1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Baby BB 23cm - 29.5cm discussion part 3

May 22, 2014

1. She's adorable! Congrats on getting her home safely!

Thank you, @Bailette, @kurogane, and @Quiet and Insane! I'm smitten with Nova!

#41 Gothic-Diurnal-Hime, Dec 9, 2015
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
    2. #42 Verena, Dec 11, 2015
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    3. Aww, what a cutie! Which sculpt is he?

4. @Verena is he a Gino? He's precious! I love the sculpted eyelids on some of the DZ tinies.

5. Awww!! He's so cute!!
      And to the rest of the group: which wig size would fit a Samantha better? And is it just me or is finding shoes a journey for the Young BB girls?

6. @Gothic-Diurnal-Hime - Since her head size is 17.5 I think a 6-7 with a stretchy cap would fit ok (such as Leekeworld wigs) or a 7-8 but that might be a little large for her.

7. @Gothic-Diurnal-Hime - I'm afraid I can't help in either area as my Moon wears a custom wig and no shoes...if I had a wig for my Miss Kitty I may have been able to help...

8. Naww, what a cute little set of overalls!

9. Hello! I have been looking at DZ Ivy for a while and I was wondering if anyone here had her? If so can her wings be removed or are they permanent?

10. i have an ivy. the wings are strung on so they can be removed but there will be holes in her back. if you don't want the wings you can order an ivy head and the B18-001 body.

11. Are the wing strung in with her arms? I keep going back and forth because I love the wings but I also like the idea of her going wingless sometimes as well. If I had the funds I may see about getting her the winged and normal body and go from there but that'll be a while before the doll funds are that high! So I may stick to a normal body for now just to be safe! And if you don't mind me asking, do you have photos of your girl?

12. #54 moondust07x, Dec 19, 2015
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015

13. Ok so if I did want to remove the wings I'd have to worry about undoing all of that string. I have been thinking about going wingless and if I change my mind in the future getting wings since at least DDE offers the nude wing body separately but not the non winged body.

Your ladies are gorgeous! And thank you for sharing a photo of them I've never tried face ups or body blushing but I think if I got one of those ladies I may get them blank so I can practice.

And if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for dollzone to make them and send them out? Was it the usual 90 days?

14. every time i have ordered DZ it has taken 6 months but i go through MOC. i have never ordered directly from the company but i expect it would be faster than through a dealer

15. Thank you! That'll give me some time to do a long layaway and have some ideas :D

16. As a new person, it's good to see an active thread that fits my doll perfectly. I recently pre-ordered a DollZone Candace head on their B27-004 body from Denver Doll Emporium, she will be my first BJD.

What do the people who have Bertha, Samantha, Abby or Candace think of the posing? I've done a lot of googling for pictures of the bodies (I'm fairly certain the only difference between bodies is the wings or lack thereof) and they look like they pose very well. I'm an art student on a break from college and BJD's are like the ultimate level-up from wooden pose mannequins, the only thing better would be a live model.

Bailette, Merrium is gorgeous. I find your design to be fascinating in how she is somewhat very similar to DollZone's photos and yet totally the opposite at the same time. Can I ask what size wig fits her best? DDE lists the Abby head sculpt to be the same size as Candace.

17. Firstly,thanks for the compliments on Merrium! I really appreciate it when others like my dolls since their designs are a bit niche lol

And yes the bodies are the same aside from one model having wings,I find that she has a good range of motion and is able to hold poses well.

For wigs,size 6-7 works best in my opinion,I think 7-8 would be too large even with a silicone head cap since my 6-7 wigs with stretch easily slide about without one.

18. Thank you! I was guessing a 6-7 for the wig, but I didn't want to run with a guess. Putting hair on a BJD is much more expensive than putting hair on the off topic fashion dolls that I've worked on before, lol

I was really pleasantly surprised to see a face-up on an Abby head that was so striking. The DollZone photos and the blank head, to me, look like she is sad or perhaps scared. Merrium looks calm and resolute, definitely not timid.

Tags: