1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls going off the wishlist

Aug 18, 2009

1. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not that often. My wishlist has remained remarkably stable over the past year.

-What makes a doll go off your wishlist?
      When I buy it.

-Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore?
      Nope. The only doll that has made it off the wishlist thus far was my Dollmore Narsha. I've wanted her for 2 years, and then Dollmore had her cast in NORMAL resin, which enabled me to get her. She isn't the perfect little thing I'd imagined her to be (and finding shoes is a right pain), but I do still like her very much.

2. ... I have not added anything to my wishlist for a while.
      I managed to find most of the dolls on my wishlist. Those I cannot get at all, I just let go and gave up

3. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Well not many even get to my wishlist. But many get OFF the wishlist.

Either the doll gets purchased OR I see the dolls in a particular angle that irks me off. I am quite picky about the shape of the nose and how it looks like in several angles.

-Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      Nope. There was that El which I wanted in one point of time but I had my heart set on a F-16 by Volks so I never quite saved up for him.

4. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      I add dolls to my wishlist every other day--I think it'll take a good $50,000 to get them all off ><
      1.) If I buy her/him 2.) If I don't like them anymore (I'm picky when it comes to boy dolls~)
      -Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      Never happened~

5. This doesn't really work too well with Limiteds, but I make myself wait at least a month before buying a doll to make sure that I won't change my mind once it gets here.

6. When I was beginning in the hobby, I fell in love with just about every doll I saw and a lot of them jumped on my wishlist. As time went on, dolls came and went from the wishlist and I figured that if a doll stayed on my list for more than a month then they were dolls I really would be happy with.

But now there's only one girl on my list and she's been there for a very long time! Hopefully she'll make the transition from "wish" to "got" sooner rather than later.

7. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not very often, actually. I've got a pretty small wishlist. :P
      One of the ones that has recently fallen off my list, was Soom Glot. I loved the idea of a tiny Beryl, that matched my big Beryl, but the character that would inhabit it would be different. I got the chance to play with one at the last meet I attended, and something about him (it was a Gloti) just pushed the idea of one out of my head. Luckily, the character has chosen a second mold. Sometimes it's pictures, other times it's getting to see the doll in RL.
      Nope. Hasn't happened yet.

8. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      that happens alot when I first know about BJDs, at that time I fell in love with so many BJDs (about 5...maybe not many to some people, but I still a poor student), that I put them all on my wishlist. Slowly after that, I learn more about them and got to know other BJD companies... then new dolls go into my list and almost more than half of the old ones go out of my list... as I student, I think I could only have one new doll for each year... so which one to buy is a really hard decision... I brought my favorite boy, and there are 3 more on my list...
      When I found new dolls that I really like, even more than the previous ones, or when I found out the previous dolls have problems (like face up, body mobility)...or they are only too expensive.
      maybe because I just found another doll~
      But I am pretty sure that we my boys& girls arrived at home, the will stay with me forever~

9. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not in an regular increment. Just as my mind changes.
      When I decide I don't want them anymore, I find a better sculpt for the character, or just a sculpt I like more if there is no character in mind.
      Yeah, just happened recently. I had the money and was very close to buying the first of a series of 4 character dolls, and then I decided I'd rather have a DSLR camera. After that, my desire for those 4 dolls dwindled, and now they've all been removed from my wishlist and replaced with others. I think I just realized that I was only really happy with the sculpt I had chosen for one of them, and these are characters that need each other. They may come back someday, but for now I'm sticking to other characters, and I'm okay with it.

10. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Very rarely. I study a sculpt extensively to see whether it's appeal will wear off. Now i'm to a point where I can generally tell if I'm going to need a doll, but I'm also to the point where I feel totally content with my selections. I can't imagine being happier with a set of dolls.

If I am capable of liking another doll more or if the sculpt simply loses its appeal.

No

11. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Pretty much everytime a company I like (soom, Luts etc.) comes up with a gorgeous new doll or when someone on the forum posts a new doll in a way I never before invisioned.

What makes a doll go off your wishlist?
      Sometimes, when the doll is released, I love it, need it etc. etc. but then the novelty wears off or the owner pics come in. Although, I clear out my wish list a lot because I want to keep it small. I have this 'ideal doll family' in mind. I want there to be a point there's nothing I want for a while so I can finish the ones I have, get the right six-month-wait urethane eyes I have to commit to, or the right clothes or modifications.

Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      It's happened time and time again. I've saved up and up to make sure I can afford it right away without complications like debt and stuff, and when I have the right amount, I go to the site and... decide I don't want to commit to the purchase anymore. A lot of my tinies were bought because of this impulse thing. The release of the Littlefee prompted me to get my adorable little Pipi as opposed to the Delf Miyu I was going to buy and had in my cart and everything. Puki Pipi was on my list. I literally went to the site to put it in my cart and make the purchase, when I saw the new Puki Rose full set and bought her instead.

When I first got into BJDs every doll was carefully planned for months, sometimes years. I wouldn't change my mind much and everything that did appeal was always 'maybe one day'. Now I've been into this more than four years, I'm more impulsive. I know that I'm unlikely to loose money in a resale, I know I can fix it if I break it, I know it's okay to change my mind. It's just not a big deal to change my mind anymore.

I like the wishlist though, as it's great for keeping tabs on my goals, not that I stick to them too well ;)

12. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not that often really. I sometimes like, sometimes don't like dolls I see.

Either buying it, or maybe finding user pics and going off it (Sorry Lu Wen.. )

-Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore?
      Yeah. I saved up for a Lu Wen. Saw a particular user pic then suddenly my mind switched off and I didn't want him anymore. Didn't suit the character and I'd been trying to tell myself for weeks that he was right. But apparently not.
      Got Eliya instead >:3

13. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?

I add or remove a doll on average once or twice a month, maybe more if I'm considering multiple molds for the same doll.

Generally owner pictures or mock faceups on pics of blank dolls. If I can't get used to seeing X doll as Y character, I tend to start looking around for other molds.

Usually I find a better sculpt for the character, which is what drives me to change my wishlist around most of the time. Userpics go a long way towards this [as do the varying head/body swaps]

14. I really only have dolls for the characters I have

so the wishlist is just for the perfect matches for my dollies and won't change :3333

I am still searching for other dolls for my character so they have not been added to th elist yet :U

15. I gave up om having a wishlist, because things change sooo often here..
      at the moment I don't have any doll wishes at all, even though I've seen a few I really love, no funds means no wishlist 8)

16. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not that often, since they rarely get on it in the first place.
      Mostly it's because I am only looking for dolls that could represent specific characters, and there are not that many molds around.
      If they do get off, it's usually due to the changes in plans - either having found a better mold / body, or just loosing interest in the character in question.
      Once it was also connected to technical problems.
      Just once - and not the doll itself, but rather getting a body and a head separately. She's still being mused on, but not as eagerly as before.

17. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      All the time, a little too often. I'm very picky and very indecisive! D: So, my wishlist is always changing. The characters are either losing molds or are being completely removed all together >.>;;

Me being indecisive, home pictures changing my mind, and usually just me not liking them as much as I thought I would.

Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?

Actually, no. I have yet to save up for a doll and then change my mind in the middle of doing so. Usually, once I actually start the true savings for them, then I actually get them. But, I have had several times where I change where the funds are going.

18. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      I discover new dollies I like too often and it's a matter of whittling down the ones i love vs the ones i really really really really love for who stays on my altogether too long wishlist. the top ones are there to stay, but there are some that i keep changing my mind about.

When I compare it head to head to a similar doll and the other one wins out. Like i said, my wishlist is waaaay too long so it must be trimmed down.

Not yet.

19. My wishlist has remained pretty stable for quite a while now. When I first started collecting it was much longer but as I acquired the dolls on it new ones often didn't move in. I've been very fortunate to get most of the dolls I've wanted though there are a few that continue to evade me.

There have also been some that were on my list but that I changed my mind about. Generally it was after seeing them very often & I found that simply admiring other folks' examples was enough for me, that I didn't have to own them to enjoy them. And others, of course, were removed from my list once I got them.

So far there haven't been any that I changed my mind about except for a few MSDs & that was after I decided to no longer collect that size & sell the ones I did have.

20. I had a few BJD's on my wishlist when I was new to the hobby. I remember I wanted Dream of doll Libra and Petsha. I guess my taste changed overtime because now they don't seem so interesting to me anymore.