1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe boys - pros & cons

Jul 25, 2005

1. This thread is making me desire one now.

For me - it's the hands - the veins in the hands...the long tapered fingers of a musician...

2. Yes, he has LOVELY hands! And so large..about the length of my thumb from wrist to middle-fingertip.

I will say this, however...if this is your first doll, or if you haven't handled a lot of BJD's in the past (read: like me), he's definitely something to get used to. I got to play a little with a version 2 Hound at a meetup yesterday, which is good because he's the version I'm getting.

First thing: I could not get him to sit for love or money! I know he can, but I was having a hard time doing it without feeling as if I was doing something really stupid with him and I'd end up breaking him. I settled for just keeping him standing.

Second: If you bend his elbow, watch his hand...the tension from the elastic might pull his arm in too quickly, and you'll end up watching him smack himself. I wish I had video of me experiencing this, because it scared the crap out of me.

Third: his waist. Definitely something to watch out for. Obviously, when it's locked in place, he's good, but if he slips off whack he does look funny.

Really, it's a matter of getting used to him, though. The more I held him, the more I interacted with him, the more I realized that he was definitely a good choice for me (as I look at tiny little Ru with a wistful expression!)...

3. I love my Hound. I've personallly got an SD13 boy, a SoulDoll boy, an SD13 girl, a LovelyHouse girl, and both male and female Angel Region Little Fair. In addition, I've spent considerable amounts of time messing with other people's CP Boys and girls, DoD boys and girls, an SDC Kurenai, and multiple MSDs. Hound outposes them all. Easily. Umbrae's elastic is WAY too tight in his body, making his hip joint snap out of place all the time, but even WITH that (fixable) issue, he still falls into the most realistic poses without me even having to try! His hands are amazing, and the jointing system is just a blessing. In addition, the head attachement is SO easy to deal with - just pull up on the separate resin piece inside the head, twist 90 degrees one way or another, and give a little tug on his head, and it comes off with no danger of the elastic snapping back down into his body, because the separate piece locks into place in a groove in his neck!

So...yeah, I love him.

4. All right, y'all are making me DIE from anticipation . . . I neeeeeed my Houunnnnddddd!!!

(He's shipping soon from Anu to Susan, and then from Susan to me, he's just taking ages because of where he fell in the order queue . . . wahhhh!!)

But he should be here within the next few weeks, I *hope* . . . 'til then, I just have to be patient and drool over you guys' descriptions in the meanwhile!!

-- Andi :>

5. Hi! I searched for a thread on this, but didn't see it. What is the difference between Bermann and hound? Is it skintone? Are they the same mold/company? I am confussed on what the difference is??:?
      thanks!!

6. They are both by the same company, but are different head molds and slightly different bodies, I believe? Though they do look like they could be brothers.

7. OOh- very informative, thanks!

8. Wow! That was really helpfull! It seems like I always see hounds for sale (on ebay and www.eluts.com) but never any Bermanns. I wasn't quite sure what to think. So, is the quality pretty much equal? Is there a benifit to having one or the other besides slightly different molds? (Like does one pose better, have better joints...kinda like the Old SKin SD10's compared to the New SKin SD10 where the joint system imrpoved).

9. Bermanns are limited, as opposed to Hounds which are not. There will be I think 77 Bermanns total?

10. Face sculpt, Shoulder design. Chin, nose body..

Kind of everything if you are pickey to know the differences..

They look related, but ARE totally different...

What is it you REALLY want to know about their differences?

11. Well.....Just if they were equaly quality in jointing. Like does one pose better, have better joints...kinda like the Old SKin SD10's compared to the New SKin SD10 where the joint system imrpoved. That is all really. ^_^

12. wow, thats very helpful. I always thought hounds were a slightly smaller version of Berman, but from those pictures, it looks like Hound is a teeny bit taller than berman. Also the wider shoulders and all.

13. Yeah, Hound is a centimeter taller than Bermann :3 Or two, something like that XD

14. ^-^ there is a lot of difference between these two boys ~
      Their facial sculpts are very different for one ^-^ Bermann's nose is rounder, and larger, and his eyes are also rounder, his jaw is softer and his mouth has a beautiful pout to it - where Hounds are more of a smirk ~
      ^-^ It's all on the Tensiya website ~ but there are subtle differences right down to the hands and feet detailing.

^o^ I need a Bermann to fawn over, lol.

15. Bermanns are hella-unwieldy, at least Rowan is, even though he's been wired and sueded by Christy. Once we get him to stand, he's very stable, but until that point...it's tough! I've posed Christy's Feyd (Hound) and he's not too much better -- because of their long legs, they're just really unwieldy!

16. XD yer telling me.. and trying to get a Hound and a Bermann to pose together can be exhausting XD

17. Thanks guys! that was what I was wondering. Well, I think it should be well worth the effort.

18. It really is ~ they look fab together ^-^

19. Bermann was origionally sold as a limited run of 77 several years ago. A few other releases of him were done for members of Cyworld in Korea but the buyers had to promise never to sell him. I think they made a few tan ones at that time. The doll was created as a self portrait of the man who sculpted him. Anu got permission to do another run of 110 (33 SA Bermann, 77 DO Bermann). So far only 11 DO type and 22 SA type have been released. All of them were intended to be released by, oh, right about now, but after Hound's release the Bermann release schedule was thrown wildly off track. Once all 110 are out, no more will be made, but who knows when that will be?

Sorry for the short & to the point response, but I've been trying to make myself get off the computer for the last 30 minutes! *_*