1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls that come in pairs?

Jul 23, 2007

1. I wonder if anyone knows if any companies sell dolls in pairs other than DoD?

My mother in law wants a doll and I like to buy a pair and we could have one of each ^^

However I'm very put off by the DoD wait.

Anyone know??

2. some companies will sometimes release in pairs for events (like the last Bambicrony special was 2 dolls) or some (like Luts) will sell a body with 2 heads in which case you can add another body for 2 dolls.

Other than that I've seen pairs made but they're generally sold separately.

3. What size are you looking for?

I know that Dollzone has the BB sized dolls, which are like Yo's that come in pairs.

Like rillystar said, some Luts dolls come with Sleeping/Opened eyed dolls which could be made into a pair. Other than DOD I haven't actually seen many pairs.

4. Yes, if you're looking for any size, Babmbicrony has a pair thing I think. ^^

The DoD wait puts me off too (4 months for my pair!) but if it's MSD you're looking for, unless you want to buy a second body from Luts, I think it might be your only option ^^;

5. Thanks for the info everyone!

I was thinking more mini size, since my mum is hoping to make clothes to sell in this size ( right now her talent is wasted because she's got nothing to sew!)

But I also think she would like a tiny too...I'm gonna to look at bambicrony now.

6. Why do you want a pair? Like a boy and a girl? I think DOD may be the only place that really has a pair of opposite-sex minis, and I believe they are nicely discounted over two separate dolls.

Carolyn

7. you could always get a minifee special from luts and buy and extra body :) in either gender

8. There was a new company that was offering this deal (boy and girl) in the news section. I can't remember the name of the company and I can't seem to find it again.

Anybody have a better memory than mine?

9. I did a quick search in news and couldn't find anything obvious except other pairs of DOD/DOC dolls.

Here's a different qustion you might ask - are there any other companies that keep DOD minis in stock so a long wait can be avoided? I really thought one of the US retailers used to stock them, but I cannot find them at dollsandfriends, denverdoll, or bjdollarama.

Carolyn

10. Thanks for all the help, I think I might just get two dolls from the same company.

I really like how DoD sell dolls in pairs, it's so sweet.

If I get more info, I'll edit the top post to include links so this thread will be useful for people lookng for the same thing ^^

11. I know nothing of minis (besides DoD) but I know of SD's that get sold in pairs. Like Soom's Namu- Voice of Angels and Angell Studio's Cain and Monica though these last ones seem to be sold out for now n.n; .

12. Custom House sells dolls in pairs too every once and awhile. They are generally fairly priced too and sell out quickly. I know My sage was part of a set or two girls. If keep checking back you might be able to get one. Personally I am not disappointed. Sage is amazing. I highly recommend pairs from custom house.

here is a link to custom house for you.
      http://ainai.com/renew/en/main/

13. Cherish Doll sells in pairs, too. They have Alley and Lani being sold together, but they are tinies. Leeke also has a tiny set.

14. And really, you dont need to buy something sold as a pair. You just need to find 2 dolls, from the same company that you like and order a set. This way you both get a doll that you love and if you want them to look similar, then you can pick two dolls that share a look, get matching wigs and clothes for them.

CH offers free shipping over 500 so in a way, its like buying a pair. Other companies sometimes come up with buy this one get that one for a discount sales now and again that could work. Sets are not normally a huge deal compared to buying single dolls so if you are looking from a price perspective it wont really help. And with a set already put together, you and your mom would both have to like pair and have a different favorite in the pair for it ti work.

15. Selmada- I think that is the way I will go. Sounds like the best way to do it. ^^