1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Baby BB 23cm - 29.5cm discussion part 3

May 22, 2014

1. @Quiet and Insane Thank you! :D I think so too! I'm sure a character/look will present itself eventually, especially with how full of personality her expression is.

2. @nattherat May I ask what your experience with this body is? I've loved the look of it since it first came out, and now that there is a boy version too, I'm afraid I may not resist much longer... Is it nice to handle?

3. Oh! It's easily my favourite 1/6 body I own! :) For reference/comparison, other 1/6 bodies I own are: Resinsoul 1/6 (double-jointed, boy and girl, plus deer body), Impldoll 1/6 body, Dollzone B27-001, Doll Chateau B-body-02. None of them hold a candle to the Dollzone B27-004, in my opinion. Candice (and the main head to use the body) is easily my favourite doll to handle.

Basically it isn't just the mobility joints in the thighs that makes it nicer (which is what seems like the biggest difference between the B27-004 and the B27-001/2 at first), it's everything. Every single joint is better shaped to hold a wider variety of poses. I don't need to wire her to have her take and hold a lot of very natural and casual poses that my B27-001 can't do at all. And better yet, there's no sacrifice to appearance for the mobility, it's a very statuesque look without compromising on the joints. As an example: It actually doesn't even need arm mobility joints, because the elbows are so well designed that you can have the doll twist naturally at the elbow in a way no other doll can (unless it has arm mobility joints).

This might seem a little over-dramatic haha, but it's just amazing. I wouldn't switch the bodies of my other 1/6 dolls out, since I chose the bodies based on their body types as characters, but there's never a time when I don't think about how I wish they could compete with the B27-004. To be honest, if I ever added new characters to my 1/6 crew, a B27-004 or B27-005 is the first body I have in mind. Every time Dollzone produces a doll on that body, I feel the pull (Pumpkin!).

She's even got my larger dolls beat, if I'm honest (my larger dolls being from Doll Chateau and Dollshe Craft). XD So uh, yep, I'd definitely recommend it! The engineering is pretty excellent, especially where 1/6 BJDs are concerned.

4. Your little Pumpkin is adorable! And it looks like you got the full set?? I just placed an order for a DZ Pumpkin myself- after having wanted one ever since she was released last year! Now I just have to sit back and wait those looong 4-5 months that it apparently takes to receive orders from Dollzone....oh I hate the waiting time :sorry

5. Oh! Nattherat, what a beautiful and serious little face! The pink hair looks great with her tan skin! :D

I really like her! What sculpt is she?

And you are right - there should be more pictures of DZ tinies around! :thumbup

6. @Rabbit-moon :D She's Candice! She doesn't have her own name yet, so I just refer to her as the sculpt name for the moment. And thank you! I think she looks pretty great in pink, but I haven't decided on final colours for her, or really anything for her yet haha! Something green may be her eventual colour scheme!

7. Yes, she is a full set. The wait time was pretty awful but I'm so happy I got her. I actually just got two other DZ girls, just haven't had a moment to take pictures. I should get on that :). Good luck with your wait!

8. Does anyone here have any suggestions for bodies that would work for a hybrid for one of these heads? :3c
      I'm trying to plan ahead for my yoCarter, and I'm not terribly familiar with dolls smaller than MSDs.

9. I was hoping to eventually just get the DZ yosd body for my yo-Carter...since I figured that way the resin colour should match. Were you thinking of getting a body from another company for yours? :3

10. The resin match, in my personal experience, is no good BUT if you don't care for modding, Resinsoul yo-sd bodies have thin enough necks for the heads generally. I think Sugarable do too, but you'd have to find one second-hand.

I agree that a DC or DZ body would be the best idea! Assuming yo-carter is made to be the same height as Pumpkin/etc, any of the B27 bodies will work.

11. @Lotte Rotten
      I was thinking about another company, yeah. I just wondered if anyone here had success with another company - I don't like DZ & DC's long wait times and I'd like backup plan if I can't find a suitable DZ body on the secondhand market. :P

@nattherat I'll look into the RS bodies, I've already had a bit of experience with their bigger bodies and I like em. I don't mind blushing the head to match the body if the color is too bad. :P

12. @PumpkinKings if you don't mind blushing, you're golden! :D Bear in mind thought that the standard resinsoul 1/6 are not like (some of) the big bodies. They don't have peanut joints, they have a cup system. If you're going single-jointed though, this isn't an issue!

13. I'm contemplating over getting another Choco head for for Dollpamm Shota body. Nazara wants her twin but I'm not sure about identical twins for them.

14. [​IMG]
      Coral (and Pukifee friends Takechiyo and Ume) went steampunking this past weekend

15. Aww, cute! Her dress is very pretty! :)

16. She's so pretty in her uniqueness! :love

And, she looks like she's having a great time next to her little friends! :thumbup

17. Thank you! Monster High stuff fits her perfectly!

We had a great time, and so many admirers!

18. Ooh that's good to know should I ever get a little girl like this!

19. Not sure if thie is hr right thread but have any of you who ordered the Yo Carter received him? I saw a box opening video on youtube of one. Lol, I am waiting on mine

20. I don't think any of the yo-carter orders will be out anytime soon!
      The event was just a few months ago right? June?

I don't imagine we'll be seeing them till December at the earliest. :P

Are you sure the box opening was a yo-Carter? It might have actually been one of the original MSD Carter's. 0:

Tags: