1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Baby BB 23cm - 29.5cm discussion part 3

May 22, 2014

1. @nattherat amazing! You’ve got one gorgeous girl! The dye came out really pretty, and I love her outfit. Great idea on different feet. Finding shoes is tough!

2. Recently I was search up for DZ Tan skin also and I saw some post that it's very orange instead of brownish. So I directly asked to DZ how their tan color look like. And they gave me these two pictures and I decided to buy tan skin Miyou too.
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
      so I guess DZ fixed pretty tan looking instead of Orange.

#342 Starphase, Jun 6, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    3. Thank you! I’m glad I switched her hands too, I wasn’t so keen on the original hands when the body is more mature. Looks like the most recent 1/6 releases have gorgeous hands though!

I am also another that finds DZ tan too orange. I ended up changing my last order to white skin after seeing owner pictures of tan. I’ll stick with dying. I have a NiuNiu boy due, and I’ll probably dye him if he sticks around!

4. Thank you for posting these! The tan is still a little too much on the orange side for my tastes, (I prefer a very cool brown) but it’s not as bad as some people make it out to be. Also, that body is very cute and makes me more excited for my MiYou. I don’t like the heavily blushed version they show on their site, personally. I’d love to see what your MiYou looks like as tan when you get him. I’m sure he’ll be very cute.

5. I have heard the wait for DollZone is a new level of patience.

It’s funny, I’ve seen so many posts about people being intimidated by 1/3rds, that I’m afraid that I’ll get my KeAi, see how tiny he is, and be afraid I’m going to break him!

6. I'm so sad they're retiring Bertha... I didn't want to make another Dollzone purchase again so soon but it looks like I'll have to if I ever want to get her :'D

On the bright side though I hope they keep making new 1/6 size heads to fill their absence...

7. My hand slipped... I ended up ordering a lot of stuff from DZ to get a Daomiao event doll. Carol from Angelesque was able to get the body switched from the BB27-005 to the BB27-004 instead, because I the event doll to be a girl. She's going to be the daughter of my DZ Chen named Val, and my wife's DZ Snow named Taren.

I can't wait to have the Daomiao in hand! The face is so cute, I've always loved Scarecrow Hal, but I don't collect MSDs or tinies, and the SD didn't speak to me. YoSD is perfect!

8. Oh how cute! :D I've been tempted to get Val a "human" body to disguise herself with from time to time but I'm unsure of what sort of body I'd like her on. I'm just too attached to that cute dragon butt of hers.

9. I don't know if this has already been mentioned somewhere else, but a girl on BJD Addicts noticed that MiYou's tail looks like it's made using real fur so I wanted to get an official confirmation. I sent DZ an email to ask if it's faux or real fur and they confirmed it's real fox fur.

I took screenshots of their replies and I can post them if you want, but if you don't believe me you can send them an email yourselves, they'll answer pretty quickly.

Idk, I just thought this was important information!

#349 vv_megane, Jun 15, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    10. Hm, BJDivas said it was fake fur, so I wonder if she just got misinformation? Personally, I don’t care either way, but that is strange.

11. Yeah, maybe the dealers received wrong information... I have no idea. At first I thought there was just a misunderstanding on DZ part (language barrier etc), but then I sent them a second email asking which animal fur it is and they said fox.

12. Aww, I do hope it isn’t real fox fur. I looked at the pictures and I can’t tell. I’m not going to use the tail anyway, as I don’t care for tails on bjds, as they fall off or get in the way. If it is real, why? Fake is so much better and cheaper! One of the cons of a fullset, getting items you don’t want, need, or will use.

13. There is a chance that they could be getting the words fox and faux confused, language barrier and all. Either way I don't feel like it's such a bit deal. People use mohair still attached to the skin for wigs.

14. It can be a big deal to some though, depending on spiritual or religious beliefs or culture or more. Personally I think the heads-up is not only a good idea, but also respectful, and shouldn’t be dismissed as trivial. Thank you @vv_megane !

15. People are free to buy real mohair if they want, as long as it's clearly stated that it's real. In this case it's not specified if that fur is real or fake.

You're very welcome @nattherat , I'm glad if my heads-up was useful :) And I completely agree with you, it can be a big deal to some people imo, so they should be informed.

16. @vv_megane I also thank you for the heads up. Had I know I probably would have refused to buy the dolls. I was very upset when I read your post. I have always refused to buy real fur or to patronize any shop that sells it. I personally cannot tell from the images if it’s real or fake and I very much hope, as I cannot cancel my order, that faux and fox have merely been confused in the language translation. If it turns out to be real, I’m not sure what I’ll do. :(

17. @ShadowMist ugh, I'm really sorry :( at first I wanted to buy the fullset too, now I'm not so sure (for your same reason)...
      These are the links to the screenshots I took: 1st email - 2nd email (I uploaded the pics on FB, I hope the links work)

In another thread someone said that maybe DZ lied to me, thinking that I wanted real fur when it's actually fake. Maybe you could email them too stating that you don't want real fur, just to see what they reply and if they tell you that it's fake.

(On a side note, I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure if this is OT? If it is, I'm sorry)

18. Update: DZ said it's real fox fur in their Instagram too (they replied to someone in the comments)

19. :o oh wow... glad they didn't have the outfit's up for sale separtly then... i thought it was cute but am strictly against animal abuse so i would have cried my eyes out if i exidentily bought real fur... (nope not a joke, i once cried a whole day when i exidentily took a big bite of a spring roll with chicken...)
      Hope it will turn out to be a huge missunderstanding, why would they all the sudden start using real fur? That serves no use at all! Poor foxes :'(

20. As it was just confirmed that it is indeed real fox fur... I would still at least try to cancel the order. Explain your reasoning. They sold you a product that left out such a sensitive detail. If they still adamantly refuse... please don’t feel bad at all!! It wasn’t your fault as there was no way you could’ve known. Just get rid of the tail and focus on enjoying the rest of the (very beautiful) doll.

This is just such a shame. DollZone makes such incredible dolls and I have been a loyal customer for years. However... I, like others, just cannot support a business that supports such a practice. I really, really hope that DollZone will decide to change it to faux fur after all this. :(

Tags: