1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls from Angell Studio? Good or bad?

Oct 18, 2007

1. The second doll body I ordered just arrived. I got an email from AS stating that if I didn't open the box while the postal worker was standing there, that there was nothing that AS could do if the doll was damaged. My dad got to the postal worker that brought the package while she was outside and I didn't know she was here, and he let her go w/o opening the box first.

AS must have taken my criticism into consideration, because even though the box had severe water damage, the body inside was still in-tact and dry. They have definately improved on the packaging of their dolls, the body was completely mummified and taped.

This time I had ordered BASIC body blushing, but it was even more blushed than the more expensive FINE blushing that I ordered last time. They even blushed her fingernails, although it's only visible on one hand. (It's somewhat there on the other hand, but not enough to be visible unless you have her hand in your face.)

The S-hooks still need improvement. I'm still back-and-forth with another family member trying to put the body on the head with the S-hook that they included, but they did not include the rubber bands that connect from the S-hook to the resin hoop inside the headcap. So I had to take a rubber band from a Volks S-hook kit that I have on hand.

The S-hook for the head is still the same as the S-hook I received with my last order. The S-hook in Kana's head scratches around and gives her very little movability of her head. We're trying to figure out what the best way to use the S-hook will be so that it doesn't keep slipping down into her head or scratch inside like it does with Kana. If anyone has instructions on which way the head S-hook should be used on AS's 1/3 sized dolls, please let me know. I've checked their website, and where there should be a link to instructions, there are none.

2. I got my Kana today. :dance 27 days after I ordered without any sort of face/body blushing--not bad!

How is the quality?

Wonderful quality. The resin is heavy. Pretty smooth, though, but a little MSC should clear that right up. Also, she is PINK. Oh man is she pink. It's actually an attractive pink, and it gets toned down a lot once she's in clothes and a wig.

Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos?
      She has teeth! TEETH! :aheartbea Yeah, though, she does look the same. Her eyes are a little bit bigger, and her mouth is open a hair, but that's it. You can't see said teeth unless you're looking up her nose.

How is the posability of the doll?
      Excellent! Beats out MNF and DZ. She holds poses great and stands well. She can even do the cute sitting thing. It's really cute, too. ; 3; Her knees lock.

What kind of skintone do the dolls have? (really pinkish, normal fleshy skintone... comparisons with other companies?)
      Really pinkish. I can compare her to Luts and DZ NS if you want later, although I am going to foreworn you that it really looks a lot less weird clothed. So I don't have anything to worry about unless I suddenly decide to have a naked love scene between my MNF and her. ;) Not likely!

How was the customer service?
      I got all of my responses within 24 hours, and Tony is a sweetheart.

How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag?
      The packaging took me maybe twenty minutes to strip off of her. Nothing was gonna happen to this doll! The carrier case was two white pillows zippered together with handles and the doll velcro'd in.

Is the store reliable?
      I'd buy from them again!

How is the resin smell?
      I didn't get her scented. She just smells like new resin. I think her headcap is very lightly scented, but I'm not sure what scent. It's very light and sweet.

Also: The eyes are gorgeous! They're a wonderful blueish green and reflect light much better than the icky green glass ones my Shushu has. -_- Sadly, they're asymmetrical and make her look like she just had a concussion. They're 18mm, too...WAY too large, 16mm would be better. I got her a set of boy clothes--the Abel V White Collar suit--and it is wonderfully made. And the wig she came with has no hairs falling out, and it isn't smelly or wet.

3. I ordered an A-S Vera yesterday with all the trimmings - i've also asked Tony to change the F-Nicety resin for the J-Experience resin so *fingers crossed* here's hoping for a positive experience!

I'll update as soon as i've received my doll for other's information!

Also, has anyone got any idea how long on average it takes for AS to ship after ordering if it includes an outfit and all the blushing/faceup etc etc?

4. I ordered my dolls with face-up, blushing, outfits, and wigs; and it took about a month. It seems that it's taking longer for others now that it's the Holiday season, though. So it may take a bit longer.

5. To Ehryn:

They ship a tiny bit late. I ordered my Veras when they told me that they had ready made Veras to go. But they didn't really ship my Veras until a week and a half to two weeks after ordering. Overall though, they are really fast. I got my Veras in under a month of ordering.

6. Just adding that their customer service is great--when I ordered my Kana, I also bought the white v-neck suit thing. It's supposed to come with a rose pin, but it didn't. I sent Tony an email, and he said that the roses must have been out of stock when they sent the outfit with the doll, and he'd mail me another one when they got them back in stock. :)

7. Jibrille,

Thanks for all the informative information!

8. Well, I received my Adam three days ago and I must say that I'M IN LOVE!!! :D
      He poses like dream...Almost better than all of my dolls. Quality of resin is really good too. He is my heaviest doll now. I couldn't believe how heavy he is when I first handled him. Not to mention his cute little face. I was telling myself that I might not like him as much as my other boys because of his sleepy eyes. I was wrong. He is terribly beautiful and his face-up is to die for. Customer service, of course, is amazing. They helped me a lot and always answered my emails on time (especially when my box was nowhere to be found). I would definitely buy from them again.
      Here is a piccie of my boy, Subaru, to show how beautiful he really is. =P

[​IMG]

Sorry for the spam but I couldn't resist. Hehe!

9. I paid for my doll immediately by credit card yesterday and it's still marked as "unpaid" in my member profile. Did this happen to anyone else or is an email due?

10. Oh wow! I've been looking into getting an Adam... So nice to see some user pictures of him, he's lovely! :aheartbea

11. Oops, speak of the devil- order payment just confirmed!

12. Alright so I just received my girl today in the mail and I am leaving some company feedback.

I do want to add that she shipped quickly and I only waited 22 days after the order was confirmed.

I ordered a J-Exp Kana.

How is the quality? Very good! The doll is silky smooth, just like they said and has the feeling of “porcelain” to it.

Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos? I would say! I need to give her a face-up and then we shall see. But she actually has TEETH! Something I didn’t even know she had that even the photos didn’t show!

How is the possibility of the doll? She poses very well and can stand without any problems. Her joints don’t break either. ^_^

What kind of skin tone do the dolls have? (Really pinkish, normal fleshy skin tone... comparisons with other companies?) I ordered mine with white skin. It’s a very beautiful white! As white as paper. She compares almost as close as DoC dolls, but the DoC’s match is slightly off, and noticeable. Now my little kids seem like white normal skin. I also have a NS Yder head and there is a HUGE difference. But they have a cute match for my character plans.

How was the customer service? I e-mailed them and had questions and Tony quickly answered in a day or two. So they were quick on answering and very friendly.

How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag? The box that was shipped got a little smashed and the box she came in was kinda dented, but it was packed enough so it didn’t touch the doll. They sent a pillow carrying bag, which is very nice and it zippers shut. Everything inside was packaged safely too.

Is the store reliable? I would say so from my personal experience. Though they do say that they give shipping notices, and I did not receive mine, BUT she came earlier than 30 days.

How is the resin smell? She smells like vanilla like I asked for! It isn’t overpowering, but faint enough so you can smell it. It’s very nice.

13. Since I got the doll (AS VERA) I can also answer some questions ~~

How is the quality?
      Very good.

Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos?
      Yes.

How is the posability of the doll?
      Quite good

What kind of skintone do the dolls have? (really pinkish, normal fleshy skintone... comparisons with other companies?)
      my PW Vera has a... very pale pink color XD It's really nice, just like PW Narae's.

How was the customer service?
      At first- great. But then the company refused to reply for my e-mails.
      I didn't have any news about my doll. I had to wait 3 whole months to get message that my baby was sent.
      That was horrible...

When you order, it asks you to pick an option from a drop down box called "Shipping Area". What do the two letter abbreviatons (the options) mean? It's really confusing...
      country. In my case: PL = Poland :)

How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag?
      Packaging was very good.
      Yes, I have received pillow- carier bag :)

Is the store reliable?
      more or less...I mean they have quite a mess there, I think....but they DO try their best ._.

How is the resin smell?
      Very nice, flower-ish :)

Anything else you can think of, please let me know!
      If You want to order from AS, You have to be prepared for various surprices...that's my opinion. But in the end you will get what you want.

14. How is the quality? Fantastic! My Gabriel is very smooth and soft!

Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos? Honestly? No. I bought a Gabriel second hand, but she came with company picture postcards, and she looks nothing like them. The doll itself has a slight smile that is not represented in the company pictures. The make-up was also DRASTICALY different than what was represented as the company make-up. But that didn't matter to me, since I saw my Gabirel's marketplace pictured before I saw company pics ^^

How is the posability of the doll? She was VERY tight. So posability right off the bat wasn't that great. The body structure is quite nice, so I think she has great posing potential.

What kind of skintone do the dolls have? Gabriel is REAL pink. I don't know if it was specific to her since she was a special edition doll, or if it's the case with all of them, but she is very pink.

How was the customer service? I don't know, bought her second hand XD

How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag? Very cute box and a WONDERFUL carrying bag!

Is the store reliable? Dunno :sweat

How is the resin smell? You know.... I never did sniff her XD I'll do that when he body gets back from being restrung XD

15. Got my Cain October 07. He was one of my first BJDs.

Whats the quality like? Great, lovely smooth resin (not over smooth) No rough seams or anything.

Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos? Yes, a little 'prettier' than expected but still, like the doll in the photos.

How is the posability of the doll? Posability is fantastic with this doll. I love his body, his legs pose brilliantly, he stands, sits and kneels very well. Arms/hands are also fairly good.

What kind of skintone do the dolls have? I ordered White skin tone, and believe me its VERY white. As white as luts BW dolls, if not even whiter. He's beeeautiful.

How was the customer service? Customer service was great! I even have an MSN address so i can contact a member of the sellers and get proper replies, no waiting around for emails or spending a fortune on overseas phonecalls. Very polite sellers.

How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag? Yes he came with his white pillowy carrier back, he was very well packaged up. The outer box was a little damaged but he was so covered in bubble wrap there was no chance of him getting damaged.

Is the store reliable? I find the store very reliable, they did everything i asked for on the order form, right coloured wig, eyes, skin. Did the blushing, scented him. Admittedly they did the face up, i didnt even pay for one and i loved it so thats a bonus really. He came in under 30 days even though i picked the blushing options. So fast as well.

How is the resin smell?He smells gorgeous (i opted for vanilla scented), sometimes i play with him just to sniff him(lol) and every other doll owner i've met has commented on his great smell and the fact that its a great idea for a company to scent dolls.

Anything else you can think of, please let me know!
      Body blushing was uneven on one hand, other than that his blushing is gorgeous to photograph.

Overall i'd VERY happily buy from AS again.

16. Does anyone know what size clothing these dolls fit? My girlfriend (she's not on DOA - I keep nagging her about getting an account ;D) just bought a pink Abel, gender-swapped, with blushing and faceup.

I suppose, those of you with Liliths, etc would be the best to ask, in this case, since her Abel is going to be on a girl body. Does your girl fit SD13 clothing? DOT? Is there anywhere in particular that you'd recommend to shop from?

PS - has anyone NOT had trouble with AS's clothing?

17. My girl fits into certain DM clothes very well, and I have been told that they can wear SD13 clothes ^_^ The easiest way to go clothes shopping is to compare measurments of your girl to those of a company you might want to buy clothes from. By doing this, I discovered that AS ladies are only very slightly different than the Dollmore Youth ladies ^_^

18. I'm thinking about ordering the Gus-Normal and the Lilith-White to add to my doll family, so is Angell-Studio worth and safe to buy from? I have fallen in love with their dolls and I'm hoping to bring them home soon. :aheartbea

19. I'm having issues paying, I think >.< I used paypal with thier website and it said payment failure, but paypal says it was transfered. I tried it again this afternoon, and sent them a couple emails...

20. 1 . Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos?
      Not quite. Vera has teeth in the photos of the store, but there's none in the reality. I guess you could try and paint them, but the default make up is missing teeth (it kind of dissapoint me T-T I loved her teeth!)

2. How is the posability of the doll?
      I loved it because when she arrived was just greatly strung! Anyways, I don't really like her "Sitting position", she tends to pose strangely o.o

3. What kind of skintone do the dolls have?
      The colour is just beautiful. Mine was Pinky white and it'snot as pale as Luts' white skin for example.

4. How was the customer service?
      Horrible. Unexplainable... I ordered my doll on November 1st and it arrived on February 7th. I asked lots of times about my doll and the responsible answered without knowing a thing about my order. It was really painful...

5. How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag?
      It was great. It had one box with the logo and the doll's one (pink! XD). She had also a beautiful "carrier bag" beautifuly finished with the logo, and it was really well wrapped in bubbles. It also had her hands wrapped separatedly and a double-faced protector for the face.

6. Is the store reliable?
      I suppose so.

7. How is the resin smell?
      It didn't have any smell... Although I ordered with Sweet Cocoa T-T

8. Anything else?
      I suppose they had troubles when I ordered... It's no excuse to have let me wait for my doll for more than 3 months but... Well, I'm so happy with the results that I couldn't say a thing xD