1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Discussion - Part Seventeen

Jan 26, 2022

1. I don't feel confident enough to try sculpting a headback for an existing faceplate. Sculpt a whole head, yes (I've done it before when I used to do pottery/ceramics), but that's a different thing.

2. I haven't posted photos here for a good while, but not because I feel any "shame". I did want to share a photo recently but I just felt it was tactful to wait a little while as the situation had just deteriorated and the ban was implemented. Anyway, thank you @nattherat for bringing this up, and as @overlordu said we can certainly do both. So here's my Fionn, he's an old boy, a Tensiya Hu Die Meng with a faceup by Lynsey. I bought him second hand in 2011. His wig is by Eclipse21.

[​IMG]

3. He is very handsome!

4. He is handsome and I'm glad to see him. Thank you.

5. I cherish my 3 Dollshe's that I have and probably won't post pictures of them since they are in storage. I do not feel comfortable having them in my apartment cause I have a lot of BJD's and we don't live in a friendly area. I miss living in a actual home where I felt safe. I had to give up my order from 1 dealer cause it was 2+yrs of not getting my doll. At least I got my money back, but I had a feeling then that he was just taking the money and running. So sad cause he was talented.

6. I've found that my dollshe doesn't pose/hold a pose very well. Is this a me problem? *_* he has the supermodel body.

7. @Malvolio What sort of poses do you wish to do? I have a Neo with the supermodel body and I've noticed the body is not very good at holding certain poses. His elbows and wrists in particular love to snap into angles, the legs can twist awkwardly, and the chest slouches forward often (my Saint on the mystic body likes to slouch too :XD:). I find he looks best in various lying down/sleeping poses, or when just standing or sitting normally. Anything more complicated or dynamic and he won't cooperate. I plan to suede the big areas like the chest joint eventually to minimize those issues hopefully.

8. Mine are also prone to knee bending and chest joint slouching forward. I have the 18m Mystic body and Arsene body. Out of the two, the Arsene body is more functional for me, insofar as posing goes. I had Khan's 24m body a couple years ago but sold it, as I found it very kicky and too large (and weird uneven yellowing issues occurred, even though my other Dollshe dolls didn't display this even though they were housed in the same place). I can only assume that as time went on, Dollshe must've tried to cut corners with resin quality, as I received Khan in early 2023 I believe. He was the last, as I doubt Dollshe will ever ship the remaining Aramis I'd ordered in 2019.

All that said, I've been working on a project with my Dollshe 3x Saint heads. They're in Oriental resin and match my Arsene body. I'm thinking of making him into a character doll from Arcane, but of course it's still very early at present.

I also ordered Ashuradark's eye sizer kit on Etsy. It looks like an absolute life-saver, as I've generally been defaulting to 14mm eyes with small irises for my crew and they fit some but not all.

9. @Malvolio I have Pure, Rerelease Hound and Mystic bodies. They all take patience with standing poses. I wired and sueded all three and that helped a lot. Without suede and wire, they’re best at looking good while sitting around. Great at slouching. :lol:

10. Dev came out of the wardrobe today for a photo. It's actually amazing weather here in Ireland, unheard of for a bank holiday weekend! :lol: We managed to find a shady spot by the lake to take the pic.

[​IMG]

He's an old boy who came to live with me in 2008, and when I picked him up today he felt like a rag doll so I'd better go and hunt for my bag of elastic!

11. He's so beautiful! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the nice weather together today! :)