1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls going off the wishlist

Aug 18, 2009

1. dolls come and go on my wish list ALL the time. and often i save up for a doll, and at the last minute i decide not to buy it.
      sometimes its because i had negative comments... OR because at the last minute a found a doll (usually limited or on the market place) that i decided to get before since its my only chance to

2. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      At the moment, quite a lot. I'm an indecisive person by nature and I'm even worse with something that means so much and costs a fair amount.

What makes a doll go off your wishlist?
      Sometimes it's owner pictures looking completely different from company pictures (I always make sure to find owner pictures- I want to know I'll love my doll from every angle), hearing about the quality or just looking at the doll and realizing I could do without them and/or that there are others I like more.
      Often it can be a character changing in my mind, or realizing that the doll isn't quite right.
      Lots of things can put me off a doll!

Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      Yes and no. I've saved up for a doll and put off buying it before because I wasn't sure if I was that keen, but ended up getting them and loving them. I've also saved up for a doll and then decided not to get them. It's mainly because of the amount of money I think very deeply about them before buying them- then I realize some of the things on my 'off the wishlist reasons'.
      As I said, I'm indecisive so more often than not I end up keeping my money and not getting the doll. Sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I really regret it later, but I'm always glad I thought about it

3. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      A few times a year I think :lol:

Either a change in preferences or I find another doll that I like a lot better.

Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      I have! I realized that I liked the doll's overall look (complete with default wig, outfit, etc) more than the sculpt on its own.

4. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Often! I'm one of those people who have fleeting "Eee!" moments then go "Ew" xD
      So even if it's just for a week or so, it still happens often.

-What makes a doll go off your wishlist?
      They don't look as nice as I originally thought or there's something about them that bugs me... Sometimes they go off because I find a better doll to fit the character that I want.

-Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?
      Well, I never go off and specifically save for a doll... Usually I accumulate money and realise I have enough, then think about buying. So no, this hasn't happened before. (Yet D: )

5. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?

My wishlist changes pretty often. I'll see a particular owner's doll and get a little infatuated with it, then lose interest after awhile. The ones that stay on the wishlist are the keepers. ;)

When I look at dolls I can get very caught up in how beautiful they're presented, how pretty their faceup is and how well they're dressed, that I forget that I have a very specific aesthetic that appeals to me. Every time I've tried to be adventurous and stray away from this aesthetic I've always ended up not loving the doll as much as the ones I have that do follow that aesthetic, and the doll gets sold. For instance, a lot of Soom monthlies really enthrall me when they come out, but I remind myself that I already have a Soom monthly that I'm getting another body for because I can't bond with him the way he is. If I know I will end up disliking a doll once it's here, why bother?

-Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this?

This is a particular thing that I don't think has ever happened to me. Usually when I see a new doll I want, I don't just have the funds laying around to buy it. So by the time I do have any money saved up, I've already gone through the critique process, the whole "It's eyes aren't big enough! It isn't youthful enough! It doesn't look enough like a bobblehead! Blahblahblahnitpick!" thing I do. XD

6. Well... I recently went through a period where I added several dolls, then would remove them again.
      That happened every few days. I currently have a more permanent doll wish list now.
      I'm always looking for reasons to make it so I don't have a lot of dolls on my wishlist.
      Right now, I'm down to four on the wishlist. I have one pending to be on the permanent wishlist.

I really don't want more than 10 dolls just because if I get to that point, I wont ever stop buying more...
      I'm actually trying to make so my total dollie count is 7 at most.
      So I usually try to look for as many reasons as I can to take dolls off my list.
      I usually don't have a full character set when I get interested in a doll, so yeah, one less of a problem.
      The ones on my list I've fallen in utter deep love no matter how hard I try to get rid of their status on there.

7. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      pretty often.

owner photos mostly, that make me realise the sculpt i wanted wasn't the most suitable, or that another sculpt fit my character better. the fact that i want some sculpts but will probably never buy them also end up in them being taken off the list.

yes! hahaha. i kind of did this for both my dolls. though for the first, it was cos i decided to buy another character first (hence the sculpt change). the second was for the character dennis, which i intended to be a crobi lance, only to at the last minute realise that the sdf blissthat was being sold on the marketplace was more suitable for my character. it wasn't that i didn't like lance, just that bliss fitted the character better. the other reason was partly cos of the awesome faceup that came with my bliss head. :/

8. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Not very often right now. I think I've finally seen most of the dolls that are out there. XD; So I've solidified my idea of what I want, pretty much.

If I realize my wishlist is getting too fat, and if a doll just doesn't have a unique factor to it that really makes it stand out from the others on my list, it goes off.

I haven't. But there are a few dolls on my list that I don't know if I'll get just cuz they're so expensive (like the Dollshe) but that I still really like and are unique, so they get to stay for now.;;; But I might end up not getting them later, even if I eventually have the money.
      Really there's only one doll I'm SURE of on the list. XD;; (And one or two I know I'll never be able to get, that I won't even save for. They're just there cuz I love them.)

9. Once I buy a doll I keep it most of the time. I try not to sell it. When it's on my wish list I'll try to save for it.

10. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      - there's really no frequency or infrequency of dolls going on and off wishlist. Every once in a while it happens sometimes more often, sometimes less.

- Sometimes I find a doll that is very similar that I like more. Sometimes I just find that my aesthetic taste changes. When I first got into the hobby I expected to have all boy dolls, mostly gay, and most of them fairly effeminate. Now? I have all girl dolls and the couple guys I want are really super epically manly (some straight and some gay)

- Yes! I really wanted a MNF Shiwoo, and as much as I love the MNF A-line muscular body his face was so childish and girly that I realized that I didn't love him as much as I thought. I still want the A-line muscular body eventually but I need to find a head I like first!

edit: by time a by a doll, i'm usually sure I want it. but if I discover we're not bonding, I have no problem selling. I think, especially with this hobby, that if you don't bond with a doll, there are many other people out there who would appreciate having the doll. This isn't a hobby where you don't put your pleasure first!

11. Hello ^o^

-How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?

Very often almost every week *_*

They no longer seem appealing to me or there's a flaw that I find in their design.

No, since I make my choices very carefully ever since the incident I had with my first
      doll :(

12. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      Fairly often. They go on much more quickly than they go off;;

This happens when a doll is ridiculously expensive, my tastes change, or I find another doll that is similar but that I like more. I used to have an Iplehouse Freeszia on my wishlist but I didn't like the eye shape or the body. When I found Napidoll's Chesi I removed Freezia because the are similar in expression but I like Chesi more and I can choose Chesi's body.

Not yet, but it will probably happen.

13. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist? What makes a doll go off your wishlist?
      Not very often. Just when I find out that it's a limited doll and I can't afford it.

Never happened to me.

14. For this very reason I have two wishlists. One is the 'waiting' list. These are dolls that I'm definitely getting, have the characters for and I'm literally just waiting, but this molds might change if I find a better sculpt for the character. Then I have my 'maybe' list. These are usually dolls that I think look nice but I'm not sure about. Migidoll Cho is on there because I'm not thinking of a character for him yet but I'd like to have him in the future. Souldoll Hye is there because I like her expression but it's difficult to find a style that really suits her. If I find a character that sticks for them then they'll go on the waiting list, but dolls get put on there and go off all the time depending on if I go off the dolls. So that one is much more active.

Really, the difference is the dolls that ARE coming home and the dolls that MIGHT be coming home.

15. How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      It was pretty frequent before but now I know what I really want. I had searched high and low for a really appealing mature female face and body sculpt. I've had DoD, Souldoll and Luts get on my list and removed until I settled on an Oasisdoll Natalie.

Often times it was because I didn't like how their joints looked or the proportion of the head compared to the body (too small or too big).

I haven't run into this problem yet XD;

16. It happens, yes, but not too often.

Once I settle on a sculpt for a character I have a hard time changing it, so everything that goes on my wishlist usually stays there for a while.

The only reason why they go off is normally that I find different dolls that can represent characters that are more important to me and / or make more sense in the current storyline.

17. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist?
      They go on and off every few months or when I feel like updating.
      Just like spring cleaning when I revisit sites and see new arrivals. Also I tend to ask myself if I really want that doll and would it fit the character in my head. So in the end, almost half gets deleted and another new batch of dolls take its place xP
      Yes., actually I was planning to purchase from Doll Family but I ended up changing my mind at the last moment. In other words, I didn't favor his sculpt as much as the other one. I thought I would regret it because I had two dolls in mind and the other was my dream doll. Ive already planned to get my dream doll so I didn't hesitate to get him instead. Since then I have no regrets.

18. I have an odd experience with wishlists. The first time I got into BJDs, I had 8 on there. One year later, I had 29, then 31, then 40, then 51, all in the course of a month! Then I stopped myself because I realized I couldn't remember any of them anyway. So I started getting rid of them. It was easy the first 30, but it got harder as I went into single digits, especially when I realized I don't want more than 2, let alone 4 or 6. THEN it was really hard. But once they're off my wishlist, they don't come back. Only one came back, but that was for a very special reason: I wanted a girl doll. Hope my wishlist stays intact after this.

-How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist? Any doll not Iplehouse Vito is always in danger, unfortunately. It used be a every few days type of thing, since I looked at dolls daily, but now the last few changes have been weekly.
      -What makes a doll go off your wishlist? I don't love all the angles of it, it's not versatile, it's not my type, it doesn't inspire 100+ love in me, it doesn't look good with Vito, I just can't see myself playing with it, I don't wanna spend that money on it - lots and lots of reasons. And when I was down to 3-4 dolls, it was just that I got bored of them. The last doll I crossed off was one that I thought I never would, but I just got bored of it, and wanted a girl doll instead. So now it's one boy and one girl.
      -Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this? I'm saving up for dolls in one big go, so my reasoning for one wanting a doll is the same as the reasons that it comes off my wishlist.

19. -How often do dolls go on and off your wishlist? Not too often I usually wait till I see something I really love before considering it, I spend a lot of time comparing different dolls, and deciding which is really the one I want to start saving for. I try to take things one at a time.
      -What makes a doll go off your wishlist? Sometimes it is the cost, but most of the time it is if I see something else I like even more. Right now I am really going for a certain body style, so I decided my original choice wasn't for me, and have now switched to saving for a different doll.
      -Have you ever saved up for a doll and then decided (before you bought it) that you didn't like it as much anymore? What was the reason for this? I have, when I bought my first doll, a ringdoll, I was originally going to buy a AOD doll. The ringdoll I wanted was no longer available so I had saved for the AOD. When I saw the ringdoll on ebay I bought him instead. That was actually a day before I ordered the AOD doll.

20. I don't really have a very big wishlist but I have changed my mind a couple of times about dolls I had on it. Mainly it's because my tastes have changed since I got into BJD's and dolls that may have appealed to me at one time don't appeal as much anymore.