1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls you wish were a different size.

Aug 20, 2018

1. Are there any dolls that you wish were a different size? In love with a particular sculpt but not the size? SD+ that are too big for you or tinies that are just too small to do much with?

I love ios's Infernale but 80cm is just...scary big to me. I also just don't have the room. There's lots of SD that I look at and am like I'd love you if you were like 20-30cm shorter...

On the other hand there's some tinies that are just so cute but sewing anything for them just seems really hard.

Does anyone else have dolls that they would love if they were a different size?

2. Yes I do! I love 1:6 scale, so I wish all my current dolls were that size, except for my Fairyland Chicline Rou, he's 40-sish cm, I think he's a perfect size to sew for (with my very limited sewing abilities at least). I enjoy smaller dolls a lot more, and although I can appreciate my larger sculpts I think I would want them all to be a lot smaller than what they are.

3. I wish ios Cho and Co were bigger than 50cm. They're too large to be MSD and are classified as SD, but they're so small that even generic 1/3 clothing is too big. I'd love to hybrid their heads on a different body, but finding something has been difficult. ;u;

4. I wish Iple would make the SID Justin into FID but they said it wasn't a very popular Sculpt. But it sings to me and I want it as much as my Mari!

5. I'd like to have Terder Creations dolls in SD size. :D

6. For me, it's subtle. I'd love it if JIDs were slightly smaller, like Volks MSDs or slim minis. That way, I can just use clothes I already have on hand rather than making a new set.

7. I wish dollpamm's Loli bodies were in the mid/upper 40's....
      :...(

8. Sometimes. A lot of the really realistic dolls are 70 cm or larger. Like Dollshe. They also come in MSD sizes which feel small for me but around 60 would be great.

9. I wish that YouplaDoll Zopa was 50+ cm, he'd make an adorable little brother for my SDs. Probably for the best, I don't want my collection to get too big.

10. Oh gosh, definitely. I’m so in love with Luts’ larger dolls, especially Arwen (and I usually have a preference for boys!) and Grit, but they’re way too big for my MSDs and they’d stick out like a sore thumb next to my SDs that are of a more semi realistic style. If only they were available as a Model Delf... :(

11. DC Ada. I have one and I love her to bits and will never let her go, but oh my GOD she is too tiny!
      I absolutely despise sewing for her because of that - and I normally love sewing. She'd be perfect as a 30cm doll, instead of freaking 17cm.

Not sure if they're on topic, but Angel Philia/VM50 too. Some of their face sculpts (Type J! :aheartbea) are really cute, but 1) their bodies look like sex dolls, which weirds me out, and 2) they're a weird in-between size, so you can't easily hybrid them onto something else :/

12. I wish dollpamm made a body that was about 55cm. Also minfee dreaming Marcia in Feeple size

13. DZ Benjamin in yosd. I had him in msd, but I prefer the smaller sizes as they are easier for me to make wigs and clothing for.

14. I love the msd doll chateaus but I wish they were bigger :( I love sd dolls and the body shapes would look so nice on a larger scale. I also feel the same about the dream valley dolls- I love the sculpts but I wish they were bigger.

15. All of them? I'd love more dollhouse scale mature dolls, I wish my SDs were mostly MSD sized these days because theyt ake up space and are heavy...

16. I love Merry Doll Round and Little Rebel's SD sculpts so much, but I collect MSDs. ;; I especially wish MDR's Fang & Zuri and LR's Ethan were available as MSDs as well as SDs.

17. There quite a few that i wish they would make FIDs of, particularly Rania.
      The College classic mini isn't the size you're looking for? (I can't quite remember how tall they are)
      I feel the same way about MDR Ophelia and LR Aleksander

18. I love dolls around 60cm. Anything over 65cm seems too big and bulky for my taste, and anything under 52cm feels too small and similar to a fashion doll to me. But I love the sculpts of Dollshe Amanda Beauty, several Iplehouse sculpts, Soom Ender and Chalco, and a few Doll Chateau Adults, but they're just way too big for me to get. Then on the small scale, I really like several Doll Chateau and Dream Valley dolls and the resin version of LeGrand Doll's Lily, but they're too small for me.

And other times, the bodies are the problem. I don't like large bulky guys, but I often like the head sculpts. But then hybrids don't work because a 13cm neck hole looks awful on a 10cm neck. :/

19. I wish that Ringdoll teenagers came in an MSD size! I like them so much but I feel like SDs are kind of cumbersome and unwieldy

20. I wish Volks could make a 1/4 size Kun. Just like Nana