1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Baby BB 23cm - 29.5cm discussion part 3

May 22, 2014

1. Shadowmist; Maybe ask them if they can leave the tail out of the order? if they really refuse to cancel your order maybe you can bury the tail on a nice spot in the garden or a park, that way at least you give it back to nature and give the little fox at least partially a propper resting place ^.^
      And definitly don't blame yourself, easier said then done i know, but you didn't know so you are not to blame!

2. I'd happily collect all the unwanted tails, but they're attached to the actual clothes themselves so just order him nude if you don't want it? Anyway, that material is too good to waste, expensive to buy and tricky to hunt. Some of the responses on their Instagram are hilarious though, do people honestly think animals are skinned alive? :roll: China/other Asian countries have very different views to using fur/testing n animals compared to the rest of the world. Though I'm sure if enough people made a fuss over this like they did with that small DC doll that was released a year or two ago then they can probably get them to change it to faux fur. Especially given how long their wait times are currently. :lol:

3. English might not be the first language of some of those commenters. I think even if you're not personally fussed on it, it doesn't cost anything to have a little respect for the people it does affect.

Technically it means nothing to me, I've never bought a fullset and I'm unlikely ever to. I never even thought what the tail was made out of, totally passed me by. But when it's made out of something that came from a living creature, of course that's going to be upsetting for people, and it's perfectly valid. Especially in this case. We're not talking about food, or durable shoes, we're not talking a necessity (if you want to argue specifically leather shoes is a necessity), we're talking a luxury. An item that nobody actually needs to survive, and therefore the fact that there was a life cost for it is significant. We're also not talking something trivial, this isn't DZ using blue eyeshadow instead of red eyeshadow in a face-up.

If you're not personally fussed, that's cool, but I'm seeing a lot of dismissive comments pretty much entirely from one side, here and facebook (mostly other places I suppose). I don't mean to go off topic, but I think it's worth having some empathy and remembering that others are going to find this more upsetting. It's okay for people for whom it upsets to 1) let the company know the reasons why it's upsetting (as far as I can see, it's all very polite so far), and 2) decide they will not make the purchase because of DollZone's choices. It's unnecessary to dismiss or trivialise them. You can still yourself make the purchase, and even if DZ changes the tail, you yourself can make the decision to purchase real fur and/or pelt elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll make this my last post on the matter because I think it will probably be veering too far off-topic.

I do think their new anime 1/6s are some of the cutest sculpts I've ever seen from them, and they honestly make me wish I had room for anime dolls in my crew!

EDIT: Actually this has just reminded me! For those of you who are upset about the tail: I don't technically have proof, other than just seeing/smelling in person, but I believe DollZone uses real leather for their doll shoes too. I'd recommend not purchasing any fullset shoes unless you can be sure they're made out of canvas or something like that from the picture.

#363 nattherat, Jun 17, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    4. Just because real fur is used in something does not mean it was sourced inhumanely. Still, they should have mentioned it. If you still want everything, just message to see if they can leave the tail out of the package, or split it to someone who wants it.

5. Thank you everyone for the help and encouragement. I’ve decided I will still go ahead and purchase the dolls since I’ve already ordered them though I feel bad about supporting a company that would do this. I will insist they send me a faux fur tail and will never order from this company again. Had I known about this before I would never have made the order no matter how much I loved the dolls. Hopefully those of you who feel the same will do what works for you. Once again, thanks for understanding how upset I was about this. Just because to some people it is not a big deal does not mean we all see it the same way and to some it is a big deal. Thanks again.

6. So I’ve been trying to look up anime styled eyes for my Keai, but I can’t seem to find any that are smaller than 20mm. The specifications say that the doll has 16mm eyes.

I might want to get another color, or slightly different shape. I’m worried that normal style doll eyes in an anime style face might look really weird or off.

I looked on the Marketplace but didn’t see any anime styles. Anybody here know of anywhere I can check?

7. Junkyspot carries anime style eyes. I know they go down to at least a 12mm since I've bought some myself.

8. Thanks! Looks like Glib eyes are the only ones.

9. Yeah I did, but most of them are 20mm or bigger. And Glib has a very limited selection of 16mm.

Though I did find a few shops, thanks!

10. I know I've seen more in other sizes but I can't remember the site. I'll let you know if I happen to find them.

11. I like Chocolate Handmade eyes on Etsy. They have many different styles of anime eyes in sizes 14mm and larger. I have three pairs (one 14mm, and two in 16mm). The colors are very bright. Also Volks USA has many anime eyes, in smaller sizes.

12. If you’re comfortable shopping on TaoBao, there are lots of styles and sizes. Just copy and paste
      卡通眼BJD
      That will get you anime eyes.

13. Think we made a difference you guys! DollZone has responded that they will be using fake fur from now on on instagram. Which should mean our Miyou’s should come with fake fur tails! I’m so glad they were willing to listen.

14. :D Yay that's great news!! :D

15. Does anyone know what part of the outfit the tail is attached to? Like is it the cute jacket? I really liked the outfit but wasn't planning on using the tail portion as the kitsune look wasn't what I was going for. Does anyone know if Dollzone is the kind of company you can request something custom like not having the tail attached to the rest of the outfit when ordering?

16. I was never under the impression that it was attached to the clothing. The outfit can be bought separately, whereas the tail is only included with the fullset.

17. @Krissim I’m guessing, from how long the hoodie is, that it’s attached to the “seat” portion of the hoodie. Not sure how easy it’s going to be to detach. Hoping for it being pinned with like a safety pin instead of sewn on.

@JenniferCatherine they stated on instagram that it was attached to the clothing. But since they keep telling people different things, who knows what the truth actually is.

18. I’d like some opinions on sizing. I found this A-S outfit I love, but it’s sized a bit large in places compared to Keai’s body. Do people who have tinies think the 2cm difference in places (especially the shoulders) would be horribly noticable?

19. I think it may be, yes. I have my Candice in more standard yo-SD clothing and it totally swamps her shoulders.

It depends on how much you want them to look like they’re wearing tailored clothes or not. For my Candice, it appears like she’s wearing baggy hand-me-downs. I like that for her, but your mileage may vary.

Tags: