1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolly alter egos?

May 18, 2024

1. I feel like I use my dolls as a way to dress how I typically am not comfortable with. I always prefer to dress them up in the cute-ish alt fashions I know I won't be comfortable wearing. There are bits of me that I tend to slip into the personalities and characterizations of my dolls when creating them and who their characters are, sometimes intentional and sometimes not.

2. My doll, Josette, is my second self in a way none of my other dolls are. She doesn’t look like me, but she has a shy, cringing posture (due to the particular Dollmore Model body) that reflects my extremely private nature. She has my hair color and eye color, and I always return to those defaults, though I try to vary it up.

She has some marked differences from me. For one thing, she’s a devout Catholic (I look for Catholic objects for her), while I was never Catholic and have completely distanced myself from organized religion (I’m sure something psychological is going on there). For another, she’s very passive, drift-y, and go-with-the-flow, incapable of getting angry, and I can be very temperamental and judgmental.

3. I don't have any litteral mini me dolls but my girls tend to take on aspects of my personality via character traits and clothing taste! I'm very into alternative fashion, so I want to dress them in styles I'd wear as well as styles I haven't worn/have no interest in wearing. It's interesting to think about what parts of me are reflected in them!

4. Do you mean like a persona?