1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls you have no idea what to do with?

Jun 21, 2012

1. Yup. My very first doll. I kept her for almost four years because she was so beautiful and I always thought I'd regret selling her so I tried and tried to figure out who she was or at LEAST what she liked to wear, but she never told me... I never even gave her a proper name, I just never thought of anything more fitting than a 'temporary' name, so it stuck. But it wasn't her​. Now she's with someone who is hopefully giving her the love I never could...

2. I don't know what to do with my SO Chalco for example. I wanted brown tan Dia-boy so much, but [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]missed him. I thought that BT Chalco would be nice [/FONT]replacement for him. But he isn't (( And now he lives in a box. I noticed: do not buy anything you don't really want.

3. I have a doll that I have no idea what to do with, a tan PKF Ante I purchased for a certain character, but it didn't really fit and now I've been dithering back and forth if I should seller her or not. On one hand she's no use to me atm, but on the other hand I don't want to let go, in case I find a character for her down the lone. And she is just soo stinking cute!

4. I also have a doll I don't know what to do with, to be honest he is the only BJD I have bought and I've had him for over 3 years now. I wanted to give him face ups and such but I ended up never getting round to that, I felt scared that I might do something wrong and end up permanently staining the resin or causing some kind of damage - I got a bit freaked out when I first bought him after reading about all the things you shouldn't use on your doll and decided to avoid doing anything all together, just in case. I also used to sew outfits for him but I have always been terrible at it no matter how much I tried! So I ended up just buying clothes for him and stopped trying to sew. I've wanted to commission a face up and buy a new wig and new clothes for him but I just can't afford it and now he's kind of just sat as a decorative ornament in my house and I'm not sure what to do with him, I don't think I've really even picked him up over the last year or so other than to clean around him, sadly.

5. Have you tried looking for another doll? Maybe he needs a friend or a lover or even a new home. Maybe he's not the one for you anymore. When I first joined the hobby, everyone said the same thing, "buy the doll that you fall in love with."

You can also try getting him a faceup, that might help you with a personality. There are a LOT of faceup videos on youtube as well as LOTS of tutorials right here on DoA. My Crew usually have their faceups painted with things like watercolor pencils and chalk. Just don't get anything with oils in it. Most stains can be easily gotten out with a magic eraser. If not, then even a light sanding usually works. Believe it or not, resin is a lot more resilient than many people think.

Sewing takes time. Again, there are a LOT of sewing tutorials here on DoA as to how to do simple things. Its a "practice makes perfect" activity. Maybe you need to hand sew instead of using a sewing machine. It takes longer, but (I feel) that it makes the outfits' seams stronger as well as easier to take apart when you mess up. Read some of the sewing threads and don't be afraid to ask questions in them. I belong to a hand sewing thread, and we help each other all the time!

But then again, there's nothing wrong with having a pretty ornament too if that's what you want. Good luck. ;)

Ryu

6. I just ordered Salome from freakstylebjd. I don't have a clue about what to do with her when she gets here! She is The wrong size for both my MSD collection/ characters and for my SD collection/ characters. She just had such a unique and lovely sculpt and I couldn't pass on her in light tan! Add to this the fact that I will probably have to sew all of her clothes myself and she is such a blank slate. I am excited though!

7. I have what I affectionately refer to as my "box of shame" which at present contains 2 bodies, 2 odd heads, 8 pair of Val Zeilter shoes/boots and 6 outfits from Connie Lowe and Phantom Creations. I can't part with it because as soon as I do I'll need it for another doll. As everything is ooak I'll never be able to replace it, shoes and outfits anyways. It's a giant box of guilt! But it's my guilt and no one else gets to play with it! Insert evil laugh ;)

8. I finally have a doll, or part of a doll I have no idea what to do with.

I bought a FL Nanuri '08 because I needed the girl body for another one of my dolls. I love the head and the faceup, but it doesn't fit into any of my storylines. So it is going to reside in The Headbasket until I figure out the next step with it.

Ryu

9. I received a super cute MSD event head from Luts and felt compelled to turn her into a character.... only I didn't have a character for her, so I made one up. I don't feel like she ever really worked out, as cute as she is. I still have her, but I'm thinking about selling her, or doing something else. Possibly using her body for another character and selling the head.

Now I've decided that I won't have any MSD fantasy dolls because it didn't work out. She was the oddball out, and I'm sure that didn't help her case!