1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Baby BB 23cm - 29.5cm discussion part 3

May 22, 2014

1. Hope nobody minds if I sneak in here! I'm waiting on Sho (at the mo, to rhyme, haha). I think he'll arrive on Tuesday.

Sorry for everyone's crazy high customs fees. It's never fun, but I'm looking forward to seeing all the Sho and Mann photos! <3

2. Congrats @nattherat!!!

Mine is in postal limbo and I'm hoping they can find her... I called on Friday as she was supposed to have been delivered last week's Friday, but has been stuck in "item distributed" since this Monday. Thursday was a holiday, but Friday when she still didn't switch to "out for delivery" I called the postal service and they finally took at where the heck she is. Turns out she's going in circles between depots, and apparently something wasn't right with the address. The CS Agent told me she sent a message to intercept the package so she gets out of the roundabout trip. She's been in postal hell for 40 days, and she got shipped priority.

At this point I'm just hoping she arrives. I would be devastated if she is "lost" and I get refunded... I really really want her, I bought dress, wig cap, feathers, and I have eyes set aside for her too. I even have the insane customs payment set aside in exact change for her.

3. @IzabethS Wow, that's ridiculous! D: I'm sorry that's happening. On the plus side, at least you were able to intercept the package in some way. Our postal services (UK) seem to take a really hands-off approach and even if you have tracking the attitude seems to be "it's completely out of our control, it'll show up when it shows up!" or "Sorry, you'll just have to wait until it's automatically returned to sender then have them ship it again!". I really hope they're able to properly redivert the package to you. It's already a long time to wait for priority mail!

4. @IzabethS - Oh gosh, I hope they can find her soon. :frownyblush: Safe and sound would be great.

5. Thank you @nattherat and @Quiet and Insane

I got the call from the post today, they found her and she’s gonna get delivered this coming week, I’m excited!

6. Yay! They found her!! I'm so relieved for you IzabethS!

7. Congrats on buying Sho, he’s such a little mischievous cutie!

8. Phew! I'm glad she's safe and sound, if still in transit. Please post photos when she arrives! :)

9. @IzabethS I'm looking forward to her deliver too! That's something for sure, just going around and around! What a trip she's had!

10. I return with some pictures because Mann arrived!

[​IMG]
      Here's her cute little face! Wow, I was not prepared for just how cute this face is. As I said earlier, I was after this doll for hybrid reasons, I was just going to put the unwanted parts together and on my to-sell pile. I might need to rethink that!
      The only thing that was weird was that I was not given a magnet for the horn. It's not the end of the world, but it is a little strange when everything else has magnets!

Anyway though, here are some pics I think will be even more interesting, body comparisons! Under a spoiler since this is not a gallery thread.
      [​IMG]
      From the front. Standard non-limited girl body (peach skin Mini Jing), standard non-limited boy body (white skin Niuniu), and Mann.

[​IMG]
      From the back. You might notice that Mann uses the boy body hands. I'm quite pleased with this, as they are a much nicer sculpt than the older girl hands imho. They have more detail and shape to them. The arms and rest of the body use the girl body as a base, though I notice some very small tweaks. The back here is smoother, but there's a bigger difference I'll detail later.

[​IMG]
      From the side. The tops of Mann's legs (presumably Sho's too) have a locking system so that they can stay in this digitigrade position much easier. It works really well, but is also entirely optional! You can actually straighten her legs out all the way, and you can also make her sit just fine. That she shares the boy body's hands is most obvious here.

[​IMG]
      The biggest tweak is the elbow! Mann has big gapping in hers, her upper arm and forearm cannot touch. I'm... not really sure why this is? I don't know the reason for the change from the girl body elbow peanut. It doesn't really matter, but I just thought I'd point it out! I suspect that her arms are not actually just the girl body arms. I think they might actually be some kind of hybrid/modification of the girl and boy body arms. Possibly an entirely new but very similar sculpt.

I will have pictures of the hybrid parts coming up too, I just have to finish stringing them. :D As a quick note though: I can see why DollZone told me no, even if I don't really agree with them! You can plug those digitigrade into the two non-limited bodies 100% no problem, they fit the sockets just fine. The one thing that doesn't work is the locking mechanism, because the non-limited bodies do not have as an extreme a mechanism. It will only take a very small bit of modding, very easy to do, a little milliput inside the joint. In fact I may even try hotgluing first, because friction alone might be enough to lock the leg. But I can see why maybe DollZone didn't want to really get involved doing that, and why they wouldn't allow a customer to buy that. However I can say that my brand new boy satyr looks absolutely ADORABLE. :D Worth it for sure!

11. @nattherat : Wow!! What a cutie! I can't wait to see him in all his glory!

My Mann seems to still be somewhere in postal limbo, still no updates since she left customs on the 20th at 2am... I may have to call the post office tomorrow again and ask "Eh? What gives???"

12. I know! So so cute! I really like how Mann’s face actually looks extremely similar to Jing’s. I wasn’t going to keep Mann, but she would make such a good sister because of the face. Hmm.... I really shouldn’t haha.

I really hope your doll leaves postal limbo soon, what a headache!

13. Still waiting for Cho : he has arrived in a neighbour country almost one month ago, I have said I would wait until shipping normalize... The wait is starting to become a little long...

14. Wow! Congrats Nattherat! Your Mann is adorable!

15. Okay, I brought a picture of my hybrid! :D

[​IMG]
      Pictured next to a Dollzone Mini Jing because the head is otherwise off-topic (It's a custom 3DP head with further sculpting and priming on top, about halfway done).

You can see how perfectly the legs fit into the slots, so there's no reason you can't put the hoof legs onto a boy body if you so desire like I have! I used hot-glue to build up the locks on the pelvis sockets, and now they work absolutely perfectly, they lock even better than the original doll. Whilst I was at it, I also hot-glued the knees and ankles so that the doll could stand up a little straighter (Originally the legs tend to snap back to the 90 degree angles, especially if they have any weight put on them), and now he stands like an absolute boss!

Since my hybrid is OT I can't really post more of him, but please check out this instagram post for a couple more pictures that show a cool pose he can now do haha!

I'm so glad that the stars aligned and I eventually ended up with this body combination after all haha. This doll has been in progress/waiting for about five years!

(I've also put the boy legs onto Mann's otherwise normal girl body, and whilst there's a little gapping because boy legs are slimmer, they do fit. I will post that at some point, but I'm currently struggling to get those minuscule s-hooks back onto the strings!)

16. Unintentional double-post, but here's the second hybrid I promised.

[​IMG]

It's less likely anybody will be trying this combination vs borrowing the digitigrade legs, but I thought I'd show it anyway! Boy legs on the girl body modelled by Mann on the right, and normal girl body Mini Jing on the left. Just like the other hybrid, they fit the sockets completely fine (no hot-glue required this time), but you can see there is a very small amount of gapping at the socket as the boy legs are slimmer. It interferes with absolutely nothing though!

I'm still not settled if I will be keeping Mann, but she is so cute and she honestly looks like she's Jing's sister, their faces are so similar!

17. The more I see Jing, the more I like her. XD argh, dolls, you steal my heart!

(For everyone else who doesn't hear my rambling all day... I have a pink bear on layaway, and I know it'll be ages before I meet her, but I fell in love with her mournful little face right away. She will be my first dollzone girl, and I'm so hyped haha)

@IzabethS Sorry you're having trouble with the post. A similar thing happened to me a long time ago with a limited edition (off topic) doll, and chasing around the depots was a nightmare. So much empathy! Got my fingers crossed that your doll arrives safe soon! ^^;

18. @nattherat - Ooh how cool! congratulations on the arrival!

19. I return with another picture, because I dyed Mann today!

[​IMG]

Since I decided I was keeping her instead of Jing, I needed to make her a human skin tone rather than milk-colour. I used Rit Dyemore Apricot, and she came out with such a healthy glow! I have a habit of putting a lot of red in my face-ups, but especially when I'm painting ginger faces, so I was wanting the skin to be more yellow/orange to counterbalance the red I'd inevitably introduce. She came out lovely, the only uneven areas are the tops of the legs really, which as I stated before had yellowed (DZ/DC white resins make me sigh, I wish they were more stable) and I wasn't interested in sanding them to see if I could restore the white.

Now I need some clothes for her...

Tags: