fur wig which was easy to cut slits into..my pink girl is just wearing her default one right now. But that was the biggest peeve I had about them is that you could see the weft edges on the wig around their ears and they aren't open nearly enough to fit all the way down. The wigs the original wigs that came with my black rhea went to my souldoll kitty girl and the boy catish's wig went to my hujoo kitty..lol so it kinda worked out ok.
      I need to take some new photos of my catish crew..they have been so neglected.

btw @suruni I love your girls wig so bright.

8. Your girl is quite lovely. I really love her bright red-pink wig:love

I think in that case it's really better to make ypur own wigs. I also prefer to have cats with removable ears, but I really love her face so much.

Even I researched for reviews and read some posts here, I didn't realize that she really is a bad poser:o The posing ability is a really important point for me for buying a new doll. Now I feel a bit unsure about her body :sweat

9. Ypur girl is also very lovely. I love her black skin :D
      I don't mind if the ears are removable or not, because I plan to make my own wig for her , but maybe that's really a reason she is not so popular.
      I would like to know what you think about her posing ability. Especially because you said she is your favourite anthro doll :3nodding:

10. Thanks :kitty2 Well the Luts cats I have are definitely better posers. But I think the Catish dolls are so easy to love and more cat like looking. Despite her flaws I feel more attached to her than I do my other anthros. Despite her flaws she have that "it" thing my other ones can't beat. It might just be a personal thing though, but I think in this case her lovely looks make up for her flaws. You learn to love her for how she is. Love the imperfections. Once you get her you'll love her immediately. At least it were like that for me. I am an owner of an old school single jointed girl. She have her posing issues also. But I see the beauty in even the trickiest dolls. I think that old school single jointed dolls have their own charm. For me the aesthetics can be more important than mobility sometimes. But when it comes to my more realistic doll sculpts I prefer a little bit more mobility and better posing.

It's a little bit difficult for me to say anything at the moment about her posing abilities as I'd like to try thicker strings on her and get her sueded first. But I feel it's mainly her legs that is the problem.Unsueded and not properly strung any doll can get problems. Her legs don't want to be in a standing position. But that also can be fixed I think if you use thicker strings, suede and put wire inside her legs. Wire can be used to make tricky posers pose normally. You can find videos on YouTube about how to wire your doll. Her torso parts I think can be fixed with sueding. And her arms no problems at all.

Most dolls can be handled, but they might require different ways to make things work. I know thicker strings alongside with sueding helped my kicky Resinsoul MSD girl become a master poser. So I'm crossing my fingers it can help my Reaa too. It's all about learning to know your doll inside and out. There's always a solution that can improve your doll :3nodding:

[​IMG]IMG_0741 by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

Here's a little picture of her posing. She's not sueded so that's part of the problem. But as you can see she poses her arms very well. Her torso pieces argue just a little bit with me, but from posing her around it feels like sueding could do the trick. Ordering a Reaa doll you have to be prepared for that her legs might be needing sueding and maybe also wiring later on. All in all I don't really think her flaws is that much of a deal. She can be fixed. A part of the fun is to get to know your doll's body mechanism. There something about conquering that tricky stubborn body and make the doll a as good poser as any other doll :kitty2

#291 manabusama, Mar 22, 2019
    11. Thank so much for your detailed answer!:abow:

I didn't think of sueding and wire and thicker strings, but this could change a dolls posing so much. I already read about that in past. Maybe this would be great for a Catish Reaa too. I never sueded or wired a bjd before. I just restrung some, but it didn't work sooo well. I think I need to try it more hard and to get a better feeling for it.

Anyway I think you are totally right about getting to know the doll better and to love her with her flaws. Most of all I really love the head mold of Catish. So I think of I get one I will also love her, even she is not a perfect poser :kitty2 and maybe I will really try sueding and wireing for first time.
      Thanks a lot! :D

12. You're welcome, I'm happy to help :kitty2 I'm thinking about doing an order for strings and other things next month. Can't wait to see how re-stringing and sueding works for her. When it comes to wiring a doll though I have not tried that yet either. I haven't yet had any doll that needed wiring. But I hope though that re-stringing and hot glue sueding is all she needs.

13. I appreciate all the tips about these dolls- I have two of them and have had trouble posing them. I would post photos, but I don’t have a photo sharing account.

14. I have to say sueding didn't help my catish girl as much as I had hoped. I hot glue sue all my dolls after I've sanded down their seamlines and restringed them and usually it helps with the posing. I just sueded my reaa again a few weeks back and it helped a little again but not that much. (maybe I should try wiring too?)
      But I so agree these dolls will make you fall in love with them the moment you open them from their box! I love my pink reaa no matter what flaws she has. She has super cute face and a lot of character and her arms pose nicely.
      And if a white catish girl is all you want you can always buy the head separately and buy a different body for her. I've been thinking about getting the white catish head from dollmore and making a hybrid but haven't since I want all my anthros be fantasy resin colours and I don't know enough about dyeing resin to try that with a new doll.

15. Oh, I really thought sueding could make the body posing better.

I was also thinking about hybriding her, but sometimes it's so difficult to find a good matching body....it's good she has white skin, so it's more easy about the colour, but anyway I'm not sure about hybriding her.

Besides other cat bjds I really love her head mold most, even the ears are not removable.

Maybe I will just give her a try and then I could still try to swap her body :3nodding:

16. :kitty2 I think it's important to let people who are thinking about getting a doll know all about it and it's flaws before ordering one. I don't want anyone to be disappointed with their purchase.

That's why I also mentioned that wiring might also be needed. I haven't yet had my Reaa re-stringed or sueded before, but I feared that she might be needing wire as well. I did hope at first that thick SD strings and sueding would be enough, I yet have to test that out on my girl so... But after doing a knee joint comparison with my Reaa and RS Li, I see what the problem is.

[​IMG]IMG_0776 by ManabuLi010, on Flickr

IMG_0798

Reaa's knee joint does not hold much in place as you can see. It's this little peanut piece, there's really not much to keep the lower leg from sliding into a kneeling position.There is not much balancing the 3 parts and making the legs stable unless you string with the right kind of strings, suede and wire. It's just poor leg design I guess.

But I love my Reaa still :kitty2 You just have to be prepared to have to work with her legs especially if you want her to work better. From what I know Catish body is the same as Judith Girl body so it's probably possible to get more information about the body on the Dollmore Judith Girl thread.

17. I do still feel that all in all there should not be a problem fixing the tricky Reaa body parts. I also do feel that there's mainly the legs that are the problem. But I did mention that it's different from doll to doll what fixing they require. In Reaa's case it seems she needs all thicker strings, sueding in all places you can and wiring for the legs. Like I said there's always a solution :)

I just hope I'm not wrong about Reaa though... :sweat If you do decide to get her on the body she comes with, part of the fun is to figure out your doll and conquer her flaws. But what I do know is that the Reaa dolls is the kind of doll that is easy to love despite of the flaws they have. Her flaws mean nothing to me in comparison to what makes me love her :3nodding:

#298 manabusama, Mar 24, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    18. The more I look at owner pics of her, the more I love this girl. So I'm finally ready to order one :3nodding:

I think I will directly restring and suede her, but which string should I buy? I don't know which string they actually use for her and I directly want to order a new string when I order her. Can you tell me which size is good? They have 1mm up to 5mm. I don't want to buy the wrong one :pout:

Anyway I'm so super excited now to get my own Catish soon! I will share some pics here when I get her ;)

19. That's great, I'm excited for you. I hope you'll be happy with her :)

I'm going to try these 4mm strings for my girl. It's the thickest strings they have for dark skinned dolls. Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more 4mm and higher are listed as SD strings. You also find normal skin and white skin strings there, you probably do not want tanned strings for a normal skin or white skin doll.

I've gone over to using SD strings in my MSD dolls. That have helped my MSDs not getting loose and floppy so fast, and it have helped them stand up better without falling over. I don't know other people's opinion on tightly strung dolls. But personally I do like to string them a bit tighter as it have helped my dolls at least. Just remember that I speak from personal experience. Maybe you'll find that my ways might not help your doll quite the same. But anyways I'm sure when you get to know your doll you'll figure out what that works best for her :3nodding:

Dollmore also sell these wires. But I have no experience with wiring a doll so I have no idea if you can use these kind of wires in a doll.

Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more
      Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more

#300 manabusama, Mar 27, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 27, 2019