1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls and cats...

May 7, 2021

1. The offender is on the right (note the suspicious hair sniffing):

Don't move

2. I have one doll I had to keep under a blanket while I was working on customizing because my cat would take any opportunity to snuggle against it :lol: He loves that doll. Don't know why that one. I tried the same thing, put a different doll of the same size under the blanket, and he didn't seem to care. Maybe that one smelled more like me since I took longer on painting.

3. My cat doesn't come in my room often, and even then, he's pretty disinterested in most things around the house. He's not really the type of cat to knock stuff over or steal little objects and any time he's been around my dolls he ignores them like he does most other objects. Maybe a curious sniff at the very most, but I'm glad I don't have to ever worry about him bringing any damage to my dolls.

4. I’ve got two cats, and they’re both more interested in the dolls’ boxes than the dolls themselves.
      [​IMG]

5. Sassy and Lestat ( Tom Cruise minimee on a Resinsoul Body. The cats are not allowed to interact with my collection but sassy really doesn't care what I think. Love her to bits.[​IMG]

6. Mostly my cats are not interested in my dolls. So I think I am lucky. It happend once, that my smaller kitty start hitting my universe doll's hand, but that was a one time thing.

7. My cat doesn't touch my dolls, but she likes scratching one of my doll sofas. x_x Fortunately it is one I got cheap, but I need to reupholster it sometime. She doesn't scratch the people sofa, so I think she likes something about the texture of that one.

My other doll sofa, she ironically, likes staying under the sofa instead of sitting on top of it.

8. My cat ignores all of my dolls, whatever brand or type they are. The most interaction will be if I have a doll out and I’m sorting through clothes, she likes to sit near me and “supervise” my fun. But she does that for whatever activity - homework, gaming, reading, writing, etc.

She doesn’t jump up to where I have a doll displayed right now. But just in case I have that doll sitting just in case my cat does decide to get up there and jostle things around. She does enjoy sleeping in doll beds though haha

9. I keep my dolls and cats separate, (the dolls are stored in a room where I don't allow the cats to enter) although the few times I've brought a doll out to take photos and the cats come around, the two older cats have been vaguely curious, but nothing more than that. The kitten, though, he tried to steal a wig! I think he gets jealous of the attention? So he gets put in another room if I'm taking pictures now, LOL!

10. When the monster I call Peter was younger he used to steal doll wigs. He'd grab them off dolls, or get into the tub we kept them in and kill them around the house. I'd like to think that I stopped it by giving him his own wigs to play with - a few unused fur wigs I'd made over the years. When he had his own, he kind of lost interest in the real ones, mostly I think because they were no longer taboo (cause I gave him some), or because he knew what they were about....or he grew out of it. I would still warn any doll people who come over though, because he'll crawl into doll bags (with or without dolls) and he's huge.

Other than that, he has claimed one doll couch as his, and he likes to help me restring or do faceups - when he was a kitten he'd steal things (not just doll-related things. Nothing was safe...especially metal, so I had to keep an eye on s-hooks), but I think he "helps" now because he has to be in the middle of everything I do. He's also been in the last multiple photoshoots I've done, and in the last one he tried to crawl behind the backdrop, and attacked one of the dolls a couple times (it was Batman. He withstood the onslaught), but that's about it. Neither of my cats bother my dolls randomly, they don't even try to jump on the shelves occupied by dolls, so I never worry about them being in the rooms I keep the BJDs.

My other figures are in way more danger, as Gozer has broken two action figures and one statue and knocked a whole shelf of them off the wall. She has a grudge against the Joker I guess. She loves John though (my ringdoll K) and will take every opportunity to sit and sleep next to him, even when I'm not around.

11. My cat thinks it's super interesting when I'm changing my dolls clothes and always wants to join in on the fun. She mostly just sniffs the clothes and lies down in the middle of the blanket I'm sitting on, but sometimes she starts playing with the wigs and I have to put them away.

12. My cat usually leaves my dolls be. But God forbid anything is where he plans to sit because it will go flying fragile or not.

13. We have three cats in the house, and they basically act like the dolls don’t even exist. One of them is a 9 week old little kitten we just brought home, and he’s super playful, so I assumed he might go for them, but nope. Doesn’t care at all… he’d rather play with the other cats or his toys, so that was a huge relief! lol

14. I reached out a doll arm to one of my cats. It must be an excellent face scratcher as Kitty rubbed against it, purring. I tried again some minutes later to see if that was a one off. It wasn't.

15. My cat has always ignored my dolls. To him they're just another inanimate object in the house.

I do keep careful though when I have a doll sitting on my coffee table. With their legs dangling, my cat could definitely walk over and rub his face on their feet or legs (any cat would), which could accidentally pull them off the table edge and onto the wood floor.

16. Well so much for that. The opportunist is still going strong, when she’s not sleeping on my supplies, but the “ignores them completely” cat had some recent health issues resolved and now she’s acting like her sister. Nothing too intrusive. She starts by smelling the doll, and then moves on to purring to get my attention while giving me the big kitty eyes. It’s pretty cute to watch. Just maybe a little annoying when I’m trying to do something. At least she hasn’t eaten any dolls yet. But she does have good taste- she goes for elastic instead of resin.

[​IMG]
      Under the loving glare of her jealous sister (off camera). I was trying to work on the monthly sewing project and now it’s covered in cat hair. Thanks, furball.

17. My cats just ignore dolls

18. My cats have always ignored my dolls for the most part but recently my cat Zelgadis has become much more interested in Vish. Particularly his feet which he spent a decent amount of time sniffing last night. DR Of course Zel has always been a little obsessed with foot sniffing (he used to go so far as to shove his face into my shoes when I'd get home from classes) so I guess it stands to reason that he'd move on to resin toes eventually.

19. I have 4 of the little fur darlings, but I’ve never worried about it and keep all my dolls out on display. When one was a wee kitten (a stray who just showed up on our doorstep one day) he “ate” two fingers off the hand of a tiny doll. She was in limited green resin so the hand couldn’t be replaced. I just bandaged it up and made it a part of her story until I was able to come up with something suitable for her years later, and blushed it to match. But fortunately he never got sick and never did it again, and grew into a big healthy happy cat, so I just chalked it up to “stuff happens” and never worried about it. A couple of the cats are a bit clutsy, occasionally knocking a tiny doll over on rare occasion, which is no big deal…I just stand her up again, there’s never been any damage. And I have a bed for my dolls that the cats promptly took over for napping purposes, but they’re content to share it with the dolls provided the dolls sleep on one side or the other and give them adequate space.:lol: I guess you could say I’m pretty easy going about the kitty interactions, but the truth is I love my cats and I love having my fairly large collection out on display for me to enjoy, so I refuse to change a thing in my happy home.

20. #40 Mire Lapin, Jul 21, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 21, 2021