1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls going off the wishlist

Aug 18, 2009

1. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      All the time. I dread and love seeing new dolls appear in the company websites. Mainly I am trying to embody characters I have had for ages but sometimes a boy/girl turns up who I just can't resist. I like having certain dolls on my wishlist even though I know I'll probably never get them. I'm weird like that I guess.

What makes a doll go off your wishlist?
      Usually seeing more owner pics and realizing that they don't really appeal as much as I originally thought. Sometimes they come off and then go back on.

Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      Not yet. But I have been paying a doll off on layaway and realized that it wasn't going to work out between us. Usually because its taken me about a year to actually work out just what I like in male dolls. I still haven't quite worked what it is in female dolls.

2. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      hmm, on pretty often. off very very seldom. you can imagine how long my wishlist is XD

-What makes a doll go off your wishlist?
      when i c another sculpt that is almost similar but differ slightly in a more attractive way to me.(i know it sounds vague. oops~)

-Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      nah.. i have only one bjd at the moment. and you can consider it impulse buying 'coz i saw her in a shop and thought to myself, she's the one! seems like somebody reserved her but didn't want her later on thus she was shipped in but hanging around.. anyway, i reserved her right on that day and slowly paid by instalments. i never regretted having her <333

3. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?

Too often, sometimes there are dolls that keep hanging there and some that just gone for a few days.

Many reasons. Like I don't like their style anymore...their price and how hard to get it...or I'm just simply bored.. Or there are owner pictures that show how ugly they are..or the bad reviews.. And because many new dolls are coming in and seem much more interesting..:doh

-Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?

Well..when I received money from my school I want to use it for buying a Lati Yellow..but I'm very indecisive..and instead of buying a doll me and my parents agree to use it to buy another thing. And now I don't like that mold so much..so I'm not that dissapointed. :sweat

4. There aren't that many dolls that I'll go far enough to say I want want, but those are the ones that go on my wishlist. They usually go off when I have a sort of epiphany along the lines of "oh, the size is wrong" or "this doll is better." I switched from saving for a Dollshe Bernard to a KDF Bory because I had wanted the Bory in the past, and if I got the Bernard, that would most likely be the end of dollhood for me.

5. I had a Dolkot Peya on my wishlist for what seemed like ages.

I took her off recently though. This was because 1) Dolkot has horrible customer service, and doesn't come through on orders. I had a poor experience, but at least I got a whole doll. I can't say the same for many other people that have come after me ordering from their site... 2) Victorian Winter just released their first faery doll, so the Dolkot Peya is no longer on the top of my "fairy" wishlist. In face, in light of Odette being released, I removed Peya completely because I don't think I'll ever want her again as much as Odette or the other Victorian Winter dolls.

6. I'm a waffler, so I have a hard time pinning down what I really want...but as of right now, I think all further SDs are off my wishlist. Unless Bambicrony releases a tan Bellezza somewhere down the line. XD;
      But as I get more MSDs, they seem like a better size for me.

7. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Very rarely, because I try not to look at dolls on the company websites that often! I also try to take more off, rather than add more. xD;; Keep the ones on there that I have solid ideas for, too.

Again, I need to have a solid character for them and stuff. If I don't have some kind of personallity to go along with a doll, I will not buy it. Because then I wouldn't be able to love it as much.

Yeah. Because all four of my dolls came before I had a solid idea for them! Darn me! D< So now I'm thinking about seeling some, doing some over, and so on. Which kind asucks. xD;;

8. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not that frequent, thankfully ^__^ Dolls go on the wishlist when I'm really struck by a strong desire to want them and also if I get an idea for a name and how they would be related to my other dolls just from staring at their pictures. Although there are times when I think "oh, pretty! want that!" and then they also get on the wishlist *lol*

Time: if enough time passes for the want to wane, then I can't justify keeping them on the wishlist any longer. Also, if I figured out that the doll in question isn't really necessary to the narrative of the other characters, then off they go from the wishlist.

Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      So far, not yet.

9. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Umm...pretty often. I waffle between dolls I want for a character a lot, so I go through three or four, sometimes a lot more, sculpts for one character.
      I realize that I don't love it as much as I thought I would, or it doesn't fit the character like I wanted. Or I realize that I really hate the nose on the face XD
      No, not yet. I have, though, saved up for one doll on my list and then bought another. But the original intended buy remains on the list, I just wanted the other one first haha

10. Dolls fairly frequently leave my wishlist--so frequently, in fact, that I don't actually update them anywhere other than a mental tab of "ooh, I liked that doll." The one doll that stayed on my wishlist is the one I now own~ &#9829; I think that, for me, I get enraptured by one person's pictures of a certain sculpt, and start thinking that it would be fun to have one. Then, after a few days or weeks, the novelty has worn off and I don't feel the need to purchase that doll anymore.

11. This doesn't happen much to me... most of the time if I had a doll to my wish-list its because I know I will want it.
      I only add dolls to my wish list when I know exactly what I will do with it (I have tons of personalities for grabs xP)

The only time this happened to me was when I did not get the first doll I wanted to get when I started the hooby (could call it my dream doll).
      I wanted for a certain personality I had in mind and today I am so~ happy for not getting it as after looking at it after a year I find its not what I really wanted to go for.
      After trying to find another doll for the character I found another one and this one really became my dream doll since it was already a doll I really wanted to get before but never finding what I would do with it... now that there is a space in my wish-list this doll took it and I just cannot wait to gt it * 3*
      The body did make me septic about it, but hybridization FTW I'm going to make this one a Frankenstein! xD (Not really... just a lot of different parts together xP)

Other times this could happen is when I get over excited about a doll and after a lot of thinking I find that I could go with something else (less expensive) and off it goes~

12. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?

It depends. Some have been on there since I officially entered the hobby, others are taken off after a few days.

I either find a sculpt I find more appropriate for the character or I realize the doll I had on my wishlist was never suited for said character in the first place (after the initial "OMG! S/he is so awesome!" fades).

No, but I came close. I was on the fence when I bought my MNF Rheia... not because I didn't love her, but because I was torn between two sculpts for the character: her and MNF Ryeon. Both would have worked for the character but emphasized different aspects of her personality. It was hard for me to decide between them, and even I placed my order I kept wondering if I should've chosen the other mold. Now that she's here I am happy I chose Rheia over Ryeon. I still love them both, but Rheia meshes so well with her "peers."

13. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?

Generally, I've in mind the character and search for a doll. So the dolls in my wish list stay for a long time and I buy them at last.

If I find a mold that is better for a character, I usually replces it in my wish list.

No, never. I ponder a lot about what I want and study carefully the better mold for the character (if it exists), so it's very hard I dislike a doll.

14. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Now and then, it depends ont he doll really

It depends. I had a load of tinies on the list for a while, I then got my 70cm boy and relised my doll tastes were definatly at the larger end of the size spectrum and I wouldn't be able to live with lots of tinies. Most if the time its one that are really nice but I just don't want them that much, or I like to see what other people have done with them but wouldn't realy want to own one; Quite a few of the Soom monthlies are like this. There was one that there was two slightly diffrent head sculpts for, one had an open mouth, the other closed; The only one I could get was the open mouthed one which I didn't like, so that one went off the list beacuse of thet.

Not strictly like this, but the list does shift in order of preferance. When I started the doll fund again I though I was set on who I wanted, but I becuase torn between two dolls I really wanted, one of which kind of being my dream doll who I hadn't planned on getting for another year. In the end, they end up switching places on the list and the saving is for the 'dream doll' and 'Ill go for the other next year.

15. Doll's go on and off my wishlist occasionally. It's usually because I've found owner pictures and didn't really think I would want to own the doll anymore. In addition, it's also finding other dolls that appeal me that bump down the doll on my wishlist. The price also factors it in too and possibility of ever owning it.

The company's reputation is also important in deciding whether to keep the doll on my wishlist because I wouldn't want to buy a doll from unscrupulous company, no matter how attractive the doll is. I just don't want to go through the risk of not receiving my doll months after order or something possibly happening to it with the company.

16. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      It varies; it may either be when ever there is a new release, when I regain interest in a company and scope out their dolls, or when it feels like everyone has that doll and I get the urge to.
      But I wouldn't say they go off the wishlist, they just get moved to a different one.

Sometimes it depends on how many dolls are on my list (I'm trying to limit myself to having <20 dolls all together), or because I don't have a want for the sculpt anymore. And since I'm the type of person where 'the doll creates the character,' just because I take them off my list, doesn't mean I completely forget about them ^^"

Yep. This was when I wanted to base a doll off a character of mine. I had planned out most of what I wanted him to have and starting fleshing out his backstory a bit. But as the backstory grew, so did more characters (It turned into a sort of mafia story). I couldn't really handle wanting all of those dolls at once and even thought, 'But when Star gets here, he'll be bored with out all of the others...' So I decided not to get him, because I knew that I'd end up planning to buy him and the rest of his group all at once ^^" And I didn't stick with his character too long. I like him, but not enough to dollify him.

17. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Pretty much all the time.

Hmm... there's a buncha reasons. Maybe that I saw owner pics of them and think they're not for me. Or it's that my tastes has changed and I dont like that genre of dolls anymore.

Havent yet.

18. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      -
      Pretty often, they go off my wishlist more than go on, actually.

-
      Could be because the sculpt turns out to be unsuitable for the character I had in mind after seeing owner pictures, or I had found a better, more suitable mold.

- Yes, it did happened to me when I was saving up for a female BJD. My first, initial choice was a much bigger, mature and sexy girl, but I ended up buying a smaller, sweeter looking one instead, why? I'm not too sure myself, maybe because I find it adorable to see such a small girl clinging on my big boys, like a little sister they never had. :lol:

19. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Most of them go on and leave rather quickly, a week or two. Some stay for a lot longer but those are few and far between I suppose.
      Sometimes it's because I feel the list is too big, sometimes it's financial stress so I downgrade, but most often it's that I've realized that the mould doesn't work as well for what I had planned or that it's one of those dolls I do adore, but should adore from afar and know I would end up selling if I bought it.
      There's been a few dolls I've made a goal of then backed down from buying. Sometimes it's owner pictures showing me traits I didn't realize, sometimes I think you get caught up in the novelty of owning something that is so well loved and talked about by others but when you back off and look without their opinions you realize that it doesn't have that magical effect for you.

20. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      I wouldn't say it happens often because I have a list of my wishlist and then my want but I know I'll never get list.

Usually, they just end up not being so highly wanted anymore. Some of them, they just end up being ones I love to look at and not own.

No ^^;; alot of my dolls end up being splurges to be honest. I'll see one not on my list, their story will pop in my head, and then bam I have them at home haha.