1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls from Angell Studio? Good or bad?

Oct 18, 2007

1. Thanks, Jibrille!

2. For all of you who have bought from AS--did any of you pay with credit card? Were there any problems with it?

3. I bought it with paypal by Credit Card and had no problems at all.

4. I also purchased my doll with CC Paypal ^^ I didn't have any problems at all.

5. Woow! This is really helpful everyone, thank you! Does anyone know if Angell Studio NS matches with DIM NS resin? I'm getting a MiniMee soon, and I'm not extremely fond of the DIM male bodies, but I LOVE the Angell Studio male bodies. (60 cm btw xD) So, if anyone knows that would be great :D.

6. I'm new dollfie owner and my first doll is Abio Angel San

I'm thinking of getting Cain-Pink but i have some questions about the resin...
      I heard from somewhere else that you can request for another kind of resin instead french resin...

Also what kind of skin tone is Cain-pink? Does it look like DOD or Volks?
      After reading the comments you all posted...I think it would be better to communicate to them in Chinese right? Cause they wouldn't mess up the orders that easily x.x

Anyway i really would like more feedback on the resin
      Thanks
      mini

7. i've a Gus-pink but since he's French resin, his skintone seem more luminous and slightly mellow compared to his DOC body but i'm not sure for the Jap resin...

AS has two types of resin using right now... French resin for the 1/4 and Japanese resin for the 1/3... i've read elsewhere that the 1/3-pink version are quite compatible with the DOD colour and their white matches well with the AOD white skintone... their pink skintone also matches AOD's normal for both 1/3 and 1/4...

about requesting another resin, you might be thinking about urethane which they HAD did once but i don't think anymore... AS-normal (for the 1/4) does not match the Volks very well but i'm not sure about 1/3...

yup, it might be best if you communicate with them in Chinese and see how they respond to you... good luck and let us know about it! ;)

8. I write to them in english using their english email address, and I always get a reply within 24 hours. Sometimes immediately if Tony is online at the time.

It may have mattered before if you wrote in english or chinese, but I don't think it matters much anymore.

9. How much does Angell Studio charge for shipping?

10. try to do a mock purchase to check the shipping... just remember to exit the shopping window after that instead of continuing or else you're gonna have to pay for it! where are you shipping it to? if you let us know, we might be able to roughly guess the price...

11. I live in the philippines. I've been trying to do a mock purchase but there seems to be something wrong with the shopping cart page..

12. Hmmmm, how much time it usualy takes people from AS to prepeare doll before shipping?
      I don't know when I should expect my baby ;___;

13. That happened to me too. It takes a long time to load and it doesn't work in Mozilla Firefox. Try again in Internet Explorer?

14. Angell-Studio has problems a bit working with Firefox and Opera in terms of shopping section, use IE instead...

15. I got my items in about a month.

I've just ordered a body for the other head that I have. It may take longer than usual because it's the Holiday season.

16. I had no problems with the company. Communication was really good but I had to wait for a long time before they ship my doll. Now, the package is nowhere to be found. It's been more than a month and still no news. No change on the EMS page either. I'm trying to figure out what's going on. :...(
      It's kinda stressful though. :(

17. I've been waiting five weeks now for my Gabriel... 'No shipping status mail. 'No answer yet to the email I sent last Thursday asking when they expect her to ship.

If this turns into one of those "months with no communication and no sign of the doll"-things, I'm going to be a very unhappy camper. :|

18. I'm sorry about that. :( They generally answer my mails. Sometimes late, but at least I get an answer.
      It really takes a long time before they ship the dolls. I ordered mine at the end of August and they shipped the package in October 17th. I'm still waiting and I'm worried and upset enough. :atremblin

Hope you get an answer soon and also your Gabriel!! ^__^

19. I haven't actually -bought- one yet, but I've sent PLENTLY of question-related emails to Tony, the English representative.

He was quick to respond, usually by the next morning (for my time zone). He does forget things, though. Like I asked if they do purple wigs, because the doll I'm going to order is based off my OC, and in the same email I asked if they sold shoes. He kinda.... Just told me about the shoes. ^^; But I sent another email asking about the wig, and he responded by the next day.

He's really nice though, and doesn't mind my ramblings of emails nor my mass amounts of questions (It's my first BJD, so I didn't know what some of the terminology and things were.... ^^; )

And about the Firefox thing-- Most sites work on IE better than Firefox, because Firefox is newer, and I guess not compatable with some of the HTML found on "flashier" sites. *shrugs* I had no problem with a mock purchase. <3

I plan to order a pink Dana <33 Perfect for my OC! ^_^

20. I ordered a Leira and a Vera on August 19th, and they shipped on September 25th. They came -completely- mummified in this filmy foam stuff (no idea what to call it) and plenty of tape, so they arrived safe and sound. It literally took me 20 minutes just to pull the foam off one doll! I picked sweet cocoa for Leira and Vera was elegant lily. They smell nothing like chocolate or lilies, just a light perfume scent you can barely notice.

The package was opened at customs, likely because AS didn't declare what was inside or what it was worth. >__>; Canada Customs wrote their own form and decided their value was $100 each. Thank you, Canada Customs, for allowing me to pay lower customs fees. :3

The quality seems nice, though the resin around the wrists is very thin. The dolls have a nice weight to them and mine has (accidentally!) taken a few faceplants and lived to tell the tale. The hook slipped out of my Leira's left hand, but AS sent me a free pair to replace it. The new pair seems to have improved hooks, so no complaints here.

Customer service-wise, Tony replies very quickly and is quite friendly. And it was really nice of them to send me new hands!

As for posability, they're a bit shaky. They can stand and sit perfectly fine, but the knees make kneeling awkward-looking. (Keep in mind I'm talking about the 1/4 girl body) The arms and hands pose rather nicely though.

As for looking like the pictures, I don't think my Leira looks like the promo pictures (See examples here, keeping in mind her nose and chin were modded and it's obviously a different face-up). But she's beautiful all the same, and I adore her.