1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Baby BB 23cm - 29.5cm discussion part 3

May 22, 2014

1. Thank you everyone!

And - yes she is so much bigger than LTF, I had no idea. & thank you for the comparison, Iza.

I extra want a JoJo now for size buddies... oops.

2. Yeah, LTFs are really small, but they are cute and full of personality. I think I have more Dollzone tinies than Fairyland though...
      You're welcome! I just grabbed a bunch of different YoSDs off my dresser. I have a few more body types I didn't include, but that's okay. I just wanted a few to show their differences!
      And definitely get a Jojo, so we can live vicariously through you!

3. Thanks for the comparison photo, IzabethS. Wow! I had no idea that the DZ tiny was so much bigger than the standard YOSD size. I'm not a big fan of the wide hips on tinies trend. Doesn't that make finding pants that fit difficult?

Mollym: OMG! Isn't that the truth! :doh

Lilibet, your DZ Peach is adorable! :D

4. I am now a proud owner of my first YoSD. :whee:
      My Pink Bear came in and I am so in love with her. <3
      Here is a quick snap I took after dressing her completely:
      [​IMG]20210520_152416 by keliyara, auf Flickr

I'm always amazed how smooth Dollzone's resin is. All my other dolls are a bit "rougher" to the touch.
      Her wings seem to be a bit too heavy for the little magnets, they wont stay up. Anyone who owns her (or a similar doll) have any tips on how to change that?

5. Congrats on her arrival, she is super cute! What I did to get the wings to stop drooping is add a very thin layer of hot glue along the magnets in the wings. That’ll give them something to grip and prevent the sinking/drooping.

6. Amadiel, what a cutie she is! Congrats on getting her! :D

7. Could someone please tell me what size wig Pink Bear wears?

thanks in advance

8. [​IMG]

Here's my Miss Kitty, Charlotte! :aheartbea

She's my favorite doll and I love her to bits (she is also my only yosd size).
      My husband and friend gifted her to me many years ago, however I was too skittish to do much with her for a long while. They got me the full default set, but I did change her eyes and wig. Aside from her default outfit, she has another DZ dress, and this outfit here in the picture (and of course those are the default shoes).

My husband's recently ordered her a nice casual outfit from Etsy, and I am making plans to create some fabric ears and a fabric tail for her so that she won't be so floppy and top-heavy. Not sure if I want to get her a friend or not, maybe a little baby? We'll see, I just sold two dolls a while ago because I feel like I had too many to manage. I'm also considering giving her an entire shelf to herself, to decorate like a bedroom.

9. Onigirlkiri, she's adorable! :D

Fabric ears sound really interesting. Curious to see how that works out.

10. [​IMG]

Rabbit-moon, thank you! She is my baby. Here's a better picture that I just took. Sorry to post two in a row. Really excited to be getting back into the hobby.

I've seen a few tutorials for those 'nekomimi' sets for the anime style dolls using minky faux fur. I'll be basing her set off of those existing tutorials. I'm not sure if I want to attach her ears to a headband, sew them into the wig, or do magnets... I'm leaning towards the headband. I'm all about keeping things easy to manage, and I feel like that would be the easiest to fix when fiddling with her. She's so tiny!

11. @Onigirikiri - Aww, she's adorable! I like the idea of making her a little bedroom-shelf! :D

12. Sorry to reply here once more, I have a question this time around.

Does anyone know when Miss Kitty was released? I was trying to pinpoint a date for when I got my girl, but I didn't post for her arrival. My older posts have me claiming that my husband and friend gifted her to me on pre-order in 2013. Does this add up?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for the question. I can't seem to find any info about her initial release date.

13. Miss Kitty was released in December of 2012 according to the BJD Collectasy article. It makes sense to me, as I got mine in a trade in 2013 after the first owner didn’t bond with her.

Miss Kitty & Mr Bunny

14. Thank you for the info! I think they did get her on pre-order for me, because at the time she was a Christmas present but would be arriving late. Thanks again, I appreciate it! I forgot all about Mr. Bunny, oh my goodness. It's been so long!

15. Crazy to think how time flies with dolls. All the iconic older sculpts...(am I still pining for a Nyu?...perhaps :sweat)

16. Hello again!

Does anyone here have any suggestions on where to get these cuties some shoes that aren't made by DZ?
      My husband got me this little brown yosd pair off Etsy, and while they technically fit they're too big.
      It's okay with some socks on and I think it looks pretty cute, but, you know.

My Miss Kitty is my only yosd size doll, I had no idea just how much skinnier/smaller she was overall!

[​IMG]
      | Top; DollGenius on Etsy | Skirt + Undies; RybinYak on Etsy | Socks; darlingja on Etsy | Shoes; DollGenius on Etsy |

17. Sorry, Onigirikiri, I'm not going to be much help. I love the look of big ol' shoes on my tinies. I stuff paper in the toe of the shoe to make the fit more secure, and punch an extra hole in the strap. I think it looks adorable. :chibi

That outfit is too cute! :D

18. Thank you :aheartbea I thought she was so sweet in it!

Oh hey putting some material in the shoe is a good idea! Thanks for sharing that tip. I don't mind the look of the shoes being big at all-it's cute! But they kept falling off lol. That actually will really help.

Tags: