1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls From Around the World

Jun 4, 2020

1. How many different countries do your dolls represent? I sat down today and listed out how many countries I've collected from over this past year and a half I've been in the doll hobby:

China
      Korea
      Russia
      Spain
      France

Including my OT artist dolls, we can add Taiwan and Japan.

My BJD pre-order plans for this summer will add the UK to the list, making 8 different countries' artists represented by my collection, almost equally divided between East and West (which I thought was kinda neat, I just followed sculpts I liked and it turned out like that).

Who else has a collection from various regions? Or do you have a more laser-focused one? ;)

#1 RinSetsua, Jun 4, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    2. What about Taiwan haha, we’ve got some BJD studio which making whole dolls or heads by them self, some of them is one person work and they are all amazing :D

3. Such a wonderful collection. I hope I can do the same thing someday.
      All of the child I nourished at this time are from Volks, so they are all Japanese (though I tried to set different nationalities and characteristics for them, the truth that they're all born in Kyoto, Japan.)
      Had a thought to own a child from Korea before, but I didn't dare to do that. Furthermore I think Volks have a big enough collection for me to collect at this time...

4. So far my dolls mostly come from France, but I also have some from China, Korea, USA, and Spain!

5. My list is short- the dolls I have in my collection are from the following countries:

Japan
      South Korea
      China

6. I also like to keep track of where my dolls were made! So far:

CHINA
      FRANCE
      INDONESIA
      KOREA
      THE NETHERLANDS
      RUSSIA
      SPAIN
      THAILAND
      U.S.A.

7. Hmm... Let's see, of all the dolls I've owned, I've had dolls from -
      China
      South Korea
      US
      Russia
      Germany
      France
      I've really had quite the spread! My collection right now is predominately from China and a US/China hybrid.

8. All my full dolls were made in Korea by Korean companies. That wasn't planned, it just sort of happened! Two of my floating heads are from Chinese companies. I really want to get more dolls from other countries, and especially support US-based artists since I live in the US and want to see production for this hobby grow here!

9. My dolls are made in China and Korea. In fact, I also want dolls from other countries, but I don't know where to learn about dolls from other countries.

10. My current dolls are from China, Japan, Korea and I have one by an artist from Netherlands but cast in China. I also have an off topic dog BJD from Russia. I think that’s all I have currently but I have also owned dolls by artists from Spain and US in the past. :)

11. All of my dolls are currently from companies in either China or Korea. I’d love to expand my collection to encompass other countries as well, as there are so many beautiful dolls out there! :love Many of my dolls were secondhand purchases or purchased from vendors, so they’re from different locations as well! I’ve had dolls from the UK, Canada and the US so far!

12. My dolls are mostly from Korea, with a few from China and several from a company in the United States. One of the top dolls on my wish list is from Spain. I'm hoping the artist does another pre-order for her soon, so I can get one!

13. Most of mine originated in South Korea, though some are Japanese.

14. Korea, China, Japan, France, United Kingdom here! I'm really wishing to add a doll from Spain in my family though!

15. I think my dolls are solely from China and South Korea. My babies are mostly from well established companies and those are mostly out east Asia. I don't have any more independent produced dolls yet but that could change in future.

16. Hmm... Japan, South Korea, China, Russia, the Netherlands and the US here.

#16 Brightfires, Jun 6, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    17. For me...

China
      Japan - Aoi Tuki
      Korea
      United States - PhoenixDoll, Stinesculpture, Garmonsway (off topic)
      Mexico - Dollprika
      Russia
      Thailand - Dollclans
      Spain - Artifex Kindred
      Austria - Edelweissculpt
      Australia - Rugged Realism

18. .

#18 Gintsumi, Jun 8, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    19. I stopped shopping for BJD about a decade ago, so most of my dolls of this kind are from mostly six from S. Korea (and a floating head), one from Japan (a Volks DDI) and two from China (plus six MNM heads from DIM, but sculpted by their Chinese team). There weren't that many different artists fromso many different countries making these types of dolls back then, but I am also very particular about the aesthetics of the BJD I purchase; I don't mind other dolls not being exactly what I want or what I would not normally collect (i'mahoarder), but these dolls are a lot more expensive as well, so I have to draw the line somewhere. I always try to stick to the aesthetics I prefer sculpt wise, and they tend to be from companies based on East Asian countries. (: