1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls from Angell Studio? Good or bad?

Oct 18, 2007

1. The coloured wire threads are to wire your doll's arms and legs for better posing. One wire goes through the arms - torso - other arms, and the other wire goes through the crotch area and down the legs like an upside-down "V". Hope this helps!

I haven't needed to use the wires for posing, but it's nice that they included them just in case!

Edit again: Those are the same style and fabric that the pants from the Adam Seductive Set came with. They don't even fit the AS boy? That's very frustrating -_-

2. Wow... hmm... I wonder why they would make clothes that don't fit their own dolls? That's very interesting... it's really unfortunate and annoying, really.

3. i think i´m going to order my first doll from algell-studio. but when i was reading what you wrote about their dolls, i´m not sure i want to order from there anymore.. :eek: didn´t your dolls really look like the ones in the pictures in angel-studio?

4. As you can see from the pictures I posted - yes, the dolls do look like the dolls in the promo pictures.

The company is somewhat-new, I believe (a little over a year old maybe?), and are probably still learning things, but all in all they are a good company.

Their dolls really are beautiful, just have a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser handy in case it arrives with a few small dirty smudges. I believe their dolls make perfect first dolls.

Just make sure you buy by the end of this year if you want to buy one of their 1/3 dolls, because they are having a sale right now. The prices will rise at the beginning of 2008, I believe.

I really do like this company and their dolls, but I wanted to give an honest and truthful review so that those that buy from them in the future will be ready for the worst case scenario. Many others have ordered from them without any problems whatsoever, so you may not have any problems at all.

5. Hmm, after reading all of what's written here I am very curious about how my just-ordered Vera will look like O_O
      I'd kill to see owner pics of that doll with make-up XD

6. I think your Vera will be very lovely!

As I mentioned, the make-up I received was default as in their pictures (even though I requested custom make-up), but it is still very beautiful and looks just like the photos!

It was the body and back of the head that the small black stains/smudges were on, and they mostly came off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Only one partial black mark remains that I was unable to clean off on the back of her arm.

7. I'll just add in what I know... ^^

1 . Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos?
      I only ordered a Gus head with custom face-up and although it was slightly different from what I requested but still they did the face-up very well, albeit a lil glittery blushing under the eyes... XD

2. How is the posability of the doll?
      I got a DOC body for him so yea... :sweat Can't comment on this...

3. What kind of skintone do the dolls have?
      Alexius (Gus head) was ordered in pinky white tone but when matched with DOC skintone, his head is a tad mellow... More likely because it's French resin but it's not noticeable...

4. How was the customer service?
      Customer service was very good IMO though at times you have to send Tony a few more emails to remind him about certain options or requests you made... He let me know promptly about other things and kept me informed... When one of the doll owner pointed out that her Gus had his eyes hot-glued in, I panicked because we ordered around the same time and I quickly emailed Tony about it and was at quite a loss when he said that mine was shipped with hot-glued eyes... But then in a few hours he replied back saying that since AS had been emailed about the eyes, mine wasn't hot glued... It was packed separately... ^_^ I had wanted a 16mm eye for him and had emailed Tony that I wanted verdency colour... But since they don't have 16mm on their site, I emailed him to change to 14mm but he reassured me that they've 16mm eyes in stock... I got a nice greenish 16mm eye (not verdency) and am very happy with it though he now has different eyes... The eyes are stemless so it's harder to position them... >_>

5. How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag?
      With just a head and the other free goodies, the box was packed really well with LOTS of bubble wraps... XD The head and other stuffs were packed inside a small cute little box and they also had extra face masks included... Everything was packed very well... ^_^

6. Is the store reliable?
      Yup, pretty reliable though I would recommend that you place your orders using IE instead of Firefox etc because their site apparently works properly with IE... :|

7. How is the resin smell?
      Head-only does not have fragrance option but nonetheless, his head doesn't have the resin smell that his DOC body has when arrived... Ugh~

8. Anything else?
      At least email Tony beforehand if you've questions before buying anything... And use IE to check your shipping location as the two-letter words can mean another state/country! So be careful!!! I'll probably buy from AS again if they've new 1/4 dolls that I'm totally taken with... ^_^ They've actually done very well for such a new company and they've been improving rapidly with customers' comments and help too...

In short, I'm totally happy with what I got!!!

8. That's awesome! Does anyone know what exactly the shipping location two-letter words stand for? I'm totally confused about that... x_X

9. The two-letter shipping location is for country actually... For example I'm in Australia so the shipping area (when you place your order and fill out the details, there's a shipping area option) is AU... And for Malaysia is MY... Use IE to view their site, the shipping area option is at the upper left hand corner of the page... Click it and scroll till you either find your state (I think for US people) or country... If you're still unsure email Tony...

I'm sure some people here can also help you... ^^

10. Thanks! I don't think it's states... because I typed in USA for my country, and the shipping location has all these weird letters that I'm positive aren't state abbreviations. I found a US one in the drop down box, but does that stand for USA? Hmm... I'll most likely ask Tony about it... ^_^

Thanks again!

11. How is the white skin tone? Is it pink-y like Volks fsc, or yelllow-y like Luts? Or neither?

Thanks!

12. I have 2 Pureskin White Volks dolls, and a Milky White Lilith & Kana. The Milky White Skin does NOT match Volks. It is more of a stark white, while Volks has more of a tint to it's white.

The Pinky-White supposedly matches DoD's resin, according to the AS website.

13. the pinky-white skintone does match quite well though it's a wee bit noticeable if you stare real hard... most likely cause the French resin has a glow to it so my Gus head looks a shade more mellow compared to the DOD... however, the difference isn't strikingly obvious so getting a DOT body is fine... my Gus is on a DOC body...

14. Last month I bought from AS the Abel Queen outfit. Tony ASSURED me that the outfit would fit DOT body as well.
      I waited about 3 weeks plus for the outfit to be sent out.
      The outfit composes of a hat, a shirt with mesh sleeves, a belt with mesh skirt and a pair of shirts. The outfit does not fit my DOT. The shirt is a very tight fit on AS body already. BUT the shorts was so small, you really have to pull and push to get it to go up his hip. The snaps at the front were over 3/8 inches apart (you cannot snap them together) that my doll looks like he had too much to eat (very ridiculous). He cannot sit down, when he sits, the shorts slips and his ENTIRE rare end is out side of the shorts (acks).
      I took pictures and sent to Tony. He got back to me, telling me that, as shown in the pictures posted on the web site, the outfit was designed to fit the doll only standing position ONLY (no other poses should be expected) and I should fix the shorts myself. I told him that the snaps were so far apart that it is not possible for me to fix it. Then he told me that it would cost AS too much money to send me another pair of shorts (and their designer did not make any mistake so it was not their fault that the shorts would not fit); instead they want to give some store credit.
      I asked him how much the credit would be (since I now need to buy another pair pants to complete the outfit) and told him of my concerns about the quality of their products (the 3 wigs I got with my original doll order came to me all wet, smelled and the hairs are falling off) and how can they guarantee that when I order again I will not encounter the same issues. He told me that the entire company is looking into it and will get back to me.

And that was about 1.5 weeks ago with no more update since.

15. That's horrible! I'll have to make sure to only buy their outfits for the dolls I buy from them then... and even then it's a tight fit? Oh dear... :(

16. Jibrille, thanks for your post, it's really helpful.

So I see, there are many problems with AS outfit for others? And "few small dirty smudges". Well, I'll keep in mind.

I order Kana White few days ago, and read many about AS before, but just have to registered here. Anyway, I'm not sorry.

17. I ordered a Adam-white from Angell Studio some days ago and, from what I heard a lil bit everywhere, the wig is horrible : "wet, smell and hairs falling off".

So I´m planning to buy a new wig but I don´t know which size fits his head.
      His head is 22,50cm (8,9 inch). Should I buy 8/9" or 9/10" ? And does a 24cm mohair wig without elastic fits on him ?

18. Well, just pay a little more attentions. In the pictures, some pants for the boys are tight fitting, those are probably the ones to watch out for.:roll:

19. His head is smaller than CP, bigger than DOT.

20. *_* this doesn´t help xD

This doll will be my first doll. Does anyone owning a Adam, Cain or Abel from AS tried other wigs ?