1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls that look like people you know?

Sep 29, 2016

1. With so many different companies and sculpts, it's no surprise some of them would have looks similar to those we know in real life! For example: the Iplehouse Leona looks like my friend Sarah; this Luts sculpt awkwardly reminds me of an ex; my childhood bestie has a similar face to the Fairyland Scarlett.

How often do you scroll through the forums or sales pages and see dolls that look like people you know? Or even just features that remind you of a friend or family member? I'd definitely be interested to know if this happens to you all as well! :kitty2

2. There was this hand made doll that look EXACTLY like a girl I knew from school. It put me off a bit because we weren't friends at the time and I was envious of her of her social status.
      We became friends later and she's know I'm really into dolls but I could never find that girl again to show her. She even had some professional pictures done that made her look even more like a doll.
      I guess with how many dolls there are it makes sense to have some dopplegangers around :p

3. I just sold my Hypermaniac Ishta because from some angles, she looked exactly like one of my cousins who bullied me when I was little. :sweat And I once did a photoshoot of my Dollshe Hound that wound up looking just like a guy I loved madly for several years. Those are the only two eerie-resemblances to people in my own life, though.

It's not quite the same thing, but I'm convinced that Iplehouse had Sugar, the character that Romola Garai played in The Crimson Petal and the White, in mind when they sculpted and costumed Grace: The Addiction. The Grace sculpt resembles Garai more than a little, and Grace's gorgeous Victorian costume is a dead ringer for one that Sugar wears in the series.

#3 Cynthia in FlintHills, Sep 30, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    4. Oh, I have one! I bought an AprilStory Minggu on a whim, and when it arrived, it reminded me so much of a tiny little girl that had been in my classroom that I had to name the Minggu after her. XD I even gave my Daphne the same sort of wispy, thin baby fluff white-blonde hair.

Iplehouse Coco looks *exactly* like a little boy from that same class, who I later babysat. He even had the same way of sticking his tongue out!

5. I've got a long-distance friend who Iplehouse's Bianca looks dead-on like. I mean, the more human version (not that this particular friend wouldn't love looking like the demonic vampire version). Down to her owning some eerie pink contact lenses, her wardrobe, and the fact that, when the Addiction Bianca came out, she had this cloud of very rococo pearly white-grey hair. Had she been a doll friend, I would have sent her a link, it was just...

Like, on the one hand the idea of owning one half-creeped me out and on the other hand I half-wanted to get it? But it would be weird to have a little resin replica of a friend, and rude to have one of just ONE friend and not every other long-distance friend on the same sort of friendship tier.

6. A few months ago I was on one of Soom's sites, and their release for that month happened to look a lot like one of my cousins. The eerie (and hilarious) part: he even had the same name! Brett.:o I had to show him to my mom to point out the uncanny resemblance!:mwahaha