1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls You Love But Will Never Own

Feb 16, 2023

1. Like half of the dolls Souldoll has made. They're very pretty but do not pose well/in a way that I like and I find them very frustrating to work with overall. Which is a shame, since I stalked them for about ten years before getting my first BJD!

2. Volks Kasumi :blush I own only Yo-SD version of her. And I just can't afford SD doll :chibi

3. I love the DOD dolls so much (specially DOC dolls) but the company was totally gone long time aga and it is too hard to see them :( I got scamed few weeks ago for trying to buy dod dolls.. after that tbh I almost gave up.. sad

4. Any SD sized dolls, honestly, even though I absolutely adore some sculpts. It's mostly because I don't want to add yet another size to my collection and have to buy a whole bunch of new clothes for just one new doll.

5. sd+ dolls... girls over 60cm and boy over 75cm. So many sculpts there are so amazing though *-*

6. Volks Reisner the Scarface is pretty much my grail doll, and will probably always be because even though he does pop up for sale from time to time, I refuse to pay $3k+ for any doll. XD

7. gosh so many SD guys and gals, i keep telling myself NO to them simply because i'd have no room for big dolls but if a CP Delf Dambi ever came up for sale... ooo i'd be tempted! have always love that boy's beautiful sculpt. other than those, the oni girls from studio bitamin/kannyan - pricey pricey secondhand which is why i'll never own them :pout:

8. Some of the fantasy Soom and Fairyland sets take my breath away but I have never been personally tempted to buy any mostly due to space! Also any dolls over 70cm. Very inpressive but a bit too big for me personally!

9. My friends' dolls!! For some reason they're never for sale :?

10. Fatemoons' newest BJD, Mu Dong. She's a mermaid. I like her and everything but what would I do with her? I'd probably get upset with her 90cm size and sell her to be honest. It's bad enough I'm getting a trinity and a moonlit wonder merman and I have to put them somewhere!

If I have a character in mind then that's a different story but with her I don't and I'll just settle with oogling from a far with other people that get her.

Also any BJD that's below a 1/4. They're cute, but what would I do with them? I had SDYo sized dolls in the past and I sold them off because I just don't like the size anymore. So instead I'll look at them and go "that's cute" and look at other people's dolls at meetups or online but that's as far as I'll go.

11. YoSD dolls!! I love all those tiny, itty bitty babies so much, and so many of them are to die for, they’re just so cutely sculpted! But I just know that I wouldn’t enjoy their small size and would find them difficult to paint, too. So I just admire other people’s tiny dolls! :blush

12. Ringdoll Gain. One of my Holy Grails.

When this doll was available, I did not have the savings capital to purchase him.

He was a limited collab release too, only quantity 10 were made.

Maybe at some point I can email Ringdoll directly and see if they are willing to take the request, but because the doll is a little bit older at this point, I’m pretty convinced it’s discontinued which sucks.

Maybe I can find him someday in a 2nd hand market, but I’m 90% confident because of his rarity and circumstances being a rare collab doll with another artist I will never get him, unfortunately.

It’s not even a matter of buying him because I have the money now, I just think his availability is too far gone. Heart breaking!! :( lol

#112 ILYAVI, Nov 21, 2023
      Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    13. Yo-SDs and smaller. I love the way people style them, I love how portable they are, I love the low barrier of entry for making/buying diorama pieces for them, etc. However, I owned one for a few years and I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy her the way I enjoy bigger dolls, so onward she went!

14. Soom 75 males! Most of them are so gorgeous.:abambi:

15. Dollmore Lusion doll 80cm

I mean they a adorable. It would be great fun to dress them up in cute kid outfits and pose them doing cute little kid stuff. They'd be pretty easy to shop for. I already have a reborn toddlers that I made from official kits, I think they are even bigger then some of those. My reborn toddlers are on a bench in the dining area, and I have no idea where I would put one of the Dollmore Lusion dolls, I wouldn't want it getting broken. I bet they would be really heavy to lift and carry, but the posability would be awesome, so much better then my reborns.

For the time being at least, I am just going to admire them from afar.

16. so so so many dolls i find are so beautiful and cute that I consider wanting but i know they wont fit me or my collection.. But mostly the really large dolls 70+, and dolls that are very muscular .. they are beautiful and i appreciate the look and details on the muscle sculpts but i dont really think they fit into my asthetic or collection. but i love seeing them in owner photos and on instagram. :)

17. I doubt I'll ever find my cute little grail, Dollzone Keai :atremblin
      The doll I'm most bonded with is my DZ Miyou (unexpectedly, seeing as I started out collecting minifees and not silly little anime boys, but here I am ahaha).
      I'd pay a genuinely stupid amount just to get ahold of a Keai head so Miyou could be united with his lil buddy and his sweet lil face. I have an extra body waiting around just in case I ever DO find him. Buuut I've been looking everywhere I can imagine for months and have seen every anime-style DZ YOSD various times except for him.

Other than that . . . EH! There are tons of dolls that are gorgeous but just not the size/style I love best, so I'll just continue enjoying them through photos!

18. Solar Wind Dolls recently released a "cosmic dog" -- a creature BJD. It's alien, it's weird, it's unlike any animal doll I've seen. I love it! I sat out the preorder and I'm still sad about it.

"Conventional" fantasy dolls (ie. humanoids with fantasy parts) never interested me, but weird fantastic creature/animal BJDs are a whole different story. But I own mostly 1/3 human BJDs and I'm very invested in them. I'd already tried out a tiny 1/12-ish human BJD and know that size is completely not to my taste. So I'm uncertain about buying another small doll, and since it's a creature I'd probably be starting a completely different collection from my 1/3 crew. I don't know if I want to jump down that rabbit hole yet.

And it cost as much as a pricey 1/3 doll. I think it's worth every dollar, but I can't see myself buying it, I'd rather spend that money getting another 1/3 for my crew. So no cosmic dog for me, and I hope owners will share photos of it eventually...

19. Soom B.ISHA Breath of Tree
      I absolutely fell in love with her and she was the reason i started the bjd hobby in the first place.
      But there was so many problems and reasons why i can’t get her :(
      At the time I was way to young to even have a collection, i definitely didn’t know anything about bjd’s even though my grandmother had a collection of so many porcelain dolls. I was not ready to appreciate dolls when i was that young. Im not going to blame myself for something so impossible but i really wish i could have had a chance to get her even second hand but i can’t find her anywhere…:...(

#119 Agentgreen08, Jun 18, 2024
      Last edited: Jun 20, 2024 at 2:31 AM
    20. For me it’s a Soom Amber and Breccia, absolutely loved them when they first came out but at the time was young and had no money. Still love them all these years later but once again the prices on the second hand market is way out of my reach.