1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown 13yr & 15yr Discussion - part three

Sep 9, 2013

1. Jane, I've wondered if it will be smoothed out a bit more when the finishing is done, might just be on the original before they do the mould. I wish they would stop making amazingly beautiful new body sculpts though, I simply have no money for dolls anymore and just basically want everything I see from Dollstown... so UNFAIR!!! :(

2. Thank you from me too for pointing out the indent in the lower lip vonbonbon. I would really like to see her with a faceup, but I am still pretty sure that I will get her! I am also going back for another look at her face. Did not notice the indent either.

I have always loves the 13Y body (and all the DT bodies for that matter). I would definitely buy the new one if I was in the market for one.

3. Ok, I'm still trying to decide if I need to buy a girl or boy body for a head I have - now I'm looking at the (long discontinued) 15yr girl body....I've looked around and I must have missed it - is there a comparison pic somewhere with the 13 and 15 yr girls and possibly the 15yr boy? I was literally about to hit the buy button, but I'm so indecisive about this....

4. There are some good comparison threads in Photo Reference, and I believe An Jong Hak posted all of the old comparisons on his Flickr.

5. Is that DTs flickr or a different one? I was on Dollstown's account and they seem to have gotten rid of all their discontinued body photos - or I somehow missed them, but the oldest I could find was 18yr.

I've been looking through Photo Refs and still haven't found anything, I came up with one photo of the old 15yr boy and the 15yr girl....but I don't remember if I found it on google or flickr now D:

EDIT: Took a chance and went with the 15yr girl! Hope it works! :D

6. I have recently bought a Volks SD13 on the secondary market, my first SD, and am loving the size. I adore some of the Dollstown 13 dolls that i have seen and have a wonderful Connie Lowe outfit winging its way to the U.K that would fit one perfectly :). Are the Dollstown 13 girls good posers? I had heard that they can be kicky from someone, but wondered if this was true?

7. I had to dig deep to find this thread @_@ I was wondering what dollstown 13y girl owners did to their girls for them to wear heels? Dollstown doesn't seem to have a heel feet part (unless I'm mistaken). Do you usually swap feet with another company?

8. My girls on the DT13 bodies wear Musedoll heeled shoes and they fit like a dream :D

[​IMG]

My girls can stand unsupported in them too.
      We are not permitted to add more than one photo to a reply in the discussion threads so you will need to click on the links to see more photos.........

Bindi Days

Darcy

Darcy

I also use some rush wedge heeled sandals from Dollmore....they are good too. I have them in both the dark and light colourway options...

On holiday

Dolly Shelf Sunday: nineteen

I hope this helps

9. Thank you so much Jane! :D Your pictures were so helpful~ are your girls DT fresh skin to match with Musedoll resin?

10. I am so glad it was useful and I did not switch the feet at all.........the Musedoll and Dollmore shoes fit the dolls with their original DT feet!

11. So unexpected :O and also a relief! :) I was imagining having to put Luts Delf heel feet parts or the likes on the body to be able to wear heels :( I'm really grateful for the info & pictures~ your dolls are super cute by the way ^^

12. Thank you!

And good luck to you finding Musedoll shoes now. I'll bet the more 'gentle' high-heeled shoes from other companies will fit too, it is just that I don't have shoes from them.
      Let's hope somebody else will know about Dollheart shoes and Volks shoes etc *fingers crossed*

13. Hey everyone! I have a Volks DWC03 head that I want to put on the DT 15yrs body. Is oriental the skin color that matches volks?

14. Thank you for sharing! I love how the shoes fit! Musedoll shoes were so beautiful, now there is nothing on their website in shoes section. I remember those glitter pink shoes, why didn't I buy them then, oh!
      I've got my new doll Lucille and I have already made her a makeup. I should sew her something nice and then I will be able to show her. This is the first time in my life when I did a faceup the next day I received the head. I feel she's very special for me, pure doll love :)

15. I am so looking forward to seeing your Lucille here with her face-up.......DT are so special!

16. Hi everybody! I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a Merry Doll Round head on a Dollstown 13-year-old body and I have a lot of trouble getting her to stand on her own. I tried restringing her but it didn't work. Her knees tend to bend all the time and she doesn't hold the straight leg position. Is this a recurring problem with this body? Do you know if sueding would fix this? Thank you so much in advance!

17. I wired and glue sueded my DT 13 girls, and that cured the dreaded DT swivel leg for me.
      I hope it works for you too.

[​IMG]

18. How did you wire her? Mine kept bending her legs at the knee after I wired her :(

19. I use a long 'U' shaped length of plastic coated aluminium wire......the wire needs to be long enough to go in at her lower torso and extend beyond each knee. I then *pop* the doll at the lower torso joint and thread the ends of the wire down each leg.
      Does this make sense? How are you wiring your doll?

20. I didn't thread it through the hip and I used pipecleaners, so maybe that was the problem. I will try it your way and let you know how it goes :)