1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Baby BB 23cm - 29.5cm discussion part 3

May 22, 2014

1. @nattherat that dyejob is fantastic!! I was a little concerned that Dollzone's resin would take dye poorly- I have a DZ niuniu I've been trying to get the nerve to dye brown. (I realize I'd seen your dyed DZ Candice on insta before too! :love)

Also, I love seeing the body swap and comparison photos, thank you so much for sharing those! I swore I'd seen subtle variations in measurements so this was very validating, lol!! I also wanted to know about how good the satyr-style body posing was too and gosh it looks really nice.

2. She looks amazing in this color! Like... wow, it sure changes her completely. She got even cuter, if that is possible!

Blossom, my Mann, had her tracking update two days ago. Still in the same location, still as "item distributed", but I'll take it. I'll be grateful when she finally makes it...

3. Thank you! :D I will say that DollZone’s habit of over-sanding their dolls can have an effect for sure. My Candice has more issues than Mann, but that might also be compounded by the fact that I used iDye Poly for her. However personally, I absolutely love the look of dye, over any resin tone, because I love how it gathers at edges naturally and gives a natural skin variation. So I am less upset by variation in the dye like some people might be; I don’t want it to be flat colour. I totally recommend dyeing your doll! But, definitely follow all the usual advice of making sure pieces are washed and dried first, and keep a magic eraser nearby so that you can tone down areas where the dye has taken unevenly if they are too dramatic. Lastly, don’t be afraid to use a combination of dye and airbrush, which is what my Candice has. Dye ensures she does not chip white when moved, and the airbrushing corrects a few places that were not quite right.

I’m glad the comparison pictures help! I think the boy legs on the girl body might actually be my favourite combination, it just looks so good imo! And yeah the hoof legs are amazing haha, I love them!

I know, I think so too! But I always think that about dyed dolls, I think it is because the dye always highlights features due to how it naturally pools, so its like a free subtle face-up haha.

:( I can’t believe how long your Mann has been stuck in the post, it’s ridiculous. I really really hope she finally gets to you soon.

4. @nattherat - Wow that dye job looks wonderful! :D Very natural looking! I've been wanting to dye my DZ Egg and DC Elizabeth for a while now, but have never worked up the courage to do it.

@IzabethS - She's still not arrived?? :o That's crazy!

5. @IzabethS Argh I feel so much sympathy frustration! O_O I hope your poor doll makes it home soon!

6. @nattherat, @Quiet and Insane, & @bentosmile - Yeah, still no movement on her, for 2 weeks now. Though she briefly blipped the tracking as "item distributed", but at the same postal code as the one over two weeks ago. So I am calling the post again...

7. Hello! My in-stock Mann arrived today. And im confused on how to attach the horn :pout:
      I have the horn and 4 extra magnets - but there is no magnet in the head nor a slot for me to put the extra magnets in for the horn to attach. It's probably me overlooking something because i'm stupid like that sometimes :XD:

8. My Mann arrived too finally, and I cannot get her horn to stay put either, @EtherealReflection. I'm gonna try and flip the magnet in the horn as currently it repels the headcap magnet in the forehead...

[​IMG]
      Here's a picture of Blossom in my first ever featherwig!

9. @IzabethS Finally! I am so glad for you! :D That wig is awesome, she is a cutie!

I don’t think mine has a magnet in the forehead at all? There is nothing for the horn to go on. Nor was I provided with a matching magnet for the horn. I ended up just using eye putty when I wanted to see how it looked.

10. Thanks @nattherat! I was given 4 extra magnets with her, but the horn repels the headcap magnet. Which is why I'm wondering if I can flip the magnet in it...

11. Ah! Seems like being given extra magnets is standard perhaps, and mine were missed out. Oh well! Luckily for me, I don't plan to use the horn.

I hope you can get it to work out!

12. @IzabethS - Oh she arrived!! Thank goodness. Bugger about the magnet, but at least she's home now. :)

13. @IzabethS
      She is beautiful! I contacted them yesterday and apparently DZ dont give the slot in the head for those extra magnets. I was told to just use the putty provided to attach the horn - but i think instead im going to drill a small hold inside the head for the magnets. I did the same kind of mod for my poulpy who i plan on making horns for :whee:

I thought of reversing the magnet too, but i realised the magnet for the head cap is far too high, the horn i think would look awkward in that position? I dont know, i just placed the extra magnets on the headcap magnet and its just too high for my liking. I want it like the DZ official photos.

14. Yay! Great news! So glad she's finally home! :dance

She's definitely a cutie!

15. [QUOTE =“ ShuriTigerH,post:12781163,member:7666”]然后突然有两个<3。我的第二辆Yo-Carter今天到达,有点突然,因为跟踪仍然说他在法国。认识Omen(左)和Jinx:

[​IMG]双胞胎jefvonk,在Flickr

天哪,我很喜欢这造型,这两个人一开始就拥有如此多的性格,简直太荒谬了。我喜欢Omen的脸部表情,尽管实际上与他兄弟的脸庞一样,但略显男性化,眉毛稍重,嘴唇也更棕褐色。当我把他从盒子里拿出来的时候,他自发地摆姿势比他哥哥的姿势更愚蠢,这完全符合我对他们的想法^^。

与Jinxy不同,Omen会脸红,自从他全套之后,我希望他也能在促销图片上画上自己的伤口。我完全打算立即取消所说的脸红,因为这些割伤对我来说太过分了,所以当他没有这些时,给我惊喜是彩色的,而且脸红比我预期的要微妙得多。所以他暂时保留了它^^。即使他们没有适当的眼睛和假发,但我暂时感觉灰色假发也能很好地工作。他们唯一真正需要的是……内裤^^ ;;。我想这适合他们有点恶魔般的本质,尽管它们并不关心谦虚的那一点:P。无论哪种方式,我对我的令人毛骨悚然的双胞胎都很满意:爱[/ QUOTE]

16. 您好,我是新手,我想咨询一下您说的娃娃,面朝上是什么意思,谢谢
      [QUOTE =“ Dongmei,post:12808443,member:93394”] [QUOTE =“ ShuriTigerH,post:12781163,member:7666”]然后突然有两个<3。因为跟踪仍然说他在法国。认识Omen(左)和Jinx:

[​IMG]双胞胎jefvonk,在Flickr

天哪,我很喜欢这造型,两个个人一开始就拥有如此多的性格,简直太荒谬谬了。我喜欢Omen的脸部表情,虽然实际上与他兄弟的脸庞一样,但略显男性化,眉毛稍重,嘴唇也更棕褐色。当我把他从盒子里拿出来的时候,他自发地摆姿势比他哥哥的姿势更愚蠢,这完全符合我对他们的想法^^。

与Jinxy不同,Omen会脸红,自从他完整之后,我希望他也能在促销图片上画上自己的伤口。我完全打算立即取消所说的脸红,因为这些割伤对我来说太过分了,所以当他没有这些时,给我惊喜是彩色的,而且脸红比我预期的要微妙之处。所以他暂时保留了它^^。甚至他们没有适当的眼睛和假发,但我暂时感觉灰色假发也能很好地工作。他们唯一真正需要的是……内裤^^ ;;。我想这适合他们有点恶魔般的本质,尽管它们并不关心谦虚的那一点:P。无论如何方式,我对我的令人毛骨悚然的双胞胎都很满意:爱[/ QUOTE] [/ QUOTE]

17. Got my B27-010 body today, hadn't even realised it'd shipped yet~ Absolutely love it, it's just my aesthetic and poses beautifully. I'm not 100% sure about the hybrid (Flower and Junior Little Fox) it's not quite as bobble headed in person, but I'd likely have to get a wig and some clothes before deciding for sure. Otherwise I think it'd be cute with an anime style head.

[​IMG]

18. @sugarstitch It is gorgeous! Do you happen to have any of the other DZ 1/6 bodies you could take a photo of it next to? I keep looking at this body a lot but I am never sure how well it will fit with others.

19. Lovely, it's the first I see in owner pics, thank you :)
      It is definitely on my wishlist, I just have to decide which head will end up on it and hence, what color it will order it when I can.

20. @sugarstitch Wow!! Oh that's just gorgeous, I'd been wanting to see this body more!! :love Do the hip joints hold poses alright even though they're round? I personally love the f&j head on it, it seems like it has a lot of possibilities for hybrids!

Tags: