1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollShe craft 28M and 26F Fashion Pose 44/41 cm size - Part 4

Mar 25, 2019

1. Does anyone have the new, larger Amanda or Erica head in either fashion or classic size? I've been waiting since they first offered the dolls with new heads last June.
      I asked BJDivas to prod them for me, and they (Dollshe) basically say they haven't even made the master mold for it yet. (fashion size)
      If I hadn't ordered through Divas, I'd ask for a refund right now. :roar

--------- Added notes ---------

DoA Wiki: Dollshe
      DoA database: The Dollsche Bio Listing (all dolls)

Previous discussion threads:
      * Part 1
      * Part 2
      * Part 3

#1 petiteballerine, Mar 25, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2019
    2. @petiteballerine I am waiting for a fashion Amanda and the new Amanda ausley EN and SA heads. Ordered in June through BJDivas as well, finished my layaway in November last year. Last time I asked they aimed to ship this month. But that's not happening if they don't have a mold even.

3. @rianne Do you have a link for hazelstreetdesigns that you mentioned for pants in the previous thread? I tried to find them on IG and Etsy but only found paper craft.

4. @kobbi, just google the name. It's a standalone shop ^^

5. HazelStreetDezigns
      It’s hazelstreetdezigns.

6. Thanks! I was a bit confused as well!

7. Does anyone know if the sale dolls can be put on layaway?

8. I’m pretty sure BJDivas will let you do layaway on sale dolls.

9. After much looking and little finding, I decided to just make my own gosh darn eyes. These are extremely rudimentary, mostly just for testing iris sizes, but here's how the first two pairs turned out:

[​IMG]

Left is 8mm and right is 7mm. I personally like the 7mm better for Arsene, but even those seem big on Amanda. I have 6mm in the works but the mold didn't cure fully and ripped when I tried to take it out :doh

Here they are side-by-side for comparison:

[​IMG]

They're pretty rough and far from perfect, but not bad for a first try if I do say so myself! I'll keep fiddling with them and hopefully have some better tries to share soon!

EDIT: I ended up using the ripped mold to make a quick, terrible cast of the 6mm. The 7mm is on the left, 6mm on the right:

[​IMG]

There's definite gapping on either side of the eye in both heads, but I can't decide if I like them better. Amanda is a bit wall-eyed here but I think there's a bit too much white so she looks terrified, but Arsene seems to look fine somehow? I don't know, maybe the resin fumes are making me see things :sweat

Thoughts?

#9 HeyJude, Mar 30, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    10. Sorry about the s/z confusion guys!

@Australiana Exotica BJDivas does layaway on all dolls as far as I know.

@HeyJude I feel you. TBH I'm probably going to start testing eye making this summer when I have more time, and it's all due to the dearth of really good tiny eyes outside of the stuff candyworld makes.

11. BJDivas will. I put Rey Lewis on layaway no problem. :)

Since I've been out of the hobby for so long I just noticed these guys a couple weeks ago. I'm so glad because the regular Dollshe sizes were waaay too much for me to handle.

12. Nox is still demanding all my attention. XD

[​IMG]

13. @rianne He sure has mine. Handsome fellow.

14. @HeyJude do you think you'll start making eyes to sell if you get the sizes sorted out? I know I will always be interested in eyes for these tiny heads. @rianne I agree about CandyWorld eyes being lovely. I have a pair that have never fit a doll, but I can't bear to part with the eyes because they're so pretty.

The weather here is always bad, but so is Lulu.
      [​IMG]

15. @stuartsmycat I'm definitely considering it! It's a long way off though...I still have some work ahead of me to refine the mold, and I have a lot of practicing to do as far as painting the irises themselves. I originally was just going to make them for my dolls, but there's such a lack of good eyes in the smaller/realistic range that I think it would be a good thing to look into as soon as I feel like they're not turning out horribly :sweat

16. Thank you @animemom

@stuartsmycat HAHA I love her cigar!

Still playing with Nox over here X3 I did a long and thinky post about styling this guy over at my blog if anyone is interested. It sort of gathers up all the questions I've gotten about what fits and why.

[​IMG]

17. Finally can share a photo of my guy. Meet Mercer. He will be based loosely on a character voiced by Matt Mercer the DD Master of Critical Role a podcast I am hooked on. The Gentleman will be a rogue and scoundrel. He will be dressed sort of pirateish like. But definitely not blue. Anyway stage one is of course face up, and in time the blushing and maybe a tattoo. I have arranged for outfit to be made, and slowly he will come together. He is a 44cm Rey Lewis and on the L4 body.
      [​IMG]Meet Mercer by Marie, on Flickr

18. @animemom - He sounds cool. Be sure to post photos when he is done. I'm interested to see him complete. How do you find the L4 jointing?

19. I love it, I can actually get him to cross his legs and touch his face properly. He could vogue if he wanted to. Lol

20. You don't have the lower torso joint and thigh cut joint pop out a lot? What is vogue?