1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls going off the wishlist

Aug 18, 2009

1. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not so often, but it does happen from time to time so that I can keep up with those I am serious about, and those that I'm not ^^;

-What makes a doll go off your wishlist?
      Usually when I've found a much closer candidate for the character I'm looking for. Since I dont really aim for LEs I guess I'm in a "safer" zone XD;

-Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      Oh yes, since i'm such a fickle person DX
      Usually after seeing owner pictures, they tend to lose their initial attraction company photos give to you. Also sometimes unconciously we tend to want what's in trend for BJDs, like how people keep talking about a certain sculpt and such, and psychologically almost everyone is after them or something, I guess I try really hard to avoid that, since I'm hoping to please myself and not what everyone else wants to see ><'

2. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      They go on and off a lot, honestly. I spend a lot of time thinking about a doll before I get one, especially now.

What makes a doll go off your wishlist?
      I've bought and sold a few dolls now, and more or less know what I want and whether or not I love it.. or love it enough to own it. There are plenty of sculpts out there that I love and drool over when I see them, I don't need to own them all however. I'm to a point now, that if I'm not 100% happy with a doll, I usually end up selling it. That said, the dolls aren't the problem, sometimes they just don't fit what I envisioned or I just can't seem to bond. I'm especially picky now because of this.

Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      More or less I just didn't bond with the characters and sculpts as much as I wanted to. Partially, I get overwhelmed sometimes when I feel I have too many dolls, and I just have to downsize my collection. Because of this, I have a hard time keeping a doll on my wish list... I like to think about things a long time, usually months haha.

3. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?

Not that often because my wishlist is quite small really and I take ages to make up my mind... my few impulse buys have been disasters!

Usually size, there are some gorgeous face sculpts that I love but I don't want MSDs anymore and then there are the really tall ones, Sabik for instance, he is so handsome BUT way too tall, I know he will never come to live with us (sob!!!). Also if I see a lot of owners photos that make you realise the sculpt isn't quite as cute as you first thought.

-Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?

Yes, Peakswoods Goldie, I saved up to get her then right at the last minute I had a wobble and bought an "impulse doll" which I am now regretting. It's just that sometimes I see pics of Goldie and her mouth kind of bugs me... otherwise I love her face. I wish I could see a Goldie in real life before I finally take the plunge!

4. Dolls go on and off my wishlist all the time. Usually I put a doll that I'm really interested in on, and then a few months later I'll decide I don't really want it, or the other ones in there I want more, and the extras will fall off because of the combined price of all the dolls. I am also pretty fickle, so dolls I've been wanting for a while can pop off the list because I've decided I don't have to have it as much.

As for saving up for a doll, I've never gotten very far with that. My sister will often extend me credit for a doll if I ask for it, so I don't have a lot of incentive to save, especially since I usually end up spending my savings anyway on things like gas, food, and bills. D: If I do manage to save, I will often back out before I go to buy the doll because of those things that need to be paid. It'll be whittled away and suddenly, I won't have enough anymore.

5. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      They don't ever really go right off the wishlist, they just get moved lower down. Which means my wishlist is rather long, but dolls don't get added that often either.
      Well, as I said they're never right off, but it's just because I found another one I love more.
      Not as such, I was saving for a doll, then saw the one I have and it was a bit of an impulse buy. But since then I've found another doll I want more than the one I was originally saving for.

6. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      A lot. I don't have an exact level of flux, but there's been quite a few that have made it, left it, made it again sometimes, and left again. Right now, though I have a few dolls on my "hell would need to freeze over really solid for" list (the one of older dolls I won't likely find) there's one doll on my "try and garner funds for" list that literally bumped any other doll off the list...for now anyway.

I'm not sure. I think it varies. Taste varies, I get different ideas for what I'd like in my collection. I think I've had a tendency of "bright, shiny object" acquiring and sometimes the dolls just lose their sparkle for one reason or another. In the case of a few, it was the never finding them in the MP or ebay when I had the funds, in the case of one it was the terribly long waiting period. And, there was another where I decided I wasn't that keen on the company's behavior and opted not to bring any of their dolls home. And, more often than not, even though I really love the looks of a doll, somehow I end up feeling they just won't suit my collection in the end.

Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      I tried saving for a few and either spent the money on another doll or ran into an outside financial hindrance. For example, I really wanted a 43cm Narae for a long time. I was obsessed with getting one...then in the time it was taking me to get the funds together, and the length of the wait once ordered, I started to lose interest. Then, outside of that, my tastes shifted and I lost interest in having more mature dolls, especially in that size range. I still love the looks of them, and love seeing photos, but I don't feel the urge to own one anymore.

7. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?

Occasionally. There are definites on my wish list, dream dolls, and then I like them a lot. The like a lot get edited the most.

Owner pictures or seeing the doll in real life make all the difference for me. Seeing something realised can make a huge change to my opinion on it.

No, but I've started to work out a budget for layaway and then realised that I just don't want the doll as much as I thought I did.

8. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Hmm, up until about 2 months ago they changed every week. However once I had a few dolls in my hands I realized which ones I did and did not like, for one reason or another, and I realized which dolls I do like for certain reasons. So currently my wishlist has not changed at all and it's pretty definitive unless another one is made. I like to keep it pretty thin though because I don't want a lot of dolls (personal preference, I prefer few of one thing to many)

Normally for a doll to go off my wishlist I have to have found a doll I like better than the particular doll I take off my list. Once in a while I'd go through my list and thin it down based on how often I remember thinking about the doll. If it had been a while, or I'd forgotten it was on the list, I'd take it off. Since it clearly didn't make as much of an impression as I wanted it to.

No, I have two dolls that passed through my hands that I knew I wasn't fond of after I bought them and before they arrived to me, but never before I actually purchased (would have made my life easier if it had)

9. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      I havent bought dolls yet,becose i cannot choose still^^ some dolls that i desperatly want arent fro sale anymore,and the only chance to get tham is the Secondhand Market,but some of tham stil lare available,but despite this my dollwishlsit changes very often.
      The fact that reality veries from promo-picture.some dolls like Amber disspointed me a little
      Ooh yes!! for one year i was saving up and now cannot decide what to do.The reason of chaniging my mind is still promo-pictures and reality

10. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Quite often... I have a few character ideas in mind and I search for sculpts that might work with them. Some get on, some off the list from time to time. Sometimes I decide that I don't want to have this char as a doll. And sometimes i just think one particular mold is too pretty not to get but then loose interest after a while.
      There are a few dolls I have on there I simply MUST have and never changed my mind about them since I first saw them. Even though I still have no idea about a character concept (MNF Karsh) or too many ideas (MNF El).

As said, sometimes a sculpt simply isn't as appealing anymore and sometimes it does not seem to fit the character as well as before.

Can't really say I decided against that doll, but others came first, and now there is that other character I need to create first and then... well, things got in the way and it will most likely take some time, but I will get the doll some day^^

11. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not much. I didn't have any plan or character in mind. I have limit about family size. So I'm carefully choosing my dolls, I'll choose the one that I feel like "must have".

When I bored with the sculpt and realised that this isn't the right one. But most of the reason is the price. I'm quite worry about this and be sure that it wasn't too much.

No,I haven't. Actually, I just know that I like it or not before the saving up start. I don't want to buy something that I'll feel regret about it later.

12. With my first doll, I had meen wishing for her for at long time, planning, saving and so on.. She had to be the right doll, so I could get into the hobby the right way. :) With other dolls the decision has sometimes been spontanious. For instance, my friend was selling a doll, I played with him, accidentially broke his finger and ended up buying him. xD I hadn't really planned to buy that mold, but he actually fits very well with my first doll. I have bought a head and a body separately to make a hybrid, but unfortunately I lost interest - perhaps because I never really wished for the head, but just got it as a gift, when I bought another doll? Currently I'm planning to get the Narae I always wanted... perhaps my interest will flourish again. n__n

13. Sometimes I'll find a doll I think is perfect, but then I see owner's pictures and it goes off of my wish list because it isn't what i thought it would be, or I'll find something else I really like much better. My wish list fluctuates, but I have some dolls who have stayed on my wish list, despite the difficulty in getting them.

14. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Pretty frequently. Many of the dolls on my wishlist are added as whims, as opposed to anything thought through overly much. I fall in and out of love with sculpts pretty frequently, so there are only a few items on my list that are pretty much permanently on my list.

Faded interest. Or after I see owner pics and decide that the doll isn't quite what I thought it was. Or lack of owner pics.

Not really. But I'm not one to save up... If I have the extra money for a doll I really love, then chances are I'll buy it right then as opposed to saving up over a long period of time. Though I really should put together a doll fund so I don't feel so guilty when I blow all my extra cash on dolly stuff.

15. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not that often. I tend to have two types of doll wishlists. One consisting of dolls that I have fully planned characters for (generally, with the exception of limited dolls, I insist on having a fully formed character before I'll put money down on a doll, it helps keep the numbers down... sorta) and another with dolls that I just find pretty but have no plans for.

Dolls only tend to go off the first list, if I happen to find a different mould that suits the character better, with the second, it changes fairly regularly. Any doll that's been on the second list for ages tends to end up being bumped up to the character list.

Sort of, for ages I've had a dollkot Kiss on my wishlist for one of my characters, Maverick. Recently I was going to order his head from dollkot and in the process of getting the funds together in my paypal, realised as much as I still love Kiss, the mould just doesn't work for Maverick anymore. I ended up putting him on hold until I could find the right doll mould for him.

16. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Fairly often! Probably twice a month?

Sometimes I see a scuplt and think "oh, that's good for this character" and add it. Then I look at it and realize I don't really love that doll, I just think it resembles the character in some way. That isn't enough to buy the doll to me, though, so then that doll gets taken from the list. Other times I get obessed with a company and want a bunch of their sculpts. For example, I wanted like 9 mnf before I cut down my wishlist to the 5 I really, really wanted. Sometimes I see something shiny and new and go "ooooooo I want it!" and then realize a few weeks later that I didn't want it that much, so it gets taken off.

Nah, once I get down to the actually saving it's pretty much go time. However, before I took the plunge for my first doll, I saved up the full amount for her three times before I went for it :lol:

17. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      ---It's hard for me to even really put a doll on the wishlist. So once they're on, i usually leave them on for a solid chunk of time before i decide not to get them.

---If I look more at it and don't like it, if I find a doll I like better that fits whatever character I have in mind. If I just decide I don't need it.

-- Nope. never happened to me. ^_^

18. It happends to me all the time! i have only one doll that is still on my wishlist and he is soldout some time ago...

19. Usually when dolls disappear from my wishlist, it's due to the simple fact that they don't look like the character they are intended for any more. Sometimes I'll just see something that could pull that character off easier, or the character will change in some way.

20. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      For a while, while I was sorting through what I did and didn't like, my wishlist was changing a lot. After getting my second doll, there was a list for a while, then I pretty much cleared it. I have a few characters I would like as dolls, but I don't have the desire to keep dolls on a wishlist for me. Both of mine were bought their first days of release, so I find the lists pretty unreliable for me.
      As above, I find making a list a really unreliable way to predict what I'm going to buy. It's really a love it/buy it first time I see, or probably not at all.
      Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this? I saved up and had a good handful of dolls I was interested in, but I wasn't saving for any particular one. While I was still deciding (and the money I had saved was sitting there long enough for a year's worth of interest) Fairyland officially released the Carl mold, and I pretty quickly decided on my girl. I'm happy with both my dolls, as close as to prepared-impulse buys as they may have been, so I no longer worry about the list. Just going to build up money to keep in there to use if I ever feel like it again.