1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls and your country (pros/cons)

Dec 3, 2017

1. It rains all the time where I live! This makes it harder to spray sealant, I have to really time it right and always keep an eye on weather conditions in case we get a surprise shower. Another thing is that it feels like a lot of online doll accessories and clothes stores are based outside of the US, and I get antsy waiting weeks for packages. That's more on my own impatience!

A big pro though: it's gorgeous here (cause it rains so much) and the white gray clouds make the perfect backdrops and lighting for doll photos.

2. In my town, there is perfect season conditions the whole year, but i have to take a lot of care whit the sun for UV is really high here, so i just could take my dolls out in cloudy days. Also i have blokout panels in my room and dark courtains in the shelve for them.
      A good thing is i usually don't get costum fees for anything under 4kg.
      The cons is i'm practicaly alone in the hobby here, also is imposible to import msc or other sprays for costumization.

3. Being from Mexico i can say that most of the times there are no customs on doll stuff, only got charged a fee twice on dolls but it was due to the dimensions of the box rather than the cost of the item. I travel a lot from city to city because of my job so i have gotten to visit cool spots to take pictures, weather is nice too and not very humid on the cities that i have lived in. As for cons, the dollar currency exchange is very bad ( 1 usd is 22 - 23 pesos), so things end up being very expensive, also only have met 2 people in person who collect dolls so i can say there are very few people in the hobby in the country, so there are no conventions or expos to know other dolls and it also means all the things i get for my dolls have to be bought online from overseas

4. I'm in Winnipeg, a capital city in Central Canada.
      A number of the pros are also cons at time. :sweat

Pros:
      • Local stores that carry MSC and Purity Seal
      • Large local BJD Community (WPG BJD or WinnipegBJD on Facebook)
      • Low humidity generally
      Mixed blessing:
      • Variable weather :XD: Long winters with short days but usually lots of sun in the summer
      • Lots of sunlight, even in winter. Great for photographing but sun means yellowing of course.
      Cons:
      • Currency conversion. It's at 71 cents to the US Dollar right now. When it's equal, it's celebrated.

5. I live in Minnesota and in the summer we get extremely humid while our winters can easily drop below 10° Fahrenheit on any given day. So doing face ups and blushing was impossible for half the year and annoying for the rest of it.
      So I've rigged up my own spray chamber and its made my life much easier. There's not much else about my country that really effects my dolls

6. I come from China, and more and more people like dolls here in recent years. If you are in a bigger city, you can meet a lot of doll lovers. On the Internet, we have many chat groups in which you can share stories. There is a good chance of meeting like-minded friends. The domestic freight is also very cheap, only $8~$10, and the security is so guaranteed that there is almost no loss. The only drawback may be that dolls are only a thing that has sprung up in recent years, so there are few good-looking doll companies in China, and most of the time we order dolls on foreign websites.