1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls you don't like/play with as much

Apr 5, 2012

1. I feel guilty for my first doll, a SD boy, for whom I didn't buy clothes for like over a year. But I pitied him so much I had to order something for him, too, at last.

Then I have one boy doll of each size (SD,MSD,YOSD) so they are so "different" for me I cannot really tell, but I have a tendency to prefer my littlest one, right now.

For the girls I have two SD heads, and I like one very much and the other one I'm like ya what ever. It's bad right now. I don't want to sell her because she is an important character and the mold is perfect for her maybe it gets better when I'm going to get her an awesome body, but maybe it's just "normal" to have favourites.

2. I'm crazy about all my dolls. When I'm super busy and have no time to play with them, they function very nicely on their own as a very cool collection of interesting dolls. I never feel guilty; I just wish real life would stop interfering with my fun.

3. Can't say that I feel even remotely guilty about the way I divide my attention amongst my crew. I'm not one who feels that dolls need to be played with in order to enjoy them. A couple of my boys have been set up in 'just the right outfit', posed in their own corner of the doll cabinet and just sit there until I feel the desire to perhaps change their position, or rarely, their clothes. Others get dressed, poked and prodded and dragged out for the occasional photoshoot on a regular basis - and I love them no more or less and my cabinet boys.

Each one of my boys are fully succeeding in their sole task of bringing me pleasure, whichever way I have them go about it. I see no need to feel obligated to treat each doll in the same manner, nor feel neglectful in being unable to do so. It's pretty safe to say that, being resin dolls, they don't care one way or another. ^^

4. I have no storyline for my dolls, but I do have dolls that are more 'eye candy' and others that I am more hands on with. The eye candy dolls are generally my larger, more mature sculpts, and I usually keep them in their boxes and buy clothes for them as opposed to make their clothes, but I don't feel guilty or the need to sell them. Whether or not I sell a doll depends on how I feel about them, not whether or not they're being played with (i.e., fondness for my dolls is not directly related to the amount of time I spend with them).

5. Sounds like half of my dolls >< My DD and an off topic doll usually get a lot of love (outfits made for, on display sometimes) and my two BJDs...not so much D: I used to give all my attention to my Bluefairy, but recently not so much. I think if I customize him in some really cool new way, I'll fall in love again. My Miyu used to be the favorite, but I never really "tried" for her. Like, I enjoy taking the time to make my Dollfie Dream new clothes and stuff, but Miyu, not so much.

6. This is so true. I don't pay much attention to one of my Shiwoos, but I can't bear to part with him because he's a twin to another doll I adore and I put so much work into his tattoos. But recently, I've found that it had more to do with his style than because I don't like him. I got him a couple of deathmetal tees, put him in skinny jeans and a black wig, and OMG. He's the Azri I always wanted.

Now if I just had the extra money to revamp his entire wardrobe.

7. I have only one doll that I haven't gotten into. I got a Kaye Wiggs tan Lillie elf which is a YoSD. Because I hadn't had a doll that size since I was a kid, I didn't think about how difficult she might be to dress or photograph. My SD and MSD girls are fine, but I just don't enjoy this little one - primarily, I think, because of her size.

8. I play with Quinlan the least. He's my most unique head so I'm worry about his well-being the most.

Strangely, Niccolo, my next most rare doll I play as normal with him.

9. I have a family of 5 off topic BJD's that don't get any play at all. They look great together on thier shelf, but I think they have turnned into very expensive ornaments unfortunatly.

10. I have two dolls, but only one of them gets any attention. The other one is boxed, waiting. I don't feel bad about it though.

11. I have one doll who I sold at one point and then bought back from the seller when she was selling because I had regrets over selling him at first.... he aesthetically doesn't fit in with the rest of my dolls, and I really don't pay much attention to him at all compared to the others, but I can't bring myself to let him go again. He's not one of my favourites, even, but I originally bought him with money I'd gotten for graduating highschool... and so it's more sentimental value than anything.

Buying him back, I'm probably less attached to him than I was the first time, but I'm going to try to find him a new look this year (when I have money to spare on BJD things!) and see if that helps me renew my love for him at all.

12. It's a matter of wear and tear for me. As much as I would love to play with and carry them around all the time, doing that may somewhat damage the doll, its wig, clothes and eyes. Considering the price I pay for them, I can be quite OCD about keeping them as pristine as possible because I like keeping my things in good condition regardless if I intend to keep them or not. But that's just me.

13. Since I have many dolls I spend time on two or three dolls for a while and then move on to two or three others. That way I get to do whatever I like with all my dolls at a relaxed pace. The thought of having all my dolls out all the time freaks me out.
      My rotation system means that some dolls may spend a whole year in a box. I don't mind. When I unpack that doll it kind of feels like doing a box opening (and it's 100% free!). ;) I don't feel guilty about it as I've learned this works the best for me. Fretting about not spending enough time on all my dolls would make me unhappy, so I don't worry about it.

14. Eh. I have favourites, and those favourites get more things and generally have their picture taken more. When I feel like giving the others attention, I do so. If it means I haven't done anything with a doll for 3 months, oh well. I still like owning it.

Now, when I come to actively dislike a doll or start thinking about it in terms of how much money it's worth, then I sell it and buy something new.

15. Dolls like that at my house end up getting total-identity transplants. :sweat

16. My first BJD was SD size and my second a YoSD. I went on to get more SDs and MSDs and am finding that the little YoSD is not getting much attention. I've changed wigs and have purchased and made her several outfits, and she's just not getting it for me.
      I don't do stories with my dolls. They're my girls and I'm their mom. Or maybe that is my story with my girls. Anyway, after recently purchasing another wig and making another dress without feeling anymore attached to her, I am thinking she needs to go to someone who will appreciate her more. I don't feel guilty in any sense. It just seems pointless to have her here where she is unappreciated when I could sell her to someone who would want her and use that money to get a girl who I would appreciate more.

17. It's silly, but I play with my less expensive dolls more. I'm not afraid of accidentally damaging them (even though I'm super careful with all of them). It would be more devastating to have one of my Sooms yellowed or became damaged in some way compared to my Migidoll Miho, and that feeling is soley based on their price. I love them all equally, but I feel I have bonded more with my Migi. I hope to change that and take my more expensive dolls out.

18. I don't have this problem because I only have one character doll and I have a twitter account for him, so he is rarely far from my mind. My other dolls are on a rotation basis. I only take out my Sard to do maintenance or just look at him because of his body blushing, so he gets less 'attention' than the others, but this still happens on a regular basis, and the last two, who are more portable, get out all the time. If I'm going through a phase where I'm burned out on dolls, then I won't touch any of them for maybe a month, but when it picks up again, all of them get roughly the same amount of attention.

19. I started the hobby collecting Pullips, and I thought I would be never interested in BJDs. Obviously I was wrong, now I'm caught in the BJD passion and I must admit I've been neglectful of them....noe it's all about my MSD and Hujoo and how to do my first face-up on them! Poor Pullips :(

20. I've gother the problem with Eva :X. I'm scared that if i play with her, her other set of feet are going to break. though, i have heard that Iplhouse feet are bad for breakage so Im hoping as I get her stringd i will forget that