1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls from Angell Studio? Good or bad?

Oct 18, 2007

1. This was taken from the Denver Doll Emporium. Maybe it will help?
      [​IMG]

2. But it is not the same thing when you see it on a doll XP

The more I think about it... the more I want a butter one XD
      Or maybe more jacinthe XP

I never saw anywahere a jacinthe colored doll... someone own one?

3. Chibi_Fluffy:

Here you go:
      http://album.blog.yam.com/show.php?a=sakurafubuki&f=4715493&i=3201129&p=150

... As you can see, the colour is rather "orange". I took this photo at Angell Studio's booth during the Hong Kong Dollism Plus 3. I'm sorry that the page itself is in Chinese.

By the way, just in case if anyone is interested, here's a photo of the tanned skin:

[​IMG]

I hope this helps. :)

4. O__________o That is.... orange XD

I think I will stay with pink then....

Wow.... Well... Now I know AS uses really pur colors XD
      No in-between XD

5. Thanks sakurafubuki and AerynAerie

6. Edit: For some reason i cant post a reply...but i have my boy now so i guess ill just put my review in this old post -shrugs-
      --------------------------
      To start, i Bought an Angell-Studio 71.5cm boy, Yan Di <3 *needs to update her signature (lol)*

How is the quality?
      Hes my first BJD so i woulnt know if there were problems or not, BUT from what i can tell hes absolutely perfect as far as quality goes~

Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos?
      Not exactly like the photos (as the companies mention) But you can tell hes the same doll.

How is the posability of the doll?
      Very good, hes strung tightly and hes still a bit kicky. The only problem im having is his left shoulder, it doesnt want to stay up XD; but after a few times of trying it stays.

What kind of skintone do the dolls have? (really pinkish, normal fleshy skintone... comparisons with other companies?)
      I chose butter, and he has a very normal fleshy-looking skintone. His body-blushing is quite pink though, its cute >w< i cant compare with other companies since hes my first doll.

How was the customer service?
      Absolutely wonderful~! :D Heidi the english translator is incredibley nice and she answered all my emails within a 24 hours~ Which was great considering i ordered him via E-mail since the AS site was down at the time.

How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag?
      The packaging was very good, and yes he came with a carrier bag. The only small problem i had was the plastic box his wig came in was a bit...squished? I was guessing it was from his encounter with the JFK Airport team (i guess they checked inside his box im not sure..) His arms and legs were bubble-wraped, but the rest of his body was left bare, though he was strapped inside the pillow/carrier bag. He has a face-protector on as well ^^

Is the store reliable?
      Most definately! :D

How is the resin smell?
      Um...good? XD; i ordered him with the "Elegant Lily" smell and he smells..well...elegant! XDD; hes smells nice, i actually just lean over and sniff him once and a while XD lol

When you order, it asks you to pick an option from a drop down box called "Shipping Area". What do the two letter abbreviatons (the options) mean? It's really confusing...
      Um...i dont know anything about that since i ordered through E-mail...Sorry! ^^;

7. I say go for it girl!!!

Since I have been here I have not seen one bad review about AS :D

And I think those little bads would arrive in any company XP

8. With what I've experienced, all I can say is "Good Luck"!

Unfortunately I'm one of those who's had problems, please refer to my earlier posts. I'm not the only one who has problems. *_* I've heard people receiving a BLACK doll (the entire doll was covered with black stain). So I believe it's more than just "little bads".

One thing that I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that, I noticed that my girl has a hole on her finger! :...( I think it's called an "air bubble". I told AS about it of course but they didn't do anything about it. Here's the photo, note the little finger:

[​IMG]

9. O______o

Wow...... I mustve jumped your post then.... I read most of the reviews and most of the bad ones where in the begginning of AS when it was still pretty new XP

10. I've decided to get an AS doll through Denver Doll. Though at the moment the communication with AS has been great, they've answered a lot of questions and been really helpful. What I really don't like is that they charge paypal fees. I like DD's layaway program. Makes an expensive doll easier to afford and they do all the leg work for you.

11. Really :D

So cool =w=

I think I will go with them then XD

I knew I could buy from DD... but I was not sure if it was rteally better XP

12. I bought a Lucifer from Denver Doll after comparing the prices. If you live in the States, it's about $90 to ship from Hong Kong, plus the paypal fees (4% of the cost of the doll/item). From DD it was only $18 for ground mail, without any fees. Since the prices for the doll are identical, it only makes sense to buy from DD. You have to wait a little longer, but they ship it to you as soon as they get it, so it'll only be a couple extra days. Also, they can special order anything you want, even the default costume. They communicated with me really well, and it was so easy. I highly recommend DD because it is less expensive and the service is fantastic.
      From what I could tell though, most bad reviews of AS were much earlier. Within the last year, I didn't notice any poor reviews. Also, AS has a Christmas free head (but with the extra shipping fees, you can't really call it free...) that DD can't offer. If you are not in love with the head, I would recommend DD. If you want to pay extra for the head (shipping and fees, about $120 if you're ordering a doll) then AS would be the way to go. If you want to save about $120, order from DD. ^_^ That is my experience.

13. Well then DD it is :D

I am currently thinking of buying just a head too... to start XP
      I want to practise face-up and stuff before getting my "real" doll... so I think it will be better to get it from them :D

14. I just want to poke my head in to thank Angell Studio's English-language service rep for rescuing me yesterday.

What a flake I was... I was debating whether to use my Christmas present Doll Fund Money on a tan Gavin or not. How often am I complaining "reading skills required" when people fail to just RTFM, so to speak. Was walking through the steps, trying to figure out how to add options and so forth, and was ... not being successful. (NOW, of course, I know what I did wrong, but.)

Clicked the "next" button and what to my wondering eye did appear but an Order Number! O_O And... I really had pretty much decided that I'd better finish paying off the doll I had on layaway and take care of Christmas bills before sinking that much into another doll.

I fired off a completely panicked email to the service rep. Who very graciously told me not to worry, shipping was less than it showed because of a glitch in their system, and cancelled the order for me.

Whew.

So. A happy customer service review!