1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown 13yr & 15yr Discussion - part three

Sep 9, 2013

1. I am not sure I notice any difference. Does she have a bigger butt?

2. I think she will be slightly slimmer and taller Theresa from what I can gather, but I agree not a huge difference (except for those elbows!)

3. I was hoping they would get the legs stabilized and it does look like it is standing solid. I like the way double jointed elbows look so I probably better try and start saving up since my DT 'problem' seems to be flaring up again :)

4. I'm really excited about the 17 year female body and its make equivalent. They will be perfect for some dolls I need to shell! :D

5. allurose: Yes it will be interesting to see that DT17 body.....it is significantly taller than the DT13 one isn't it?

bajib: Happy saving to feed your DT 'problem'! LOL! I do like this new DT13 body but I am not a fan of these elbows (at all) I much prefer the clean lines of a single joint. And I found I still needed to wire the arms of my DT15 male body with elbow joints like this, so I really really can't see the point of them! *grump*
      I do like the overall look of this body though and I hope to add one to my collection one day.

6. If you have any face-up supplies (pastels, Mr. Super Clear) and you do face-ups, you can easily fix the scratch by just adding some more color to the eye shadow, may have to add more on both sides to make it even then add some more light coats of MSC over the entire face which should not change the look of your original face-up much. The person that did your face-up did a lovely job and may be willing to fix the eye make-up for you for a minimal charge if you cannot do it yourself. Good luck! Your girl is lovely!

7. A lovely face up, Amy seems look different in every photo.

8. I never had a boy doll. Its hard to make the hair style

9. Question for the people who own the DT15 old boy body: is the body able to sit without leaning back too far? It's really odd, because I have a boy on this body, and it has all the chest joints, so technically he should be able to sit at least 90 degrees. However, I think his huge thighs might be propping him up too far in the front, because he can't really sit without leaning back. :/

10. My old 15 boy sits at 90deg if you slouch his chest joint forward, and it's easier if he's got a chair back to lean against.

11. My lad is on the old DT15 body (from when it was cast by DT themselves) and he can sit at 90 degrees with no issues whatsoever

[​IMG]

Could your lad just be strung too tight?

And the old DT15 does have huge thighs, but I only complain about them because of difficulty of getting trousers to fit! :lol:

12. What does everyone think of the 13Y Remi head please? I am thinking that it's different and very nice. Does it look more like a boy? I have a body that may need a head and maybe Remi will work.

13. I really like the look of the head sculpt Theresa ....there seems to be a hint of a smile on her too. I can't wait to see her with a face-up.
      And I hadn't thought boy before, but I see now that it easily could be.

14. I would really like to see her with faceup too Jane. She would be a girl for me. I have another Co SD head, but I really would like a DT head for her body instead. Would fit so much better with my 'family'.

15. Thank you, I just tried shifting his upper torso more forward and he sits a lot better with his weight distributed to the front now. I don't know why I didn't think of that!

16. Does anyone own the old and new/current 15 yr boy bodies? Are they the same height/overall size? Are the necks the same width?

17. I own both versions of the DT15 male body

The newer body has a slightly slimmer neck ....it is 9.8 cm on the old body and 9.2 cm on the new body.
      It may seem a small difference on paper but in real life that half cm makes a big difference.

Overall the newer body is slightly slimmer and very slightly shorter, but it is much much easier to find clothes to fit it......especially trousers and jeans as it doesn't have the thunder thighs of the older body.

I like both versions of the DT15 male body but they are significantly different in real life to me
      I see the older version as more of a man's body and the newer version as more a youth's body.....but that is entirely a personal opinion

18. This is great, thank you so much! I have the old body (which I love to death) and was thinking of getting the new body for a different head, and I was hoping for slimmer, so that's fabulous.

19. I think Remi looks lovely, definitely a girl for me... just not sure about that deep indent in the bottom lip, could cause a few issues when doing face-ups, but will have to wait and see, we need more photos really. I can't see much difference between the new and old 13 girl body, except her bum looks more girly on the old body... the new one looks like she might be clenching! Or is that just the lighting in those pics on flickr? ;)

20. That is just what I wouldn't notice and why I know I have to always wait to see owner photos.
      I am just going to have another look at the head now and see this indent in the lower lip that I had not noticed before!

EDIT: Oh yes! It is quite a big indent! Thank you for pointing it out!