1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Baby BB 23cm - 29.5cm discussion part 3

May 22, 2014

1. @nattherat It's even nicer in person, I really need a better camera aha. And I don't sorry, only 1/4 size :\

@Skimo No problem~! It was love at first sight for me~

@Beedalee It really is, I'm so glad I got one~ There's a locking system in the ball to thigh joint so she's super solid which I'm grateful for aha. I love that aesthetic style, but the other dolls I have with similar joints are a massive pain to pose, especially my Dust of Dolls Appi.

2. @sugarstitch DZ 1/4? If you have time, I would love to see a photo of that too! I have a DZ Doreen myself, so seeing that body next to a 1/4, I should hopefully be able to extrapolate how it would look next to another 1/6!

3. There is a nice comparison including this body on doll chateau instagram with one of their latest head, here :
      Login • Instagram

Bonne journée,
      Sabrina

4. @Skimo Oh wow, thank you so much!

I honestly never thought the body would be that chunky! It's actually hard for me to believe what I am seeing haha! Chunkier legs than the 1/4 body? In comparison, the other 1/6 bodies do not approach that size at all. That's really interesting though, it puts it at a completely different overall size than I was expecting.

I've also asked directly for photo comparisons so if I hear back I will post them on here!

5. Yep aha, the chunky thighs and hips are one of the main reasons I love her, I'm a fan of pear shaped bodies~ Oooh, that comparison includes all the 1/4 DZ bodies I have. Hopefully they can give a 1/6 comparison for you~

6. Yeah haha, that's what attracted me to the body too! It's not actually a negative, it only gives me reason to pause because I want to know if the body will stylistically fit with their other 1/6 bodies, or if it will look like an alien next to them, rather than natural human variation. Sadly I'm suspecting the former, which for once is not what I'm after.

But! I eagerly await their reply. I also asked them in the same message if they'll ever consider bringing the B27-006 body back. I am eternally disappointed that that body and associated dolls were never supposed to be limited, and yet were for sale for a month or so before disappearing forever. I really like the look of that body too!

7. Oh no it's me again!

The lighting wasn't great by the time I finished so the photo isn't great, but I did Merlin's (Mann) face-up today!
      [​IMG]
      Sybil (the Candice sculpt) on the left and Merlin (Mann) on the right. Merlin doesn't have her gloss layer yet, but that's because I want to paint tiny little fangs in her mouth first.

Her clothes are on the way, so hopefully soon she'll be just as dressed up as Sybil!

8. @sugarstitch - Ooh that's a super cute body! I love how curvy it is!

@nattherat - Aww, they both look super cute! :D You've done a great job.

9. Nattherat, her face-up looks great! I love the freckles! :love

10. Thank you both!

I actually have another update. Merlin had several sealant mishaps because of the wind (this is mostly my fault!), but I honestly didn't want to wipe her, re-dye her, re-seal her, because that's a huge waste of materials when she's only been dyed for a couple of weeks. However I couldn't leave her because some stuff that had blown onto her face in the wind left a big gouged out discoloured space on her chin that was really apparent in day light.

So, just like Claris, the DiM/Doll Leaves doll that is her sister, Merlin also became a messy eater who has been smearing too much tomato puree onto her face.
      [​IMG]

That's just how much she loves tomato pizzas. I know Merlin might be a little less conventionally cute now, but I'm cool with her until eventually I feel like re-doing it. :) I refreshed Sybil's face-up a bit whilst I was at it, and she looks way way better now. Her eyebrows are stronger and she has some eyelid definition.

Thanks for putting up with the spam of my girls!

11. Aww, I still think she looks cute, messy eater or not . ;)

12. Still supernaturally adorable. :thumbup

But, are you sure that it's pizza sauce? With her fangs, that red smear could easily be mistaken for something other than tomato-based. ;)

13. @Rabbit-moon I'd ask, but she never seems to be awake during the day! ;)

Dollzone replied with that comparison between the B27-10 and other body that I asked for! Here it is:
      [​IMG]
      I love it, I think they look pretty good together! There's definitely a stylistic difference, but they still look close enough to each other that they can occupy the same "world". I suspect that the comparison that Doll Chateau posted on their instagram is not correctly scaled. Here, the B27-10 has chunky legs but not to so extreme an extent that they'd be twice the width of the MSD body.

Unfortunately they actually weren't sure what I meant when I asked about the B27-006 body, and just reiterated that if a body is discontinued then it isn't coming back. However, I'd since seen an image of it compared to the standard body on instagram and realised it would be far too disproportionate for me, so I don't mind too much myself.

14. Now I got both Mann and Sho.

Blossom, my Mann, got a new feather wig, as the first one I made looked scraggly at best. This time I had better feathers and a better glue gun so it suits her better too!

Sho I am tentatively naming Tavin, and he will get a new face up soonish. His current face up isn't bad, but it's not what I'd want for him.
      [​IMG]
      I also very quickly realized I do not have boy clothing in his size. So he is frilly, but he seems to love it, so it's all good.

I'm in the process of painting Blossom (ever so slowly), so no new pictures of her yet!

15. Thank you @Quiet and Insane!! I love his little smirk.

I was able to finally paint Blossom, and I love how she turned out!!
      [​IMG]
      I love how she turned out.

16. Oh she's precious~! Really love that feather wig, it's gorgeous~

17. Ah thank you! I had to make her a new one as the first was scraggly looking due to having only crappy feathers on hand. But I bought some better ones and I may make her two more wigs, just as back ups.

18. @IzabethS She is unbelievably cute! I love the colours especially!

Tags: