1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls from Angell Studio? Good or bad?

Oct 18, 2007

1. Had a look at Angell-Studios out of interest. It doesn't hurt to look..does it..(yes it does as I've now fallen in love with Gus (Normal) doll....and Kana.....DANG NABBIT!)
      Still deciding whether to purchase from them or not...I'm unsure though as I'm still new to Bjd's so I don't know if ordering from them would be a good Idea...

This thread is really helpful though, so will aid me in making a decision :)

(shouldn't really order anyway as I've just brought my first doll from my friend and most likely be buying a second one from her soon too...my brain says yes but my bank account says IeeeeK NO! :doh)

x ttfn x

2. So... Has anyone bought there recently? How are their shipping times at the moment?

3. recently the time from you ordered a doll to you recieved it is about one month

4. That's good to know :D Thanks for the prompt response!

5. 1 . Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos?
      Cain looks even better in person! Hid face up isn't as brown as in the pictures. I love him!

2. How is the posability of the doll?
      He poses really well, very stable & easy to balance.

3. What kind of skintone do the dolls have?
      I got the White Cain. His skin is very pale, a sort of light ivory color. Not as stark white as Bobobie, but not a lot darker. The resin is so smooth! It's the best feeling resin I've ever touched! And he's nice and heavy.

4. How was the customer service?
      Very good. My emails were answered with in 24 hours. Communication was awesome.

5. How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag?
      He was packed with extreme care, and the carrier bag included was nice. He had these funny thigh high bubble wrap stockings on.

6. Is the store reliable?
      I didn't have any problems.

7. How is the resin smell?
      Like resin, but not very strong. I didn't get a scent added.

8. Anything else?
      They sent me the eye & wig color I requested, and extra face protectors & elastic. Also wire for his legs (I didn't use it, he stands perfectly). The wig felt oily, like some kind of wig conditioner was used. I just washed it and it feels fine now.

6. yes ,they use wig conditioner to protect it as it was a long way on the road

7. Ah, ok. I figured that's what it was. But it washed right out and looks great! I love my Cain (who I remaned Ari).

8. wig conditioner makes wig more soft and smooth,but we still will try to add conditioner but not wet wig

9. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but what is the difference between the senior dolls and the normal ones, is it just the small size difference?

10. The senior dolls are double jointed if I remember correctly, which is why they are more expensive, the sizing is the same. ^^

11. yes,senior dolls are double joints,but senior 1/3 boy's legs are 1.5cm taller than normal 1/3 boy's legs

12. Thank you SakuraLee and Zero_1900, I really appreciate the information!

13. whoops my bad- I got the sizing wrong -_-;
      ( Even worse because I was thinking about buying one too ;) )

14. I just ordered a Vera yesterday, I was wondering though, I got charged $77 for shipping to the US, is this on par with what everyone else paid?

I'm only asking because I ordered my first doll from B&G which is also located in China and the shipping was only around $43.

15. Shipping is approximately that price... I paid around $90 for my momo... :)

16. Okay, thanks so much for the help, I was just confused with such a high amount. :)

17. http://www.ems.com.cn/serviceguide/e-zi-fei-biao-zhun.html

this is the official website of EMS,you can change the CNY price to USD,and you will know how much your doll need to ship from China to US.some company lower the price of shipping may because they had already add the residuary part of shipping on their doll's price.

18. I have planned to get AS Lucifer and Abel, and although I now I will be getting Snow Lucifer I am currently unsure about the Abel.

I really wanted to ask, is the Jacinthe skin tone just the same as Luts normal tone? I ask this just because I know it says matching Luts, but wasn't too sure what tone as everyone's are different x3
      I am hoping to actually get him saved for once I have ordered a body for my Sleeping Yder head that's on it's way now n___n

19. How is the quality?
      My Vera is very beautiful and the resin is smooth. She even has some sparkles in her faceup.

Did the dolls look like the ones in the photos?
      She looks just like the photos other than you can't see her teeth as well, if at all, maybe if you look up her nose haha.

How is the posability of the doll?
      She poses really well, but it's kind of hard to get her to stand very sturdy. I think that's more of an operator error though since I'm used to my B&G that isn't double jointed like the Vera is.

What kind of skintone do the dolls have? (really pinkish, normal fleshy skintone... comparisons with other companies?)
      I have the white-pinkish skin, next to a normal skin B&G she looks very white and makes the B&G look yellow.

How was the customer service?
      Very good, email responses were quick and helpful.

How was the packaging? Did they send it with a carrier bag?
      The box was a little beaten, but not badly. Yes, she was in a carrier bag and everything on the inside was very well packed.

Is the store reliable?
      Very!

How is the resin smell?
      There might be a hint of a scent, but not overpowering. It smells very fresh and clean.

Anything else?
      I received all the extras I asked for, the dark wig and eyes. I also got some extra stringing, wire, and face protectors.

20. Hi.

Where can I see the nude AS boy body, the website will not show up, and its
      so..ooooo boring slow :|

Lisa